Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SA v Australia Test Series

The "not very good" Australian side seem to be doing ok in the first Test.

Comments

• The not very good Australian side in the last session of day 3 lead S Africa by 350+ with nine 2nd innings wickets in hand.
  • Wait 'til they play a decent team.
  • What like Old Dunstonians Sunday 3rdXI?
  • Or the No.1 ranked team in Test match cricket?
  • Fancy a game?
  • I went out at the top......
  • No need to thank me for giving you something to bowl at.
  • This Australian team are surprising me. Mind you, they are playing at their best, and they new players have been given proper chances. It's been a while since everyone in the england team played their best
  • Whats the turnaround? - only 6 months ago they had been thrashed by both India and ourselves.
  • Whats the turnaround? - only 6 months ago they had been thrashed by both India and ourselves.

Darren Lehmann

• Sponsored links:

• I'm loving watching the Aussies now. Quality side!
  • Lehman, Johnson, Warner, Haddin and knowing their best team.
  • Thought the Aussies were absolutely fucking ruthless against us, played some outstanding cricket to blow us (might I add we are a very very ruthless consistent experienced team for 6 odd years nigh on ruling) away, blew us away so hard that we lost players to depression, retirement and terrible loss of form, proper players too! I hated losing in that manor to them, I loved doing them for three ashes in a row, but they are now in the accendancy now and people saying they are not a great side I think are wrong. Bloody convict gits! If they can do the saffers I think they may kick on properly! Haddin I hate that git! Awesome player tho!
  • Haddin is a obnoxious smug git - i would love to give him a good smack in the gob just to wipe the permanent smug smile off his face.
  • MCS said:

Thought the Aussies were absolutely fucking ruthless against us, played some outstanding cricket to blow us (might I add we are a very very ruthless consistent experienced team for 6 odd years nigh on ruling) away, blew us away so hard that we lost players to depression, retirement and terrible loss of form, proper players too! I hated losing in that manor to them, I loved doing them for three ashes in a row, but they are now in the accendancy now and people saying they are not a great side I think are wrong. Bloody convict gits! If they can do the saffers I think they may kick on properly! Haddin I hate that git! Awesome player tho!

Good side, however, there were 2 or 3 times against us were we had them in trouble but Haddin got them out of it. Haddin is 34 i think , Johnson is 32. They wont be around the next time the Ashes are in OZ. Johnson just wiped the floor with us - not many people who can deal with 95mph when its directed properly which MJ seems to have been able to achieve recently - it was tough trying to deal with that - plus also i think that Steyn is maybe over the top now (a bit like Jimmy A).
    Batting wise, i dont think Oz are they much - they will get sorted out by the likes of India and Pakistan and us in 2015 , i'm sure.
  • mrbligh said:

I'm loving watching the Aussies now. Quality side!

I bet you walk around with your Brazil shirt on when the World Cup is on?
  • Let's hope so mr president. I was very impressed tho with the way they despatched us, old blokes like Haddin and Mitch aside, smith played well, another ton v saffers, good looking quicks coming through like pat cummins (old mans name) and the pattinsin bloke, I worry with Lehman in charge who is a fuckinghardbarst they will be a decent side for a while now! Haddin and Johnson will be there for a few years yet I think they look in good form and shape to me and obviously loving there cricket! I always hark back to the interview/documentary I have on DVD of the ashes win out there Haddin was saying along the lines of 'losing to them, is the worst thing ever and i wake up every morning of every day thinking about that loss feeling sick, proper deep down in me belly sick knowing they come over here and took the absolute Micky' which we did then, but he said In That interview/docu that he wouldn't stop till they got revenge!

On our new chapter in this wonderful sport I think we have many things to work on, replacing old heads with new blood, replacing the old coaching ragime etc we really need to am take stock, go slow and hope this new crop can look at the achievements of the jimmy Anderson's, the swanny's, the trots etc and be positive that we can compete, can go to India and win, go to Aus & win. We have some bright kids, just need to kick on now, choose the right coach and go and bat, for ages!

Ahhhhh
  • Gonna be tough, aside from Overton, dont see much coming through.
  • Indeed Overton looked the part for Somerset, still young and raw, but defo will be a handful with his pace and the right coaching. It's probably something we've missed recently someone with bastard raw 92mph throat swirlers like Johnson became!

It's the hope the kills ya! ;-)
  • Haddin is a obnoxious smug git - i would love to give him a good smack in the gob just to wipe the permanent smug smile off his face.

You'd have to wait for me to finish with him first!
  • Sponsored links:

Agreed, cannot stand the bloke.

• I think there are a number of good young players coming through, Sam Robson, Moeen Ali, Gary Ballance, Tymal Mills, Jamie Overton, Chopra. Players like Ben Stokes who was thrown in against Australia have shown their worth. I like the look of Moeen Ali, top scorer in the County Championship and he also weighed in with forty wickets. He has just been picked for the T20 squad?
  • The not very good Australians have just hammered world number 1 team South Africa in their own back hard.
  • Riviera said:

The not very good Australians have just hammered world number 1 team South Africa in their own back hard.

Yep - steamrolled. Johnson again with 12 wickets.
    Yet, if you take MJ out of the team ( or back to spraying it around), then they look very ordinary on paper.Shows you what a bit of confidence can do.
  • dickplumb said:

I think there are a number of good young players coming through, Sam Robson, Moeen Ali, Gary Ballance, Tymal Mills, Jamie Overton, Chopra. Players like Ben Stokes who was thrown in against Australia have shown their worth. I like the look of Moeen Ali, top scorer in the County Championship and he also weighed in with forty wickets. He has just been picked for the T20 squad?

TBH, i like the look of Overton and Ballance, but the others are hardly likely to trouble Test teams in the future. Ali was even released by Warwickshire a couple of years ago!
  • mrbligh said:

I'm loving watching the Aussies now. Quality side!

I bet you walk around with your Brazil shirt on when the World Cup is on?
    hmm not so much. just enjoyed watching a good team.
  • Don't want to start a thread but Brendan McCallum at stumps on Day 4 is 281 n o. That follows his 224 in the last Test.

McCallum & Watling put on 352 for the 6th wicket and 571-6 from 96-5 one could say is a decent recovery!

• Don't want to start a thread but Brendan McCallum at stumps on Day 4 is 281 n o. That follows his 224 in the last Test.

McCallum & Watling put on 352 for the 6th wicket and 571-6 from 96-5 one could say is a decent recovery!

I bet the mood in the Indian dressing room at stumps was absolutely ebullient!

Largest sixth-wicket stand in all Test history and largest stand in history of NZ Test cricket.

If McCullum gets 300 he'll be first ever triple-century maker for NZ in Tests.

I bet the mood in the Indian dressing room at stumps was absolutely ebullient!

Largest sixth-wicket stand in all Test history and largest stand in history of NZ Test cricket.

If McCullum gets 300 he'll be first ever triple-century maker for NZ in Tests.
    With a lead of 325 going into the final day he will be stuck between deciding what's best for the team and what's best for him. Perhaps a six over slog to get him to 300 followed by a declaration?

• I always like to see New Zealand do well.

On a side note I'm not to surprised by Johnson steam rolling through South Africa, when he was in form last time down there, didn't he break Smith's finger and clock De Villiers as well?

I am more surprised that there batting stood up to Steyn, Morkel, Philander.