Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Malky Mackay - Sacked

Malky Mackay: Cardiff City sack manager

Malky Mackay has been sacked as manager by Cardiff City after a meeting of the club's board of directors.
The club says a new first team manager will be appointed in due course.

Comments

• Millwall nailed on ;0)
  • edited December 2013
    Who would be mad enough to take that job on?

• Malky Mackay: Cardiff City sack manager

Malky Mackay has been sacked as manager by Cardiff City after a meeting of the club's board of directors.
    The club says a new first team manager will be appointed in due course.

What's the betting the next manger to go will be Chris Hughton?
  • edited December 2013
    Fair chance I would say. Five of the bottom six have removed their managers and Big Sam at West Ham is as likely to get them out of trouble as anyone else. I would imagine that Lambert could be in trouble should they fail to win at home to Swansea and then lose at Sunderland too.

Eleven of the twenty Premier League clubs have parted with their managers since May. Staggering!
  • Big Sam can't have too long. one or two more defeats then it's curtains i would say.
  • You could be right Beds. I've just checked their next two fixtures and they have West Brom at home and Fulham away.

Norwich have Man Utd at home then Palace away. Lose both of those and they are right in the mix.

It's weird as both ends of the Premier League are more exciting this year than I can remember.
  • Big Sam can't have too long. one or two more defeats then it's curtains i would say.

A few weeks ago listening to a radio show And they said West Ham would be mad to get rid of Allardyce because he guarantees premiership football.....
  • Swisdom said:

Big Sam can't have too long. one or two more defeats then it's curtains i would say.

A few weeks ago listening to a radio show And they said West Ham would be mad to get rid of Allardyce because he guarantees premiership football.....
    I have to say that I think he is better than any alternative and I heard the Chairman (well one of them) saying that they wouldn't sack him under any circumstances, and I'd also back him to get them back up, if necessary, but none of them want to be relegated.
  • As a result of that:

Wenger has been in charge of Arsenal for 17 years 87 days - all other PL managers have been in charge for combined total of 17 years 227 days.
  • As a result of that:

Wenger has been in charge of Arsenal for 17 years 87 days - all other PL managers have been in charge for combined total of 17 years 227 days.

But look where that's got them ;0)

• Sponsored links:

• Spanish said:

Makes me think twice if we want one of these money rich chairmen with no identity or connection to the club. You've got one sacking Mackay after a pretty good effort in the first place and changing the home kit colour and another wanting to change the name of the team. Be careful what you wish for....

Football really has gone absolutely mental.
  • It is sad - the chairman of Cardiff has purchased a toy for himself- the history and identity of the club means nothing to him. It is times like this that makes you sad about the money in the game and how it is run. Oh for the seventies when a manager like Brian Clough can turn a small club into European Champions.

Sadly we will never see that happen again.
  • It is sad - the chairman of Cardiff has purchased a toy for himself- the history and identity of the club means nothing to him. It is times like this that makes you sad about the money in the game and how it is run. Oh for the seventies when a manager like Brian Clough could turn a small club into European Champions. Now Money rules - it is stealing our game and soon it will have all of it - if it hasn't already.

Agree 100% Muttley.
  • Mackay too good for Millwall......I hope.
  • edited December 2013
    What used to happen, was the fans wanted a manager out - and eventually he'd be sacked - now they want him to stay and the owner sacks him anyway! Fans will realise that it isn't their club anymore and then there will be an exodus I'm afraid.
  • Makes you appreciate what little we have!
  • Good post, SHG.

Remembering the fantastic atmosphere & their ecstatic fans when we played them at the end of last season. MM was their God that night & rightly so.

Not saying that he was as revered as SCP is here, but a hero none the less who had taken them to the Land of Milk & Money which they were set to enjoy together....

Really feel for the fans that played their part in the promotion season but also for a decent man who has now been thrown onto the ever growing Premiership scrap heap.

Madness.

• Sponsored links:

• edited December 2013

Posted from the other thread

Cardiff are a train crash waiting to happen. The manager tells you (the owner) that you need some reinforcements to avoid the big drop. You pay him to make those judgements because you know feck all about football but you decide you know best and tell him to back down or face the sack. He does the correct thing and sticks to his guns because he is the football manager so you sack him. This is all on the back of selling the clubs soul because you are a complete fecking idiot that cares nothing for tradition, fans or football. If ever a chairman deserves to lose his money this man is my choice. Everything that is bad about football is at Cardiff City. Red Dragons my arse. Feel sorry for the fans.

Very good post SHG. I hope they get relegated now because of him, not their fans!
  • I think the real worry for Mr Tan should now be that who in thier right mind would now be willing to take the job, knowing that they will not be valued at all by the chairman!
  • Malky will be West Brom in nthe next 48 hours.
  • Talking to a Cardiff supporting mate,he doesn't think Tan actually has any money,its all been done on the spending money they haven't got yet.The man seems clueless!
  • richie8 said:

Talking to a Cardiff supporting mate,he doesn't think Tan actually has any money,its all been done on the spending money they haven't got yet.The man seems clueless!

That sounds familiar
  • A lot has been said about his bad treatment in the press, on here, in the pubs etc, although he apparently did overspend Vs budget... I am sure many people (in the real world) are sacked / disciplined for similar.
  • Good post, SHG.

Remembering the fantastic atmosphere & their ecstatic fans when we played them at the end of last season. MM was their God that night & rightly so.

Not saying that he was as revered as SCP is here, but a hero none the less who had taken them to the Land of Milk & Money which they were set to enjoy together....

Really feel for the fans that played their part in the promotion season but also for a decent man who has now been thrown onto the ever growing Premiership scrap heap.

Madness.

I am a bit hesitant about the Cardiff fans though. I don't know a single one, and am only going on what I read ( and the Swansea Trust guys, who are obviously biased!), but I think quite a few of them were more than happy to embrace the Tan regime and all that went with it. When you see them at home on the box, there are an impressive number of blue shirts in the crowd, but also an awful lot of red ones. Were there not also some fans calling for Mackay's head after the 5-4?

Inevitable, I suppose.

• Sad news, I wish him well.
    As usual I despair sometimes at the shortism disease that effects football.
  • How tall is he?
  • Clarke, Mackay and maybe Hughton and Allardyce. Sad that of the very few Brits managing in the Prem so many of them have fallen or are teetering on the brink. Not only does it seem tougher for them to get the top jobs, but they also seem to get the push pretty easily.

Sad for Malky Mackay but he'll be back. Sad for all the decent Cardiff fans too - but without their owners money they wouldn't have got into the Prem in the first place - better to limp along in the lower leagues and keep your soul, or take the megalomania that seems to come with the money. Tough choice.