Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Youtube sound problem - need help

Thought my headphones had broken but have since found the sound working ok on iplayer and on itunes.

However when i go to youtube, next to the speaker icon is a little 'x'. For some reason i can't click on this to change it so can't get sound on any videos. Very annoying.

I've tried it in different browsers, i've cleared out my cache, i've got the latest version of flash, but still the 'x' is there.

How can i solve this?

Comments

• Options
    Had the same thing once before where I couldn't click the speaker icon to mute/unmute BUT I could use the slider bar next to it to increase the volume.

Don't know if that will work for you
  • Options
    Might be worth checking your sound settings. Right-click the speaker icon on bottom right and see if it's been disabled on there............
  • Options

Had the same thing once before where I couldn't click the speaker icon to mute/unmute BUT I could use the slider bar next to it to increase the volume.

Don't know if that will work for you

A ha!! Yes that works! Thanks.
  • Options
    Weird. I had the same issue last week. Gave up after half an hour or so.

CEJ sorted it in 30 seconds.
  • Options
    It's easy to get confused because it looks like its muted but its not. Just that the sound is on zero.
    Clicking to mute/unmute is working properly but either way the volume is on zero so the x is still displayed