Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Advice on Getting to St Andrews....

Hi All,

I am currently back in Europe from Oz and have so far missed both the Blackburn game and Wigan game because I have been away travelling with work - I am currently in Palestine!

Anyway, I am back in the UK on Saturday and am really keen to see the boys play at Birmingham - but I need some travel advice.

Basically, assuming the game finishes at 4.50PM then would it be feasible to get back to New Street for 5.30PM - also what are the transport options from New Street to St Andrews?

By the way, I can pay on the day, right?

Any advice gratefully received!

Cheers

Comments

• No tickets on sale on the day
  • It's about 25 min walk from ground to new street.
  • Very tight but can be done if you know the route and make it a swift walk. As Nathan says no tickets are available on the day
  • Righto, thank Christ I asked - I will pop into The Valley on Friday to get my ticket.

Can you get a bus to the ground from the station?
  • Righto, thank Christ I asked - I will pop into The Valley on Friday to get my ticket.

Tickets not on sale on Friday, last day is tomorrow from the Valley.
  • Tickets on Sale until 3pm Friday due to not being available at St Andrews
  • My mistake. Just seen that they have changed the date.

There are buses going that way, but I doubt they'd be much quicker, with the volume of people leaving the ground. 5:30 is tight, is there a reason why you need to catch that train, when trains to London are very frequent?
  • Provided there isn't loads of injury time and you position yourself by the exit a couple of minutes before the end you should be able to make it to New Street for about 20 past - check which platform you're leaving from on your phone en-route to save messing around once you get to the station.
  • As long as you get away from the ground quickly there's no reason you wouldn't make the 5.30 train, it shouldn't take more than 20 minutes.
  • Sponsored links:

There are buses going that way, but I doubt they'd be much quicker, with the volume of people leaving the ground. 5:30 is tight, is there a reason why you need to catch that train, when trains to London are very frequent?
    I have a dinner on in London that night so the earlier I can get back then the better but if I can't make the 5.30 I can get the later train, just curious to know what the logistics are.
  • Thanks All, much appreciated! I will book the 5.30PM train - should be able to make 1.2 miles in 30 minutes even in my unfit state!
  • Hi All,

I am currently back in Europe from Oz and have so far missed both the Blackburn game and Wigan game because I have been away travelling with work - I am currently in Palestine!

Anyway, I am back in the UK on Saturday and am really keen to see the boys play at Birmingham - but I need some travel advice.

Basically, assuming the game finishes at 4.50PM then would it be feasible to get back to New Street for 5.30PM - also what are the transport options from New Street to St Andrews?

By the way, I can pay on the day, right?

Any advice gratefully received!

Cheers

Now that it seems they are not selling to us on the day, get a ticket in the home end.
    Difficult to tell you directions but if you can get yourself to Digbeth Coach Station as a landmark then you are a brisk 10 minutes from New Street. All in all it is 30 minutes but knowing how to negotiate the newbuild estates and factories
  • @Elfsborg Addick - Thanks very much!