Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chas and Dave

Article in yesterday's Guardian which fellow Rockneyists might enjoy.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/sep/26/chas-and-dave-interview

Comments

• I would've enjoyed it if it weren't in the poxy Gaurdian!
  • Good article that. I knew about Ritchie Blackmore but didn't know Chas was Deep Purple's bassist for a night.
  • Going to see them in December can't wait they were fantastic last time I went. Helps when you go there and get pissed.
  • edited September 2013
    fog horn said:

Going to see them in December can't wait they were fantastic last time I went. Helps when you go there and get pissed.

Went to see them last year. I'd advise you get there on time. Our tickets said "Doors 7:00". Expected the usual support act and stuff, so we got there for 8pm. Not only were the already playing but they were doing their last song before their break. Fortunately, they saved their better known songs for the second half.

Seemed strange to come away from an evening gig at 9:30pm........................
  • edited October 2013
    Little bird says Chas is playing at the Pelton on 22nd December.
  • Great article in a grown up newspaper. Thanks for sharing!
  • Curb_It said:

Little bird says Chas is playing at the Pelton on 22nd December.

Ticket job?
  • Chas played at a friend of a friend's wedding a few weeks back. How good would that have been!

Chas in the Pelts would be a must see. It'll be heaving.
  • There's a great video of them on You Tube performing Ossie's Dream at a Wedding.
    They dont normally perform Spurs songs at public performances due to fear of rioting lol but blimey, how must that Spurs fan have felt having them perform at his wedding...
  • Sponsored links:

• Fancied seeing them at the Indigo this Christmas but after seeing what went on there on the excellent BBC4 documentry I don't think so. Why do people have to behave like that?
  • Riviera said:

Fancied seeing them at the Indigo this Christmas but after seeing what went on there on the excellent BBC4 documentry I don't think so. Why do people have to behave like that?

?? must have missed that. Saw them there last year and it was a great night. A few idiots up front, but only in the sense of jumping around with drinks flying about and I'm too old for that nonsense now. Easy to avoid though.
  • Well that's what was shown on the doc and little else. May have been a missrepresentaion but you can only see what is shown on telly. Put me off.
  • I saw the doc and have absolutely no idea what you are on about Riv'?
  • It kicked off at the indigo when I went to see Roger Daltrey a couple of years ago
  • I saw the doc and have absolutely no idea what you are on about Riv'?

Well what the bloke who was there said! Idiots jumping around with drinks flying about. Complete pissheads who have no idea what's going on or why they are there, and then apologise pathetically all night after they've tipped a pint over your Mrs and keep on and on apologising until they get angry becasue you've stopped saying "forget it" and then they turn nasty......That's what I'm going on about.

Enjoy yourself , dance but don't be a seflfish prat.

• I saw them in Derby in March this year, one brilliant concert. Chas's son now is on the drums. If you get a chance read Chas's autobigraphy hes played with some of the worlds finest rock stars.
  • Correct willieduff if Eric Clapton and Albert Lee rate you enough said. Too much snobbery in music I often exchange opinions with Greenie on this site and we both know that because something sounds simple doesn't make it so to play.

Love Chas and Dave proper working musicians
  • Riviera said:

I saw the doc and have absolutely no idea what you are on about Riv'?

Well what the bloke who was there said! Idiots jumping around with drinks flying about. Complete pissheads who have no idea what's going on or why they are there, and then apologise pathetically all night after they've tipped a pint over your Mrs and keep on and on apologising until they get angry becasue you've stopped saying "forget it" and then they turn nasty......That's what I'm going on about.

I really did not notice that in the documentary. As someone else said, you can always stand further back.
  • edited October 2013

Riviera said:

I really did not notice that in the documentary. As someone else said, you can always stand further back.
    Sigh

• Sponsored links:

• A note on local history. The pub used in Chas & Dave's TV ads for Courage Best was the Ravensbourne Arms in Coldbath Street, Lewisham. It's still standing, but has been converted to flats.
  • I saw them on their Farewell Tour about 3 years ago. Glad they are still going strong because there was talk of Dave retiring after that tour.
  • Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Sigh

No, I REALLY did not notice it in the documentary - I was probably looking at what was going on, on stage, Riv. Not calling you a liar or anything, and just suggesting that people of a certain age (like myself) should stand further back if they don't want to have fun with the "kids" at the front. No agenda fella...
  • Got to say I noticed the bloke at the front pissed up chucking his drink everywhere when I watched it as well, but thought it was only him and maybe one other rather than a whole load of people.

Can't say it would bother me too much as it's pretty much what I'd expect of any gig I went to, but I can understand it giving you the hump if you took your missus along for a night out.
  • Seen them a few times, love em. They don't normally have booze served at gigs on theatres anymore. Not for the young uns, its to stop blokes and birds my mothers age from rushing the stage!

• edited October 2013
  • Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Sigh

No, I REALLY did not notice it in the documentary - I was probably looking at what was going on, on stage, Riv. Not calling you a liar or anything, and just suggesting that people of a certain age (like myself) should stand further back if they don't want to have fun with the "kids" at the front. No agenda fella...
    Didn't have to stand further back Algarve. Looking at the stage, the idiots were over to the right & the two of us just stood to the left. You can certainly avoid the twats :)
  • Got to back Riv up here.

Saw them last December and they were brilliant. The crowd were awful though. It was a tinderbox and loads of meatheads about. Not pleasant at all.

Been to plenty of gigs but plonked myself to the side to get away from the twats with a pint and enjoyed it.
  • I was in a support act 2004 Northampton...no problems when C and D came on as we'd frightened most of the audience away.