Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Amdy Faye

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
Marcus Bent starting off looking good and is now scoring goals for Wigan, however Amdy Faye ?!?! He seems to be even worse for Rangers, in his second start for them they lost again and he again was subbed at half time.

"Charlie Adam's midfield berth was taken by Amdy Faye, who made his first SPL start since a disastrous 45-minute debut in defeat at Tynecastle. This one would be no better for a player who appears lost and startled by the pace of the Scottish game. Again, he would be gone by the break and Novo would be asked to perform another salvage mission."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/2007/10/29/barc-to-earth-with-a-bump-86908-20024414/

Comments

• Faye was an absolute nightmare.
    truly top 5 worst players i've seen at charlton.
  • his second touch is a tackle, utterly dreadful, how on earth did we ever shove him and his £25k a week wage to Rangers?
  • Only worry is if he carries on playing bad for Rangers they wouldn't take up the option to buy him at the end of his loan. He will end up back with us and we'll have to carry on paying his massive wages. Same goes for Bent, although he's doing well for Wigan they're looking contenders for relegation, so Wigan might not be able to buy him if they go down.

We could start next season with Bent and Faye both back and still being paid huge salaries, which wouldn't be good news if we're still in the Championship
  • someone will take a punt on bent if he keeps scoring a few goals now and then, as for faye, i'm hoping he'll get lost up in scotland and never be found
  • Not sure but thought Bent's contract is up at the end of the season, so he will be a free agent and no fee for us when his loan expires.

Don't know about Faye.
  • Faye is the same as Bent - contract is up at the end of the season. Basically, they've both gone and won't be coming back.
  • So we paid 2 million for someone on a two year contract? I can't believe that, if there is an option to buy at the end of the loan that would suggest they have longer to go on their contracts
  • The boss is still sticking up for Faye (his agent must have a great collection of blackmail photos...):

Smith backs Faye after sub snub
    Rangers manager Walter Smith has backed Amdy Faye - despite having substituted the on-loan Charlton midfielder at half time in both his SPL starts.
    "He has actually had two really awkward games to play in, away at Tynecastle and away at Tannadice," said Smith.

"Both are very difficult places to go and play in and you have got to appreciate that factor.

"I had to do something more in an attacking sense at the start of the second half to try to mix the game up."

The 30-year-old Faye's latest half-time departure came with Rangers a goal behind to Dundee United, who eventually won 2-1.
  • I saw him have some storming games at Pompey a few years back.

He is a good ball winner he just cannot pass more than 7 yards
  • Other than Jason Euell, i don't think i've ever seen a player lose his game so badly in such a short space of time
  • Sponsored links:

• I think poor old young Izzy is also trying to be a contender...