Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Danny Hollands

Showed promise in league 1 but never got to grips with the championship. Maybe because he wasn't good enough or maybe because he was injured during the summer of 2012 and never got fully fit. He didn't link well with Stephens but now Stephens has gone is he worth another go?

I would play him in the cup and play him with cousins just to try him

Comments

• See I thought that when he played in L1 with Stephens, it pushed Stephens forward and he ended up scoring more goals.
  • Unfortunately Danny is not quick enough for championship football. In league one he will be fine. Thanks for the memories that it's time for all to move on
  • Swisdom said:

Unfortunately Danny is not quick enough for championship football. In league one he will be fine. Thanks for the memories that it's time for all to move on

But would playing alongside cousins compensate for this?
  • He used to be attacking but couldn't since he didn't play next to holding players. Now we have cousins I think he could work out. Give him a go.
  • He was at his best alongside Hughes. Never understand why he has never been given a chance. Most of the midfielders last season including Stephens struggled with the championship
  • Regardless of a replacement for Stevo by tomorrow, I'd rather see him at Wigan than JJ who I'd like to see shipped out on a high. He won't be with us next year. May even get a fee.
  • He had an injury last pre season which set him back imo, started the season poorly and never recovered.

Also Powell was not pleased when he asked for a loan last winter shortly after he was dropped.
  • The forgotten man. Shame as he was one of my favourite players from the L1 winning side.

I agree. Don't see why I couldn't yet come good with us in the FLC. I hope he gets another chance.

• Just too slow in possession at this level for me, shame really I really thought he'd make the step up
  • Sponsored links:

• A huge mystery to me, looked class in L1 and scored crucial goals but has never really been given a proper chance in the Championship.

I would far rather see him in the team that some loanee mercenary like Frimpong.
  • I hope he's given a chance - definitely a good player in there somewhere! That diving header in league 1 was fantastic
  • I also think it's weird. He was far stronger in League One than many, in fact I think quite a few thought he was our most solid midfielder. Would like to see him have another go.
  • If he is truly fit he should be given a chance ahead of Jackson, who appears to be a Manager's favourite. Hollands had some good games towards the end of last season.
  • Prefer him to JJ or AA but perhaps Poyet holding and Cousins using his mobility and vision further forward than usual.
  • Prefer him to JJ or AA but perhaps Poyet holding and Cousins using his mobility and vision further forward than usual.

I would like poyet to be given game time but that would mean two teenagers in the middle for a relegation battle
  • Interesting if fit and faster than last season. Sad if fit and still slow.

Would love him to come good.
  • Thought he was solid in L1, whilst not particulary shining. But then Stephens got injured and DH was pushed into a more advanced role and we saw a much more effective player. Don't think he played at his best when paired with Stephens. Everyone seems to put so much emphasis on speed, yet making intellegent, well timed runs into the right areas can be just as (if not more) effective. I'm not sure whether or not he can do it in this division or not, but can think of worse ideas..............................
  • are you lot forgetting the championship games where he went missing totally in games and was so scared to receive a pass and hid almost behind opposition players the worst from memory was Watford at home (I think)

the bloke is not championship quality send him out tomoz and move on
  • are you lot forgetting the championship games where he went missing totally in games and was so scared to receive a pass and hid almost behind opposition players the worst from memory was Watford at home (I think)

the bloke is not championship quality send him out tomoz and move on

Move on with who? With Powell looking to send Cook, Gower and Pritchard out on loan, we'll be left with 0 cover in any position across the midfield.
  • Sponsored links:

• same as yesterday SELR when everyone was saying we have no strikers , Dale will be replaced with better than we had and have I don't doubt at all

by COP tomorrow I honestly feel we will all be happy ,

we have goochi, we look like we are getting polish Peter , if we can get the Nantes striker as well then it will be mental

I reckon the same will happen when the bell rings at 11pm for our midfield
  • Hope you're right! The lack of rumours surrounding midfielders is a tad concerning but we hadn't heard of any strikers barring one before today either.
  • Looked the shadow of the player we saw in the promotion season the following year.

I've often wondered if the birth of his triplets hindered him somewhat . Can't have been easy bringing three babies up at once with no family nearby.
  • buckshee said:

Looked the shadow of the player we saw in the promotion season the following year.

I've often wondered if the birth of his triplets hindered him somewhat . Can't have been easy bringing three babies up at once with no family nearby.

Quite possible, we had newborn twins and a 16 month-old back in July 2006 and I am still fucked now!
  • buckshee said:

Looked the shadow of the player we saw in the promotion season the following year.

Quite possible, we had newborn twins and a 16 month-old back in July 2006 and I am still fucked now!
    Same here with the twins. That's what made me think that. We were on his table at the sponsors dinner in the promotion season and he looked tired. Told us that neither of their family's were nearby to help regularly , can't have been easy.

• Not good enough for the second tier. Time for both club and player to move on.

Important part of promotion team. Thanks.
  • Blast from the past, just scored an absolute screamer for Eastleigh https://streamable.com/3izzo
  • Wonder if the stuff about Dale being replaced with something better has stood the test of time? 
  • To be fair they both went north