Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thank you for making my dream come true

Perhaps it's not the best time for celebration as we just lost a game yesterday.But nothing can affect my excitement of realising one of my lifetime dreams.As some of you may remember,a few months ago I came on here for help and suggestions about buying Curbs' autobiography.Within half an hour's time I was totally overwhelmed by all you good people's kind replies.In the end,the whole thing became a miracle that I could hardly think of when I started to support the Addicks ten years ago.Thanks to the great kindness and the great deal of effort from Fanny,ShootersHillGuru,Granpa,and AddickUpNorth,I now have 1) Curbs' autobiography with a personal dedication from him; 2) an official calendar signed by all the players; 3) a club T-shirt; 4) a limited edition poster of players caricatures and signatures; 5) an official programme; 6) ticket stubs of various games across the country; 7) Christmas card from the almighty Fanny herself.

Hereby I would like to express my deepest gratitude to @Fanny,@AddickUpNorth,@Granpa and @ShootersHillGuru.Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure that it's real.Everything you gave me will be a family heirloom and this whole experience will live with me for ever.

Last but not least, thank you @AFKABartram and @Lookout for running this amazing site (and thank you @Ross for encouraging me to start posting). Thanks to all the nice Lifers out there.You represent Charlton Athletic,the greatest and the most wonderful football club in this world.

As suggested by Granpa,here's photos of me with the goodies:

Comments

• That's wonderful, pleasure having you on here Jessie, and a massive thank you to those that put in that little bit extra to help out others on here. We are lucky to have some really good people on here.
  • @Granpa - you sly old dog !

Fantastic stuff, the power of this site is astonishing sometimes, but Jessie, please, don't inflict Charlton on future generations of your family !
  • I think that's the first Charlton related smile I've had for quite a while. Well done everyone who helped Jessie out with her life of ups and downs following CAFC. You're lovely people.
  • You are SO welcome, Jessie & thanks for the lovely pics !

Today you are indeed a ray of sunshine in these dark days for our Club.

Keep the faith !
    xx
  • Brilliant pictures. Enjoy the book Jessie.
  • edited February 2014
    This should be on the reasons to be cheerful thread cos it's this kind of act that Charlton should be all about (and I'm not just saying this because I was involved on the periphery).

So after the gloom and spite, backbiting and stroppiness that seems to be abounding at the moment we would all do to remember that this is what being Charlton is and should be about. It's the kind of thing I doubt that Millwall would bother with.

THIS is what WE do!!!!

( @Fanny Fanackapan - the chq really is in the mail ;-) )
  • What a great thread this is. A bit of light in the gloom. Yours is a great story Jessie.
  • Hey, this cheered me up a lot. For every knob head who follows Charlton there are many hundreds of kind, decent people who love their club.

Well done all, and Jessie, it is wonderful to see your passion for Charlton from so far away. Great stuff.
  • Lovely post Jessie.

This interweb thingy makes the World so small. Just glad someone like you is able to get involved with the car crash that is CAFC and become involved in our community.

I so hope you get the opportunity to come over here one day.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2014
    At last , a thread that made me smile. :)
  • Ahhh that's brill! Well done all!
  • Great stuff. Well done all. Jessie - your English is terrific.
  • Lovely pictures Jessie, a big well done to those concerned.
    It's what we do best and singles the forum out as the best one out there.
  • Great stuff Jessie and well done to the others involved.
  • What a wonderful message, Jessie.
    And well done to everyone who has helped her.

Let's hope that following Charlton can bring you more joy!
  • Jessie, you are an oasis in a desert of despair. An island in a shark-infested ocean. A ray of light in an otherwise dark, depressing world. A Strawberry in a sea of parsnips. a Lego brick in a box full of Duplo bricks.

Every post you make, makes me smile.

That sounds a little bit creepy pal!
  • sseaddick said:

Jessie, you are an oasis in a desert of despair. An island in a shark-infested ocean. A ray of light in an otherwise dark, depressing world. A Strawberry in a sea of parsnips. a Lego brick in a box full of Duplo bricks.

...I was hoping that the over-generousness of my praise would be sufficient to offset any suggestion of prurience. Clearly not. There needs to be a universally accepted smiley that indicates 'no creepiness intended'....
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for your comments everyone.Looks like I've ended up clicking the 'Like' button under every post....
    I hope one day I'll have the opportunity to go to The Valley and meet all of you there!!
  • And @Leroy thanks for your comment.It does make me smile too!!! :-)
  • Hi Jessie, one of the great truths is that you can get more pleasure from giving than receiving. I have loved this whole episode with so many people showing how kind they can be. I hope that you are saving for your first visit to the Valley, we would love to meet you.
  • Thanks for your comments everyone.Looks like I've ended up clicking the 'Like' button under every post....
    I hope one day I'll have the opportunity to go to The Valley and meet all of you there!!

Now go out and somehow persuade your friends and family to become cafc fans and bring them with you!

God knows we need to fill up some seats !
  • sseaddick said:

Jessie, you are an oasis in a desert of despair. An island in a shark-infested ocean. A ray of light in an otherwise dark, depressing world. A Strawberry in a sea of parsnips. a Lego brick in a box full of Duplo bricks.

...I was hoping that the over-generousness of my praise would be sufficient to offset any suggestion of prurience. Clearly not. There needs to be a universally accepted smiley that indicates 'no creepiness intended'....
    Maybe a smiley could of worked, or could of made it even more so ;)
  • Lovely story that.
  • Great stuff
  • sseaddick said:

Thanks for your comments everyone.Looks like I've ended up clicking the 'Like' button under every post....

Now go out and somehow persuade your friends and family to become cafc fans and bring them with you!

God knows we need to fill up some seats !
    Erm...what can I say...I definitely would if I could...
  • Jessie, you have your own page in tonight's programme 're this thread and website