Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

birmingham

any good pubs nearby

Comments

• In the city centre there are a few. Cathedral square.
  • The Belfry is decent
  • There are a lot of bars along Broad Street.
  • Take yourself down to Digbeth coach station, 10 minutes walk from New Street station. A couple of decent traditional boozers(the names escape me). There are a couple of others further on which are more staunch Birmingham but without colours you will be okay.
  • Take yourself down to Digbeth coach station, 10 minutes walk from New Street station. A couple of decent traditional boozers(the names escape me). There are a couple of others further on which are more staunch Birmingham but without colours you will be okay.

One is The Anchor-great Real Ale pub.

Take yourself down to Digbeth coach station, 10 minutes walk from New Street station. A couple of decent traditional boozers(the names escape me). There are a couple of others further on which are more staunch Birmingham but without colours you will be okay.

One is The Anchor-great Real Ale pub.
    Yes - The Anchor, and the White Swan, about 50 yards apart in Bradford Street, behind Digbeth coach station - I was in both of them last Tuesday evening. They are Grade II listed red-brick and terracotta pubs of about 1900 with original carved mahogany bar-backs; note the superb tiled corridor in the White Swan. Good real ales in both.

• Best in the evening but take the train to Old Hill and walk up to the Waterfall. Possibly the best pub I've ever visited.
  • Is the waterfall near the ground?