Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NEW ARTICLE: 'Alternative' Back to The Valley Dinner Announced

Hot on the heels of last Sunday’s successful Back to the Valley dinner, the club have quickly announced a follow-up celebration to head off growing criticism the event was unfairly aimed at affluent fans. Whilst the £45 a head dinner was a roaring success and sold out event, many poorer supporters felt they had been prejudiced in their inability to celebrate the Valley Return.

Charlton’s Chief Parking Officer Ben Pencil said “What has shone through since the first day I joined was how this is truly a community club, supported throughout by all levels of the community. Whilst we appreciate those with a solid disposable income, we equally should not forgot those in the community who are, lets face it, a bit poor, or carry an expensive drug or drinking habit”

“Naturally, we will have to market this one a bit differently, but we are equally determined to make this one just as a successful event and hopefully give the workshy and destitute chavs at least one thing to look forward to this Christmas.”

Preparations for ‘Boo To The Valley – 21 and a Bit Years of Shite’ are well underway. Already a number of ex-players who eagerly signed up to the what is expected to be a fun-packed event which will be given a game show feel. The event will kick off with popular ex-Charlton star Paddy McCarthy hosting a live version of Take Me Out where 20 ex-players, including former stars Amdy Faye, Djimi Traore, Paul Sturgess, Mike Small, Talal El Khalej, Omar Pouso, Mikel Alonso, Brendan O'Connell and Kevin Lisbie, will audition for a new 1-year contract. The audience will be encouraged to offer their assistance with Paddy’s popular catchphrase ‘No Likey, You’re Shitey’

Two former stars will be hosting the evening. Mike Salmon has readily agreed to spend the first half of the evening giving the Charlton fans the finger, whilst Paul 'Willo' Williams will spend the second half of the evening giving Charlton fans the w***er sign whilst wearing a Palace shirt.

Following a three-course meal exclusively selected from Iceland’s celebration range, the fun continues through the second half of the evening.

“You’re Boo-tiful” will be a cup style boo-off, with Kim Grant taking on Jermain Defoe in the first semi-final, and Darren Pitcher versus Marcus Bent in the other.

The big screen will then become the focus for an exclusive episode of Celebrity Cribs, where Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink walks us round the luxury mansion that not scoring goals financed, and this will be followed by an episode of Murphy’s Law, where Danny and his wife Joanna 'lay down the law' on why, as a premiere-visiting celebrity couple, they were too big and famous for little old Charlton.

‘Beauty and the Beast’ will bring the fun-filled evening to a close where Alan Pardew and Iain Dowie take part in a lively Q+A session which is expected to see everyone blamed but themselves.

Tickets for ‘Boo To The Valley – 21 and a Bit Years of Shite’ are expected to sell fast, and can be acquired by sending cash or a blank cheque to Mr S Jones, Proper Essex.

Comments

• Something light-hearted to end the week. Nice weekend everyone.

COME ON YOU REDS !!
  • Great stuff AFKA, have a good one yourself.
  • Pitcher was booooo'd when he entered at the "real" dinner lol
  • Why can i not report this thread? :p
  • Great stuff ...where do we get the tickets?
  • edited December 2013
    Double post
  • Looking forward to the photos of this event.
  • Where, when & how much ?
    And, is there a veggie option ?
  • this has to happen!

I'm willing to knock the booze and drugs on the head for a whole week to afford to go to this.

Hot on the heels of last Sunday’s successful Back to the Valley dinner, the club have quickly announced a follow-up celebration to head off growing criticism the event was unfairly aimed at affluent fans. Whilst the £45 a head dinner was a roaring success and sold out event, many poorer supporters felt they had been prejudiced in their inability to celebrate the Valley Return.

Charlton’s Chief Parking Officer Ben Pencil said “What has shone through since the first day I joined was how this is truly a community club, supported throughout by all levels of the community. Whilst we appreciate those with a solid disposable income, we equally should not forgot those in the community who are, lets face it, a bit poor, or carry an expensive drug or drinking habit”

“Naturally, we will have to market this one a bit differently, but we are equally determined to make this one just as a successful event and hopefully give the workshy and destitute chavs at least one thing to look forward to this Christmas.”

Preparations for ‘Boo To The Valley – 21 and a Bit Years of Shite’ are well underway. Already a number of ex-players who eagerly signed up to the what is expected to be a fun-packed event which will be given a game show feel. The event will kick off with popular ex-Charlton star Paddy McCarthy hosting a live version of Take Me Out where 20 ex-players, including former stars Amdy Faye, Djimi Traore, Paul Sturgess, Mike Small, Talal El Khalej, Omar Pouso, Mikel Alonso, Brendan O'Connell and Kevin Lisbie, will audition for a new 1-year contract. The audience will be encouraged to offer their assistance with Paddy’s popular catchphrase ‘No Likey, You’re Shitey’

Two former stars will be hosting the evening. Mike Salmon has readily agreed to spend the first half of the evening giving the Charlton fans the finger, whilst Paul 'Willo' Williams will spend the second half of the evening giving Charlton fans the w***er sign whilst wearing a Palace shirt.

Following a three-course meal exclusively selected from Iceland’s celebration range, the fun continues through the second half of the evening.

“You’re Boo-tiful” will be a cup style boo-off, with Kim Grant taking on Jermain Defoe in the first semi-final, and Darren Pitcher versus Marcus Bent in the other.

The big screen will then become the focus for an exclusive episode of Celebrity Cribs, where Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink walks us round the luxury mansion that not scoring goals financed, and this will be followed by an episode of Murphy’s Law, where Danny and his wife Joanna 'lay down the law' on why, as a premiere-visiting celebrity couple, they were too big and famous for little old Charlton.

‘Beauty and the Beast’ will bring the fun-filled evening to a close where Alan Pardew and Iain Dowie take part in a lively Q+A session which is expected to see everyone blamed but themselves.

Tickets for ‘Boo To The Valley – 21 and a Bit Years of Shite’ are expected to sell fast, and can be acquired by sending cash or a blank cheque to Mr S Jones, Proper Essex.

Has anyone contacted Cory Gibbs yet to see if he is Available
  • Sponsored links:

Has anyone contacted Cory Gibbs yet to see if he is Available
    he never existed
  • I was really keen until I realised the legends Mcoxo and Francis were not going to be there so its a no from me thanks.
  • Brilliant stuff. Scary just how many ex-players would fit right in to a gathering of the lazy and useless.
  • Is there a raffle , i do love a raffle.
  • You lost me when you insulted Kevin Lisbie. Outside AFKA
  • Will all 500 guests have to queue for a single beer tap? If so, I'm in.
  • Goodonya AFKA. I'm on the way from Oz
  • Is there a raffle , i do love a raffle.

meat raffle I hope
  • I bet you £50 the Sodje's don't turn up
  • Ralph Milne on the piano
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

I bet you £50 the Sodje's don't turn up

For a hundred quid they'll guarantee to be thrown out before the main course

• Swisdom said:

I bet you £50 the Sodje's don't turn up

Maybe you should book them, they will be there in a flash.

• Will Scott Parker bring along his Wife's whole family, having claimed that he had to join Chelsea because he had them all to support ?
  • Are you inviting Moot? Heard he liked older women