Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***The Takeover thread mk. 3.0 (IT"S NOT DONE - BUT YOU HAVE BEEN!!!)***

Comments

• lets hope this brings a freshness to all at the club.
  • I'll believe it when it's on the os
  • Welcome LE DUDE AT CHARLTON
  • I thought Kevin Nolan did all the Valley tours.

He's suspended after yesterday's red card! ;-)

Have to hope that it's great news if the deal has been done. We need to understand quickly what M. Duchatelet's intentions are, as we would for any owner, but it was obvious that TJ/MS/KC could no longer fund us as a going concern so we have some breathing space and hopefully some funding for CP to strengthen this month.
  • Rich Cawley indicating the deal is done
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 30s

Believe that Roland Duchatelet is in country now. Got a number of things on his to-do list. Not least contracts of staff and players.
  • WE WANT MESSI
  • Sponsored links:

• WE WANT MESSI

If it's true you might have to lower your expectations ever so slightly as he would cost around 20% of his net worth...
  • Muscles, chips and leffe at half time then!
  • WE WANT MESSI

That might be setting our sights too high...how about Mata as he's out of favour and Chelsea don't want him to join another prem team ;-)
  • And breathe ....

Hope that the gaffer is happy with what this takeover may herald.

Input of cash for strengthening the squad plus a couple in maybe from SL at the very least ...

AND some serious talking about those pesky contracts !

Welcome aboard, mes amis !
  • My life is now complete. I have nothing else left to live for, what thread am I going to religiously check up on now?
  • SMASHING !
  • can those in the know now tell us what they knew
  • Dear Roland , is it really happening? .....
  • My life is now complete. I have nothing else left to live for, what thread am I going to religiously check up on now?

Transfers Thread.

• Sponsored links:

• Roland you beauty!!!!!!!!

Cracking out the Jameson's!!!
  • Reality can be dealt with tomorrow. Tonight i'll settle for the big smile on my face.
  • TelMc32 said:

I thought Kevin Nolan did all the Valley tours.

He's suspended after yesterday's red card! ;-)

Have to hope that it's great news if the deal has been done. We need to understand quickly what M. Duchatelet's intentions are, as we would for any owner, but it was obvious that TJ/MS/KC could no longer fund us as a going concern so we have some breathing space and hopefully some funding for CP to strengthen this month.
    Ha. Jimenez/Slater have come & gone & we still don't know what there intentions were :-)
  • Get in, It has to be better than Slater and Jiminez...
  • I want to have a little run around the house but I can't til I see it on the OS
  • LuckyReds said:

I don't want to be that guy, the one who pisses on a parade. And generally I'm quite the optimist if you read my posts.

But I felt so excited when I saw those tweets from RC and the SLP.

Then I saw these quotes from Powell, apparently lifted from CAFC Player - and honestly? Not sure I care anywhere near as much as I did 5 minutes ago.

Until I know CP has a new contract then I can't say I'll be celebrating too much.

'What will be will be, I have a love and passion for this club there can be no doubt about that, I love managing this club'

'I like managing and I want to manage here but we've got to see what the future holds,'

'I want my players sorted, I want my staff sorted, and whatever happens with me happens'

Sorry to pee on your chips guys.

Jesus mate, give Roland a chance!
  • I refer you all back to the observations made by the Belgian geezer - none of which seemed particularly like this guy was good news. If I were you lot, I'd reserve judgement for at least a few months to see how the land lies. I'm not convinced that this takeover is in the best interests of Charlton Athletic.
  • Essex_Al said:

LuckyReds said:

I don't want to be that guy, the one who pisses on a parade. And generally I'm quite the optimist if you read my posts.

But I felt so excited when I saw those tweets from RC and the SLP.

Then I saw these quotes from Powell, apparently lifted from CAFC Player - and honestly? Not sure I care anywhere near as much as I did 5 minutes ago.

Until I know CP has a new contract then I can't say I'll be celebrating too much.

'What will be will be, I have a love and passion for this club there can be no doubt about that, I love managing this club'

'I like managing and I want to manage here but we've got to see what the future holds,'

'I want my players sorted, I want my staff sorted, and whatever happens with me happens'

Sorry to pee on your chips guys.

Jesus mate, give Roland a chance!
    Haha yeh, maybe I have jumped the gun a little.

Just hoping CP doesn't know something extra. Other than that, crack out the champers!
  • If its done then thanks to ms and tj for leaving us in a better position than when you found us.

oooooooo controversial :D