Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Yeovil away - Travel and Tickets thread

Charlton Ticket News ‏@CAFCTickets
SALES UPDATE: Around 750 tickets sold for Yeovil. Last posting day today, tickets available from the Valley until 3pm tomorrow. #cafc

Comments

• edited December 2013
    http://www.footballgroundguide.com/yeovil_town/#Huish-Park-Yeovil-Pubs

"I was pleasantly surprised to find a large marquee outside of the ground, that had been set up as a make shift beer tent. There was a large sign outside the marquee which announced that 'Everyone Is Welcome!' Just a pity that wasn't quite correct as any away fans in colours were turned away at the entrance by a couple of burly looking bouncers. Some visiting fans did refer the bouncers to the said sign, but to no avail."

There are a couple of pubs within about 10-15 minutes walk of the ground; 'The Arrow' and 'The Airfield Tavern' (formerly 'Brewsters', which according to Stephen Pugsley also has a handy fish and chip shop next door called Palmers). Richard Reardon a visiting Carlisle fan adds; 'The Arrow is only 10-15 minutes walk away. The weather was excellent so most of our substantial following sat outside at a number of picnic tables. Not a wide choice of beers but one real ale available. Both sets of supporters mixed well and Sky TV. Police presence outside but it was all very friendly'. Rob Laight a visiting Birmingham City fan informs me; 'As we were early for the game we drove to the Arrow and parked in their large car park and then decided to leave our car there during the match. The Arrow is a great pub to visit, very friendly and the home supporters were easy to talk to. Incidentally, The Arrow serves excellent food at prices that were easily lower than any local chippy'.

To find this pub, from the ground car park, walk back up the road past the ground to the top of it and turn right. At the end of this road, turn left onto the main road and after a short distance take the first right. Go straight down this road through the new looking residential area and after about ten minutes of walking, you will see a clearing on your right and just beyond this there are some shops and the Arrow pub in the middle
  • edited December 2013
    http://www.footballgroundguide.com/yeovil_town/#Huish-Park-Yeovil-Nearest-Railway-Station

By Train
    Yeovil has two railway stations; Yeovil Junction and Pen Mill Junction. Both of these stations are located quite a distance from the ground, with Pen Mill Junction just under three miles away and Yeovil Junction almost five miles away. From both stations it is advised to get a taxi to the stadium or alternatively if you arrive at Yeovil Junction, then you can catch the ‘Hopper’ minibus to the bus station in the town centre. I have been informed that for night games taxis can be scarce at Yeovil Junction, so if you intend going by taxi to the ground it may be an idea to look up the number of a local taxi firm and pre-book one.
    John Midgley a visiting Huddersfield Town fan adds; 'Bus No.68 runs from both Yeovil Junction & Yeovil Pen Mill stations to the town centre. You can then take the regular First Traveller No.1 service (every 15 minutes), which drops you near the stadium at the Abbey Manor Park Housing Estate. The No.68 connects with the No.1 at the Lloyds TSB Bank, located on the town centre High Street (make sure you catch the No.1 with 'Abbey Manor Park' on the front). Just a few yards away from this changing point is the Mermaid pub which I can recommend for excellent food and beer. Anybody coming in by rail can buy a "Plus Bus" ticket with their rail ticket for an additional £2.80 which is valid on both the 68 and 1 services'. For bus timetables see the First Traveller website.
    Remember if travelling by train then you can normally save on the cost of fares by booking in advance. Visit the thetrainline website to see how much you can save.
  • Desperately need a win on Saturday. Sad state of affairs that Yeovil probably start favourites.

They looked like a pub team from the little I saw of them last season and I thought they would have no chance in the Championship but they seem to be finding their feet. Credit to their manager managing limited resources so effectively.

The contract situation won't help if we continue doing badly as players will just assume they won't be renewed. Very uncertain future at present...

• edited December 2013
  • edited December 2013
    By car:

The ground is located on the very outskirts of Yeovil and is signposted from the A303. Leave the A303 at the Cartgate roundabout and take the A3088 towards Yeovil. Follow the road for around four miles until you reach a roundabout on the outskirts of Yeovil with the Westlands Airfield directly in front of you. Turn left at this roundabout and then continue straight on, crossing a number of roundabouts. As you pass the entrance to an Asda superstore, take the next left for the ground, which can be seen from the road.

There is a fair sized car park at the ground (located behind the away end) which costs £2. However as can be expected, it can take quite sometime after the game has ended to exit. Otherwise there is plenty of street car parking to be had on the roads leading down to the ground. Tim Porter a visiting Torquay United fan informs me; 'make sure you arrive at the official car park, early in winter as otherwise you will end up in the overspill car park, which actually is a field which doesn't drain nearly as well as the pitch!' Richard Reardon adds; 'Getting away from the ground was a bit of nightmare as there is only one road out of the official car park. It took 35 minutes to travel the half mile to the Preston Road roundabout'.

Post Code for SAT NAV: BA22 8YF
  • They must vary the rules on the marquee. Been in twice including the infamous gale game
  • Let`s get some more support down there, this is a massive game now for us and the more support the better! 750 is good but could do with a thousand!
  • Charlton Ticket News ‏@CAFCTickets
    Tickets for Yeovil will be available on the day at Yeovil with a £2 increase for tickets except U16s. Valley Away still available £22 #cafc
  • Just got my tickets in the post and for some reason I'm in the screwfix stand rather than the terrace. Do you reckon I'd be able to swap them at their ticket office?
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:

Just got my tickets in the post and for some reason I'm in the screwfix stand rather than the terrace. Do you reckon I'd be able to swap them at their ticket office?

i have seats rather then terrace too. The stewards are fine down there so double check with them if you can move. I cant see it being a problem as we havent sold out. If you tried going the other way they would probably stop you though.
  • Croydon said:

Just got my tickets in the post and for some reason I'm in the screwfix stand rather than the terrace. Do you reckon I'd be able to swap them at their ticket office?

i have seats rather then terrace too. The stewards are fine down there so double check with them if you can move. I cant see it being a problem as we havent sold out. If you tried going the other way they would probably stop you though.
    Ah ok, cheers pal!

• Was offered either seats or behind the goal for the same price.

Can't go to a ground with a terrace without standing - at least there's no rain forecast!
  • Louis Mendez ‏@LouisMend 35m
    Warning #cafc fans, the marquee bar thing at Yeovil is not letting away fans in.