Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Ikea Valley

To be built on the site of the old Sainsbury and Comet near our original ground in Bugsby Way

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/campaigns/greenwich_store.html

OK it doesn't actually say that Ikea are going to build us a new stadium but that's because the conspiracy is being kept from us by an unholy alliance of Chris Roberts, UKIP, The EU, the Guardian and John Lawson.

Just imagine the stripped pine goalposts and easy to construct seats. Meatballs to replace pies. You know it makes sense.

Comments

• There is always an air of misery and discontent in Ikea. Like nothing is going right. I hope you don't think such an atmosphere is appropriate or even possible at Charlton?
  • Will we have to walk around the entire stadium to get to the top tier ?
  • Least the food will be cheaper
  • Not sure about the new yellow and blue home kit but I guess I'll get used to it
  • Bringing back the old wooden stands. Pine, you know it makes sense.................
  • Bubble said:

Least the food will be cheaper

And you'll be able to sing "Goodbye Horse" to it.

• Will the team be able to read the instructions, pre match?
  • Our new Striker and Kit ;-)

• That will be match day parking sorted, leave the wife to shop in her favourite store. We visit the lakeside store at least once a month. This has just made her day.
  • Ikea.... you couldn't make it up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Have to chuckle at some of the positive spin on the website.

"Deliver IKEA’s most accessible store in the UK for customers visiting by public transport. The site is close to underground and rail links and is also served by six bus routes offering up to 42 buses in each direction per hour."

Good luck lugging boxes of flat packed shelving and bed sofas on the Jubilee line...
  • Look forward to being held up getting to my seat by a multi-generation chav family spread out across the aisle dawdling like they're on their day out for the week
  • ...Just imagine the stripped pine goalposts and easy to construct seats. Meatballs to replace pies. You know it makes sense.

The great thing about the goalposts is that there's a bunk bed on top which is home to a giant cuddly snake - you know the ones.
  • Is that Sainsbury's on the Peninsular no longer there? That was our shopping centre when we lived in the area. Used to enjoy going there.
  • LoOkOuT said:

Is that Sainsbury's on the Peninsular no longer there? That was our shopping centre when we lived in the area. Used to enjoy going there.

Still there but will close in a year or so when the new one between Bugsby Way and the Lower Road in Charlton opens (next to Makro).
  • I still can't believe that sainsburys is going... I remember it entering the Guinness world records as the most environmentally friendly supermarket in the whole world (not an anarak).

I just don't understand why it would close? It's still the one they use on their homepage.
  • Huskaris said:

I still can't believe that sainsburys is going... I remember it entering the Guinness world records as the most environmentally friendly supermarket in the whole world (not an anarak).

I just don't understand why it would close? It's still the one they use on their homepage.

It is closing because a local football club had bought the land and is planning to build a new stadium there........
  • Heard the rumour they were going to be part of a takeover which would bring Curbishley back to the helm at the Valley.

Alan (Allen) key to their bid apparently.

• heard that "valley Floyd road" will be replaced by "buddy can you spare a Daim"
  • Thommo said:

Heard the rumour they were going to be part of a takeover which would bring Curbishley back to the helm at the Valley.

Alan (Allen) key to their bid apparently.

He's going to play with a flat pack 4.

• Sponsored links:

• As long as they serve up their horsey meatballs in the kiosks
  • I have no Ikea what is going on here!
  • Bringing back the old wooden stands. Pine, you know it makes sense.................

They could call it the Pøvvell range? Flat pack football stands in five vibrant colours, for the modern fan...