Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 16 Qualifiers Draw - Sunday (San Marino, Lithuania, Estonia, Slovenia, Switzerland)

Qualifiers draw this Sunday!!

For those who follow England, what is the group you want?

1st and 2nd choice in Bold
Worst choice in Italics (All places I’ve been)
Based mainly of the away games.

The Pots:

Pot 2: Ukraine, Croatia, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland, Belgium, Czech Republic, Hungary, Republic of Ireland
Pot 3: Serbia, Turkey, Slovenia, Israel, Norway, Slovakia, Romania, Austria, Poland
Pot 4: Montenegro, Armenia, Scotland, Finland, Latvia, Wales, Bulgaria, Estonia, Belarus
Pot 5: Iceland, Northern Ireland, Albania, Lithuania, Moldova, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Cyprus
Pot 6: Luxembourg, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein, Faroe Islands, Malta, Andorra, San Marino, Gibraltar
Pots 3 and 5 are full of beauties!!

What do we want then fellow addicks?

Comments

• ireland, norway, scotland, albania, gibraltar would be my group of choice purely for the away games.
  • Denmark, Norway, Scotland, Iceland, Gibraltar.
  • Republic of Ireland / Norway / Scotland / Iceland / Gibraltar
  • So how does qualification now work, as its 24 teams in the finals isn't it?
  • Gib will be playing home games in Portugal I believe.
  • Gibraltar would be an interesting one!

9 groups. winners and runners up from each group qualify automatically. Hosts and best 3rd place team also qualifies. The remaining eight 3rd place sides compete in play offs for the remaining four places. So even Scotland should get through.
  • Ireland,
    Romania,
    Scotland,
    N. Ireland
    Gibraltar
  • Sponsored links:

Correct. They are improving their current stadium to make it into a FIFA Approved 10,000 seater stadium. They hope to have it ready by the end of 2016.
  • Since when did Gibraltar have a team? Never heard of it before.
  • With the tournament now geared up to ensure all the big boys qualify who we get in qualifying shouldn't really matter. Countries we haven't played for a while would be preferable.

The Organiser, I must know you by sight if not by name, I don't come across too many Charlton following England.
  • Gibraltar will be playing in The Algarve stadium near Faro. I hope to get to a few of their games whether they play England or not - great bunch of supporters as I am sure The Organiser will testify...

Correct. They are improving their current stadium to make it into a FIFA Approved 10,000 seater stadium. They hope to have it ready by the end of 2016.
    Shame - I loved the uniqueness of their ground pre-season, right next to the border and runway.
  • Hungary, Romania, Latvia, Azerbaijan and Gibraltar
  • Ireland, Serbia, Finland, Cyprus and Malta sounds good to me

Accepted by UEFA around May last year
    Drew there first ever game 0-0 against Slovakia in November
    MUST BE KEPT APART FROM SPAIN
  • Cheers. Must be about the same population as San Marino.

Did we not play them in the summer?

• Sponsored links:

• Could Yorkshire have its own team? In a group with Catalonia, Bavaria, Brittany, Sardinia and Madeira please.
  • Draw starts in 15 minutes.

9 groups. winners and runners up from each group qualify automatically. Hosts and best 3rd place team also qualifies. The remaining eight 3rd place sides compete in play offs for the remaining four places. So even Scotland should get through.
    I wouldn't go that far.
  • Draw starts in 15 minutes.

So we'll know in about fours hours, right?
  • Haha, I'm watching on uefa.com ... this draw is following the tried and tested template of dragging things on for as long as possible.
  • Can we draw Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland & Rep of Ireland?

That would be good!
  • We always get Andorra or San Marino in pot 6
  • Can we draw Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland & Rep of Ireland?

That would be good!

Wales and Scotland are in rhe same pot I think?

Charlton beat them 2-0 pre-season! :-)
  • I'm surprised they didn't add Ukraine/Russia to the "can't be drawn together" pairs.

For away tour...I'm hoping for the Republic to get Cyprus, Malta & Gibraltar (Algarve) :)