Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Further developments in the Hodgson situation?

Report by Nottareal Journo

The controversy surrounding Roy Hodgson and the infamous “joke” in the dressing room has intensified even further today as it was revealed that not only was there a player who complained of being offended by Hodgson’s comments at half time, but there were further complaints relating to the manager’s choice of words in the pre-match build up that day.
It appears that a joke about a monkey is only the tip of the iceberg, with Hodgson allegedly making repeat references to a “negro” in the dressing room prior to the Poland game.
“It was disgusting,” said a player, who has asked not to be named, “He wouldn’t stop talking about it. He was revelling in the idea of giving this guy a beating and saying how proud he was of everyone for not easing off and for ‘stepping on the jugular’. I don’t know what happened to this poor guy, I’m really worried for his welfare. Maybe you guys could find out something? I think Hodgson mentioned the name ‘Monty’.”
When asked what sort of phrases Roy Hodgson used, the report was clear:
“It was like he was bloodthirsty,” the player stated, “He said, and I quote, “I was so proud of the effort and enthusiasm shown when we managed to give Monty the Negro such a comprehensive beating.” Or something like that anyway. Tell me that’s not racist, because it sounds racist to me.”
When asked if he thought Hodgson might have been trying to express a point that didn’t relate to race, the player retorted with indignation:
“What do you mean? How could he have meant something else? He said the word ‘negro’. That’s racist.” When further challenged that there may be circumstances where the word ‘negro’ is used without racial connotations, the player continued; “That’s irrelevant. I think he may have been trying to use it to psyche everyone up, but I was really offended by his use of the word ‘negro’ which has negative connotations and is offensive to black people.”
We will have to see what happens next with this development, but as the story is made up, the FA is not expected to make a statement in due course, neither are the Kick it Out campaign , but the Society of Black Lawyers are.

Comments

• What the fa should be looking at is who is the mole .
    The society of black lawyers . It's been said before on here is there a society of white lawyers no because that would be seen as racist .
    Why do the press try and overshadow everything .
    Shoot me down if you want but I think it's all a pile of crap .
    The person that leaked the information should make there self known if they are that passionate about the cause of racism .
  • itsmyball said:

What the fa should be looking at is who is the mole .
    The society of black lawyers . It's been said before on here is there a society of white lawyers no because that would be seen as racist .
    The person that leaked the information should make there self known if they are that passionate about the cause of racism .

I think you've been had, IMB . . .
  • Whoosh!
  • There is a guy on twitter keeps going on about Hodgson playing in a white only league in South Africa during the aparthied years so it may not be a woosh in the end....

Whoever the grass actually was should be blackballed.

*handface*
  • Still like to get it off my chest airman .
    Society of black lawyers just make me angry
  • There is a guy on twitter keeps going on about Hodgson playing in a white only league in South Africa during the aparthied years so it may not be a woosh in the end....

He did. He has also spoken of his admiration for Mandela & managed a World XI in a charity game in Mandela's honour.
  • Just love the way the press can print any kind of bullshit they want and put it under the banner of the source that "asked not to be named". Just gives them the licence to print whatever they want without any comeback on them. If you feel upset by some comment, at least have the balls to say so publicly, but that won't happen as this unnamed source is probably a figment of the imagination of some sad & desperate journo............
  • Report by Nottareal Journo

The sad thing is how believable a story like this would be!
  • itsmyball said:

What the fa should be looking at is who is the mole .

No.......really???
  • What a fook up, was looking forward to seeing Roy and the boys next year, tits up allready - shame
  • Sponsored links:

• Would Hodgson have told the same story if Townsend was white.....YEP!
    Would players have thought it a long winded explanation.....YEP!
    Does Hodgson tell these stories to relax the players.....YEP!
    Is Hodgson an eccentric old fart.....YEP!
    Is Hodgson a good coach.....YEP!

Dare to be yourself and you'll end up in all sorts of trouble.
  • Did the half-time talk work? YEP!
    Are we going to the World Cup Finals as a result? YEP!
  • Report by Nottareal Journo

The sad thing is how believable a story like this would be!
    Really!!!