Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Wall: New Charlton Life: Forum Feature

No, nothing to do with the knuckledraggers. It's a comment Wall.

Whilst I work to iron out some of the bugs we've been having with the server, here's a new little feature that I hope you all will find fun and useful.

What is it
The Wall is a place where you can leave messages for registered community members and they for you. Trendy Facebook users will recognise the concept. Say hello or ask a question, thank someone for something, whatever you like just leave a comment on the Wall on a member's Account page. To return the compliment, they may do the same on yours.

How to Use it
Go to your account page and you'll see, on the right hand side, the heading "Wall", where messages will be left for you. Every member has the option to enable their wall (or leave it off). To enable your Wall for comments, go to your Account page and choose Forum Preferences from the Account Options heading in the Control Panel on the left hand side of the screen. Enable your Wall for comments by selecting the appropriate option.

You won't be notified when a message is left on your Wall (I'm working on it), so you'll have to keep checking regularly.

You can edit comments you've left and delete comments on your wall that you don't want there (as can Admin).

Enjoy!

Comments

• edited November 2007
    bloody facebook is taking over the world.. :>)
  • It all sounds a bit 21st Century to me.

It's all right for you youngsters but will old gits & technophobes cope with it? ;o)
  • what's wrong with bloody whispering
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]what's wrong with bloody whispering
    I agree but maybe not as strongly as Ledge. ;-)

Rather not over complicate the board surely? It works fine how it is. The only change i would make would be to make notifications of whispered discussion on the top of the main page.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]It all sounds a bit 21st Century to me.

It's all right for you youngsters but will old gits & technophobes cope with it? ;o)

I'm with you Oggy!
  • edited November 2007
    LOL! Oh peeps, I forgot most of you log on from the care home! But I expected more of you WSS. Surely you'd have to welcome a place where your fans and doting admirers can leave you messages and love letters by the thousands!!!

I should have been clearer. This is nothing like Whispers really. Whisper's are for Private messages. The comment Wall is for public messages. "Big ups", "shout outs" and all that young people's jazz are just one way it can be used. You can leave a message about what it is you're doing right now, or later for instance, and have people reply etc. The oldie goldie's can use it to reminisce about the "glory days" or leave messages for your nurse if you like. It's one of the ways I thought would make the Account page more useful and fun. I actually hate facebook with a passion, but thought this was a fun way to personalise the Account page. There are other things on the way. I'm not convincing you am I?

If you don't want to use it, leave it turned off and forget it's there. But mark my words, once this catches on... (LOL yeah right! *Goes back to drawing board shaking head*)
  • [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]LOL! Oh peeps, I forgot most of you log on from the care home! But I expected more of you WSS. Surely you'd have to welcome a place where your fans and doting admirers can leave you messages and love letters by the thousands!!!

I should have been clearer. This is nothing like Whispers really. Whisper's are for Private messages. The comment Wall is for public messages. "Big ups", "shout outs" and all that young people's jazz are just one way it can be used. You can leave a message about what it is you're doing right now, or later for instance, and have people reply etc. The oldie goldie's can use it to reminisce about the "glory days" or leave messages for your nurse if you like. It's one of the ways I thought would make the Account page more useful and fun. I actually hate facebook with a passion, but thought this was a fun way to personalise the Account page. There are other things on the way. I'm not convincing you am I?

If you don't want to use it, leave it turned off and forget it's there. But mark my words, once this catches on...(LOL yeah right! *Goes back to drawing board shaking head*)

My daughter says you can poke people on facebook.

I'd like a poking facility Lookie ! :-)
  • 'Super Poke' is even better... let's me trout slap Suzisausage ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]'Super Poke' is even better... let's me trout slap Suzisausage ;-)

I'm surprised your Wife continues to let you go on there with all this dry-humping you do of everyone, including men!
  • That was a mistake, honestly!

I'm disappointed with the 'tea-bag' option...
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]That was a mistake, honestly!

I'm disappointed with the 'tea-bag' option...

Can you stop doing that please. And the dry humping. Does nothing for my mojo.
  • Suggestion for a new forum feature... 

Could we get a list of Admin to the side of the screen and which are online? It could stop people mindlessly tagging @admin :lol: