Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Donny | Post Match Views

Comments

• Great win well done boys
  • Onwards and upwards!
  • Great win!! Just wish church would stop missing the sitters!
  • Not sure if we were brilliant or they were rubbish, probably a bit of both!
    Really comfortable win, didn't seem to be troubled at all
  • Rovers are down
  • Got to say that I feel a bit sorry for Doncaster, 3-1 up in the first game and then lose the re-played fixture 2-0.

Tough to take that, especially if they go down by a couple of points.
  • Couldn't make the match tonight but it sounded like we should've been in double figures tonight on the chances we created
  • Great win, deserved and needed 3 points
  • Got to say that I feel a bit sorry for Doncaster, 3-1 up in the first game and then lose the re-played fixture 2-0.

Hehehehe...... Never mind ay ;)
  • Good performance, clean sheet, deserved win! If we can follow this up on Saturday then we are on our way. Nice gap between ourselves and bottom 3 now.
  • Sponsored links:

I dont want to drag up old arguments but you could very easily argue that it wasn't a level playing field. the goal we were defending was considerably more waterlogged.

Anywho, great win. Nice having it be a comfortable one too.
  • Seemed from Red's superb commentary that we created a lot of chances. I can deal with us missing chances if we create a lot to go with it. Sounded like Yann made a nuisance of himself as well. Let's hope we can build on this.

I dont want to drag up old arguments but you could very easily argue that it wasn't a level playing field. the goal we were defending was considerably more waterlogged.

Anywho, great win. Nice having it be a comfortable one too.
    Absolutely, I am not saying that the previous match should not have been called off - the conditions were awful - but they did also catch us on a day when we were a bit of a shambles anyway, we are much more solid now than we were earlier in the season.

in years to come that decision could be looked at as defining, if we would've lost that I reckon powell would've been fired and who knows what may have happened
  • Kerminator
  • A no nonsense 2-0 win. How refreshingly undramatic.

As others, I feel some sympathy for Doncaster. Particularly the poor sods who made both trips. Hope they stay up.

Agree. It was destined for them to a lose coming all that way on a Tuesday night after being 3-1 up.

The "3-1 and you f*cked it up" chant was very loud and funny though!

We have another goal of the season contender with that Stephens goal, stunning volley. Stewart almost cited another screamer but hit the bar.

Very good performance.

More later.
  • Can somebody who went tonight explain how the pitch looked and played.
  • Pitch was as good as it's been all season & we ran them stupid. Always knew we're a passing team :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks Leuth. I was worried after the Leeds match that the pitch was not going to last the season.
  • How many games has it taken for Powell to realise that Stewart is a right winger?
  • Another good performance under the belt from Cousins. Don't like Jacko on the left, but Stephens/Cousins continues to look good.

Solid game from Alnick.

Full backs worked very hard. CBs strong.

Thank God Church's shot went in. He could've had 3 or 4. Still not convinced, but well done to him tonight.

Liked the look of their no. 7 and Macheda. Turnball also kept it respectable for them.
  • Should have scored a lot more - we were very comfortable. Stewart looked very dangerous and deserved a goal.
    Funniest moment was Church tripping himself up when he should have scored.
    Cracking goal from Dale. We look far better when we pass the ball around.
  • Stephens apart from the goal was fantastic, the rest good also . Need a striker though if Church takes 4 attempts to score 1.

Donny poor.
  • Was feeling sorry for them then thought..."Paul Dicov" and suddenly all was right again.
  • Nice to get a home win and want to say it was because we were fantastic, but Doncaster...seriously they were dire. Dreadful. No way can they stay up on that evidence. Nice to see Church score, no more than he deserved.
  • Not trying to get ahead of myself but what a great performance almost as good as Leicester at home, Lets see more of that on Saturday
  • Leuth said:

Pitch was as good as it's been all season

Personally I thought the pitch looked pretty terrible in places, especially on the left (looking from the North Stand) around the halfway line.