Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We are in the bottom 3 for a reason

Because the current squad is not good enough so i can understand what Roland is trying to do and thats to keep us the feck up.

Comments

• I think the lack of a natural striker was the main issue and a poor right sided player. That's what put us in this position.
    By bringing loads of players who are unheard of and untested to come and play for Charlton.
    How do you know this combination of players will help the current squad with morale in the dressing room?
  • Well we actually dropped into the bottom 3 because we were playing an FA Cup 4th round game when the teams around us picked up points, actually.
  • cafctom said:

Well we actually dropped into the bottom 3 because we were playing an FA Cup 4th round game when the teams around us picked up points, actually.

And we stayed there due to getting done 3-0 by a relegation rival.

• edited January 2014
    @scabbyhorse exactly, the current squad weren't doing the business, no room for sentiment - if the wholesale changes currently being made see us finish mid-table then all will be forgotton and everyone will be happy, if we get worse and subsequently go down, then that's the time to moan....until then, who knows, lets just enjoy the ride and get behind the 11 on the pitch (whoever they may be!!!)
  • Because the current squad is not good enough so i can understand what Roland is trying to do and thats to keep us the feck up.

I agree that the current squad has not been good enough, but selling your best players in that squad and replacing them with young relatively untested players at the end of a transfer window when we have loads of important games coming up and they have not had time to work together, does not fill me with confidence.
  • I do not but who does, all i know and its a FACT is that we are currently in the relegation zone. If we avoid relegation everyone will be singing Rolands praises so lets just wait to MAY.
  • Havent agreed with any of the comments made by @Scabbyhorse in the past but I agree with these two.

As I said on the Season-Ticket thread I dont care what Division Charlton are in as I'll always go and watch them but it doesnt mean I want to see us getting relegated again
  • The current squad isn't good enough, it certainly would have benefited from a handful of quality additions.
    Don't see how dismantling it overnight, selling players against the managers will, buying/loaning players in with apparently little input from the manager will help though. No idea what Roland's motives are (although I suspect they are very different from ours) but it looks like a total shambles from where I'm standing.
  • Because the current squad is not good enough so i can understand what Roland is trying to do and thats to keep us the feck up.

yep thats it........nothing more here to say really.

• Dale stephens 84 games 10 goals in the league

Yann kerm 89 games 29 goals in the league

Bare in mind that a third were in league one i dont know what everyones complaining about
  • Sponsored links:

• The current team doesn't create enough chances for us to score goals to be honest and that is why we are in the bottom three you don't win matches unless you score. Certainly this season has shown that we lack any strength in depth and not much quality. I suppose the bright spot is Wiggins signing and hopefully Yann stays with the Stephens money available (according to the BBC web site) then a decent attacking midfielder is an absolute must.
  • Dont people who keep screaming for strikers ever ask themselves why those strikers who leave us seem to do better elsewhere. We need creative midfield players in the Reid, Murphy mould. Church gets slaughtered because he misses the one or sometimes even two chances he gets in a game. Bent would however score two of the five chances he had. I appreciate we might be talking different divisions etc, but even Smith has scored 3 in 2 for Swindon.
  • I do not but who does, all i know and its a FACT is that we are currently in the relegation zone. If we avoid relegation everyone will be singing Rolands praises so lets just wait to MAY.

We will be relagated in march at this rate

• would admin and a 10 point deduction be so bad ??? .. I give you Southampton as one example of a Phoenix like rebirth
  • would admin and a 10 point deduction be so bad ??? .. I give you Southampton as one example of a Phoenix like rebirth

or it goes the way of Portsmouth

I agree that the current squad has not been good enough, but selling your best players in that squad and replacing them with young relatively untested players at the end of a transfer window when we have loads of important games coming up and they have not had time to work together, ...
    is staggering funking idiocy
    when this dog and pony show limps tamely into 3rd division with crowds under 10,000 and a UN patchwork squad who'd struggle to get a draw against Hyde the belgian buffoon will drop charlton like a broken toy

I agree that the current squad has not been good enough, but selling your best players in that squad and replacing them with young relatively untested players at the end of a transfer window when we have loads of important games coming up and they have not had time to work together, ...
    is staggering funking idiocy
    when this dog and pony show limps tamely into 3rd division with crowds under 10,000 and a UN patchwork squad who'd struggle to get a draw against Hyde the belgian buffoon will drop charlton like a broken toy

let's hope that you're 100% wrong
  • Although I appreciate that things needed to change and RD would see our team as needing to improve and change to stay up, I wouldn't say getting rid of our 1st choice keeper, striker, and midfielder would be my first choice in doing that. However, lets see how the new guys get on before we shit all over the decisions.