Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gary Megson

A Premiership manager once again? Someone want to tell me how this bloke has managed to get a job at a decent club like Bolton?

Comments

• Large made the point about him being a "PL manager" - I just don't buy it. championship at best as he was as a player.
  • Beats me totally, I honestly can't understand it. Someone on here said before the season started that Bolton were this season's Charlton...Whoever they were they were spot on IMO!
  • don't know, but if you find out, can you tell the people in this thread:

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=11710&page=1#Item_5

and this one....

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=11706

nee naw :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Beats me totally, I honestly can't understand it. Someone on here said before the season started that Bolton were this season's Charlton...Whoever they were they were spot on IMO!

Same circumstances. Long serving manager who had built stabilty in the club suddenly departs - and the stability is lost almost overnight.

You could more or less see it coming.
  • [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Beats me totally, I honestly can't understand it. Someone on here said before the season started that Bolton were this season's Charlton...Whoever they were they were spot on IMO!

Bolton have a better squad of players than we had though.
  • [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]
    Bolton have a better squad of players than we had though.

Again though, thats from the outside looking in, I'm sure people who weren't Charlton fans felt the same about us last year.
  • "People who know football understand this appointment"

Bolton chairman Phil Gartside

Really Phil?
  • I've heard Megson has been linked with the Spurs vacancy

:)
  • [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]I've heard Megson has been linked with the Spurs vacancy

:)
    that should be posted on the spurs board, It`ll give them something to really moan about :)
  • There's a great photo in today's Guardian of him sat on his own in the Bolton dug-out, which is festooned in Uefa Cup logos. I had to do a double take, I thought it was a wind-up...
  • Sponsored links:

• Just Over 10k last night, oh dear.
  • Only pros I can think of for Megson are that:

1. He's a long ball manager - Allardyce bought players who play well that way, Lee tried to make them play more of a passing game when they aren't the right players to do that well.

2. Lee alledgedly 'lost' the squad, Megson's a disciplinarian who may be able to get some big egos (Diouf, Anelka, Nolan) into some kind of shape.

That said, it's a frankly bizarre appointment - couldn't keep Albion up, couldn't keep Forest up, won one league game at Leicester in 6 weeks, somehow gets a Prem job.

He'll have the fans, the media and possibly the players on his back from the outset - Les Reed had only the media and look what happened.