Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Advice from the Clique

People often ask "Is there a Charlton Life Clique" and of course there isn't but the first rule of the Clique would be (if there was one and there isn't):

1. No one talks about the Clique

The second rule would be

2. Don't use the feckin' activity page - I'm looking at any former BBC employees there maybe on here - to discuss projects you may be undertaking

Right, you didn't see me, got it.

: - )

Comments

• Can I borrow the clique hat for about a week please ?
  • Reads post, goes straight to Activity section, sniggers.

Wonders what secret projects are.

Doffs cap to HI for highlighting.
  • edited October 2013
    The whole Charlton Clique legend actually started on NettAddicks. When it was announced that the then senior host was leaving to run for higher office it was stated that a young man, who eventually went onto better things, was to take over.
    Someone cried "FOUL". Can't remember who but he was always Chirping. He demanded to know how this lad from BGS had assumed the role without the community having a say. He said it was all to do with the Royal Oak Clique. Everyone laughed at him and told him he was paranoid. Don't know what happened to him.
    The rest my friends is history.
  • Can I borrow the clique hat for about a week please ?

As I said the clique only exists in the fevered imaginations of the unhinged and unwashed of the internet.

Plus you still owe £25 for the dry cleaning from the last time you borrowed it.
  • Bollox, I'm not having any of he smoke and mirrors. I'm still waiting for my badge. I'm not going to be fobbed off any longer with the "cut this out and colour it in yourself" rubbish I was fobbed off with a year ago. BTW, is there a special CL Clique badge, a bit like a CL prefect thingy?
  • You're not the only one who's being fobbed off - I did exactly what they asked - took a video clip of myself in wellies and a red mankini singing 'Valley Floyd Road' and sent it off to a bloke called Reams - and they still haven't confirmed my membership!

• You're not the only one who's being fobbed off - I did exactly what they asked - took a video clip of myself in wellies and a red mankini singing 'Valley Floyd Road' and sent it off to a bloke called Reams - and they still haven't confirmed my membership!

Bastards! I had to wear a white away mankini for mine.
  • And never mention the CL clique "handshake".
  • delroofer said:

And never mention the CL clique "handshake".

You can mention it, but don't ever get it wrong. No one likes a twisted testicle. Even the female clique lifers.
  • delroofer said:

You can mention it, but don't ever get it wrong. No one likes a twisted testicle. Even the female clique lifers.
    One or two of them like a good tongue twister
  • Sponsored links:

• Shouldn't this be in the Clique forum? Or at the very least Members Only.
  • No, we would use the clique forum (or we would if it existed which it doesn't) to pass on inside info about transfer and laugh at non-clique members while passing on news about how the CL moles are doing on other sites.
  • So is Reams back in the Clique now?
  • Addickted said:

So is Reams back in the Clique now?

Sshhh! He's running a CL undercover operation at the moment.
  • Yep, and he is laughing along with the rest of us that Henry STILL doesn't know about the clique forum :-)
  • Reams has always been in the clique (although the clique doesn't exist as we all know) but has been working undercover for many years now to find out who the CL mole is. We've got it down to four people. Your Tinker but I can't tell you who the other three are.
  • Henry was excommunicated back in '07
  • Addickted said:

Henry was excommunicated back in '07

Not quite true, things were somewhat tailored to suit the times.

• Hey, just got my new clique badge! Makes a nice profile picture.
  • I know the clique doesn't really exist, but for those on here ,who are in the clique that doesn't exist,can you please put me out of my misery , and confirm or deny, whether we should expect a takeover at Charlton by Christmas to take place?
  • Sponsored links:

• If you have to ask then you don't need to know. The people who need to know will be told. (But don't tell anyone I told you that).
  • edited October 2013
    And why do some people confuse the clique (if it existed) with admin? (if it existed) The two could never exist together for one really obvious reason (if the reason existed)

• It can't be a secret, went in debenhams other day and there was loads of clique branded products such as face cream and make up stuff. Must be how they can afford to giver slater a million a month to 'transfer'
  • The simplest way to express what is known about "The Clique" is thus...

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.
  • Oakster said:

The simplest way to express what is known about "The Clique" is thus...

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

How do you know that?

• Oakster said:

The simplest way to express what is known about "The Clique" is thus...

I love that quote
  • All jokes aside if your on a PC the activity board is a mine of information!! You can't see it from a phone .

Seriously people get a grip on how to inbox people and stop leaving private messages for all to see!
  • delroofer said:

It's that what's meant by being black-balled when the bruise comes out on a twisted testicle.
  • Curb_It said:

All jokes aside if your on a PC the activity board is a mine of information!! You can't see it from a phone .

Seriously people get a grip on how to inbox people and stop leaving private messages for all to see!

Scroll to bottom of page and click on full site. Can then read it on your mobile.

Particularly would like to hear more about the conversation between oakster and indianaaddick. !!!
  • Clique members should always remember to deny there is a clique.......that is, after all, how we recognise each other. Those that state there is a clique on CL are the unwashed and mentally unhinged.