Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

worse gig you've ever been to but who you expected to be good?

Comments

• Options
    Pink Floyd - The Wall gigs
  • Options
    Smashing Pumpkins - Wembley, around 1996. Seen them loads of times before and they were great - especially the three nights in a row at the Astoria just after Siamese Dream was released and before they got really big. They were awful - in hindsight, that was around the time Billy Corgan disappeared up his own arsehole never to be seen again.
  • Options
    Oasis at Knebworth. Absolute tosh.
  • Options
    Went to see The Editors last night at Brixton Academy. They were incredible, most under rated band in the UK.
  • Options

Went to see The Editors last night at Brixton Academy. They were incredible, most under rated band in the UK.

My work mate saw them last night too and said it was the best gig he'd seen in ages.

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Oasis at Knebworth. Absolute tosh.

I agree with that one JohnBoy!

• Options
    Lou Reed at the Valley. He was stoned beyond any capacity to perform.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Badger said:

BTW that Pistols gig at Ravensbourne art College was ticket only as far as I can remember, Pistols contract to play was £400.

They shouldn't have been paid 40 pence to be honest (tickets were 50p, I think). It was mostly covers, which they could barely play. They may have done some of their own songs, I really can't remember and they all sounded the same, anyway. It was one of their first gigs and they hadn't yet come up with Anarchy or God Save The Queen. My brother was working the bar and we got a few free beers, which I seem to remember was the only good thing about the evening. Saw them a few months later at the 100 Club and they were better, but still crap.

Also saw The Jam's first 100 Club gig, when they stood in at the last minute for Roogalator because Danny Adler had been taken ill. That was probably the second worst gig I ever saw!

• Options

Sex Pistols at Ravensbourne Art Collge, December 1975.

I was there with the Afghan-coated, dope smoking hippie contigent from Henekeys in Bromlely High Street and we thought it was the worst noise we had ever heard. Susan Dallion (later known as Siouxsie) was also there with her schoolfriends, and decided they had just seen the future of rock'n'roll.

I still think I was right and Siouxsie was wrong!

*Ballion.

;-)

• Options

Depeche Mode at the O2. Next week.

I used to be a big fan of theirs but slowly lost interest after the Sounds of the Universe album.I have four of their official live DVDs.They seem to be a really great band live,especially in the 80's and 90's when Dave Gahan was young.Not sure if they still have the same sensation on the stage now.I hope you have a good time next week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    By a country mile, it has to be Eric Clapton at some castle in Yorkshire. He sent the audience to sleep in a way that was almost embarrassing. He played Layla to finish and just about woke a few people up as we were heading off to the car park. I guess if I am honest I am not a huge Eric fan but my wife thought it was awful.
  • Options

I was there last night too. Great gig.
  • Options

Lou Reed at the Valley. He was stoned beyond any capacity to perform.

You sure that weren't Les?
  • Options
    Earth, Wind and Fire at Wembley about 20 years ago. Great light show but crap performance. Was really disappointed.
  • Options
    The Pogues, many years ago supporting U2 at Wembley Stadium.

I've seen the Pogues on many occasions and love them .... but the sound just didn't work at an outside large gig like Wembley.
  • Options

Sex Pistols at Ravensbourne Art Collge, December 1975.

I was there with the Afghan-coated, dope smoking hippie contigent from Henekeys in Bromlely High Street and we thought it was the worst noise we had ever heard. Susan Dallion (later known as Siouxsie) was also there with her schoolfriends, and decided they had just seen the future of rock'n'roll.

I still think I was right and Siouxsie was wrong!

she definitely got it right
  • Options
    First time I saw Elvis Costello back in 1979 on the Armed Forces tour. About a 45 minute set and no interaction with the audience. It can't have put me off as I've now seen him about 30 times
  • Options
    Saw the Bluetones in 97, they were awful, was gutted really. The two supporting acts were Mike Flower's Pops (once they'd done the cover of Wonderwall nobody knew or liked any of their other stuff) and the Spicy Girls (who at least were better looking, better singers and better dancers than the real Spice Girls)
  • Options

I was just listening to a song called 'In the End' by Snow Patrol yesterday and it remined me so much of the Editors I loved before going all electronic.Then I read on the internet that they had an extremely difficult time after the third album and felt really sorry for them.I've always liked their guitar work on their first two albums and I think it was the thing that I found missing in their later ablums.Wish Chris Urbanowicz had never left...And a big shame that they didn't release any proper live videos in the early years.The bonus DVD with the debut album was a wasted opportunity.
  • Options

I saw them down at brighton a week or so ago. Absolutely brilliant. British Sea Power were support and also good but not in The Editors class.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

the vaccines at brixton academy about 2 years ago sounded awful!!!

Saw them at The O2 about 2 years ago & they sounded awful there as well.
  • Options
    Aerosmith at Brum NEC and REM at Sheffield Arena. Both ruined more by crowds who stod up and cheered for the occasional hit and sat disinterested for the rest of the time.
    Fish at the godawful AstonVilla Leisure Centre on the first tour after leaving Marillion was heartbreakingly bad. didn't listen to him for years after that!
  • Options

I was one of the excited gents bumping around in the, what do they call it ..mosh 'pit'?
  • Options

Led Zeppelin at the Ally Pally in about '74.
    Plant couldn't hit the notes and when Page started fannying around with a violin bow on his axe for 25 minutes, with most of the audience creaming themselves I thought, he's mugging you off you brain dead sheep

Saw this, creamed myself, baaaaa.
  • Options
    Springsteen at Glasto in 2010....2.5 hours of album tracks....to think I chose that over Eric Prydz in the Dance Village. Gutted.
  • Options
    BDL said:

PJW1 said:

RUSH at the O2 this year were superb

Not from where I sat! And I'm a huge fan of theirs, never been so disappointed after a gig.

O2 is not the best place for a rock gig.

I've seen Rush a few times - beginning with their 2112 Tour back in '79. Always fantastic with the best light show going.

• Options
    New Order
    The Prodigy
    The Knife
  • Options
    The last Sir Paul Weller gig I went to at the Greenwich Tent was a bit shit. Not down to the performance, just completely the wrong venue for SPW. IMO
  • Options
    Massive Attack, Wolverhampton Wulfren in about '98... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    I saw the Moving Sidewalks (from whom ZZ top evolved of course) this year - was one long yawn inducing blues jam. On the same bill was Roky Erickson & Peter Daltrey (Kaleidoscope UK), who were by contrast absolutely marvellous....

Stone Roses at Spike Island were awful by all accounts, I don't remember - was a little out of it that day!!