Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

night clubs in south london

edited November 2007 in Not Sports Related
I use to go Daniels on A20 Flamingos Woolwich and when i was feeling brave Ts in Erith and Sinatras Croydon
What was your old favs!lol!

Comments

• Never went to Daniels or Flamingos or Sinatras.
    Strictly T's or Flicks being a bexleyheath girl.
    Think i went to Spooks in Woolwich once.
    Used to go to Southsides in Clapham a lot... think thats what it was called. 15 quid and as much drink as you can handle... binge drinkers today? pah.
  • Used to go the Gin Palace on the Old Kent Road quite a lot (why?) or Bon Bonee (sp?) in Herne Hill, or somewhere like that. It was Zen's if we were going to get dressed up, or The Venue if we were gonna dress down.
  • ha champs as well for a while
  • Zens.....
    Amadeus once on a coach from the bull and vic in dartford.
    The Venue (going there next friday!)
    The club underneath the cactus pit in blackheath with the lit up dancefloor.
    loads of my friends used to go to bon bonnies and other clubs in south west london (i think? herne hill?) but i was never allowed as it was too far.

I heard that T's has been shut down as it owes money to the landlords? It apparently was renamed Tease as well? never been myself.
  • God Champs! yes... had my 19th birthday in there i think. Loved it down there. and Drovers and Gin Palace, etc etc.

all of these are closed now?
  • Laserdrome in Peckham. An edgy mix of danger and excitement - just what you love as a young man.
  • cinderellas in croydon was always a good crack
  • Gin Palace was great, though slightly unnerving walking through metal detectors to get into the place !

The quality of female was always of a high standard in Bon Bonnee's
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Zens.....
    Ha ha, thats me all over.

As an aside, when does the snow in The Venue start?

"i don't want a lot for Christmas, there is just one thing i need..."
  • T's was an old favourite for years , Zens did a fair bit as well

Dorringtons once ... stars now and again if we were desperate

and if the rest of the world was shut then possibly only if hammered , the venue
  • Sponsored links:

• I use to always love the last dance!Move closer!lol
  • Oh god yeah bon bonnies how could i forget that one !
  • The erection section at the end of the night at T's was always a winner
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    The quality of female was always of a high standard in Bon Bonnee's

Remember the old school cheesy DJ with the silver jacket who had his decks round the wrong way and so was always the dancefloor side just standing there? Bizarre!

Also, the beer used to come in pinapple jugs - harder to smash apparently!
  • Spooks Woolwich
    Flamingos Woolwich
    Stars Greenwich
    Futures Deptford
    Benjis Mile End
    Zens Dartford
    T's Erith
    Gin Palace Old Kent Road
    Frog and Night gown Old Kent Road
    Scribbles Old Kent Road
    Even had a 6 month spell going down to Hollywoods in Southend!!

Good Days!
  • edited November 2007
    stars how could i forget that place
  • Used to be Zens on a Thursday, T's on a Friday, Bonne's / Gin Palace / Flaming Joes or Bridewells on a Saturday.

Happy days !
  • Flamingos was always good for a late drink on a Friday. Went to Langtrees in Beckenham a few times as well.

Anyone remember Goochies, which was next to The Falcon in Falconwood?
  • Cheeks - Deptford
    Kentish Drovers - OKR (Not strictly a nightclub but open 'til 2am)
    Henry Cooper - OKR (As above)
    Dr Jims - Croydon

To name but a few...

Back in the late 70's and early 80's there was a lot of violence at night clubs. Cheeks was owned by Harry Starbuck and there was a murder there one night so I topped going there after that. Knew the brother of the fella who got murdered coz he used to attend Charlton matches in those days.

Stopped going to the Kentish Drovers when a gang of eight blokes turned up with Baseball bats and proceeded to bash seven shades out of the owner and doormen.

Stopped going to the Henry Cooper when I witnessed the doormen beating seven shades out of this poor fella who accidently knocked into one of them on the way into the place. Not very pleasant. The ironic thing is I knew one of the doormen in question and when he was away from that environment, he was a really nice fella.
  • bon bonnies - god i love that place! so many memories... got barred from there once. completely by mistake obviously.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Zens.....
    Ha ha, thats me all over.

As an aside, when does the snow in The Venue start?

"i don't want a lot for Christmas, there is just one thing i need..."

I'm hoping for next friday!
  • Goochies ha happy days
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Never went to Daniels or Flamingos or Sinatras.
    Strictly T's or Flicks being a bexleyheath girl.
    Think i went to Spooks in Woolwich once.
    Used to go to Southsides in Clapham a lot... think thats what it was called. 15 quid and as much drink as you can handle... binge drinkers today? pah.

I used to go to Flicks.....I thought your face was familiar....;-)

Stage 3 on Sheppey was another regualr venue..
  • Cheeks in deptford , hmmm think i may have had a night in there with stop shouting
  • Hollywoods sarfend ! good laugh that and TOTS of course plus the circus tavern

Anyone ever go the hilltop in westkingsdown ?
  • and of course we are all for getting Hickerys not quite south london but border line
  • Mostly used to travel up to North London, 'cos that's where the Rockabilly clubs were, couldn't stand the Sinatras/Cinderellas/Bon Bonnie type places.

The Underground in Croydon was good when they used to have a real mixture of bands and the DJ would play all kinds of music, not just Disco Dolly crap
  • used to go flamingos but it was called fusion nearly every friday night about 5 years ago. always seemed to go off in there.

and i seem to remember a club in dartford think it was called 3d club or something.
  • j arthurs catford was another one
  • [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Hollywoods sarfend ! good laugh that and TOTS of course plus the circus tavern

Anyone ever go the hilltop in westkingsdown ?

was in tots last night, is now called talk was doctors and nurses night class. but at 1.50 a pint you cant moan but am feeling it today.