Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dexter

Comments

• Agreed. And the sex scene was mint. Yvonne Strahovski looks like she was designed by a committe of perverts.
  • Agreed. And the sex scene was mint. Yvonne Strahovski looks like she was designed by a committe of perverts.

This

Obvious hi-light Dexter keeping his socks on! Strahovski didn't look bad either.
  • She's fantastic. Angel's sister is decent too.
  • Great character as well. Although I fear its not going to end well for her - and she'll end up dragging him down with her.

Is it just me or does the kid look more than a little like Crispin Glover?
  • Just finished season 6. It was awful. Rarely fell out of love with a show this quickly. Not sure I'll bother with 7 or 8 now.
  • Whilst Strahovski is cracking...I'm still preferring Julie Benz (Rita).

Agree with others that the Trinity series was the best one.
  • Whilst Strahovski is cracking...I'm still preferring Julie Benz (Rita).

Agree with others that the Trinity series was the best one.

Rita was fantastic to look at, unfortunately the second she opened her mouth I was willing Dexter to stick a knife in her throat.

• You think she looks good in this, you need to see her in a program called Chuck. Oh dear god...

• I've seen her in Chuck. I saw an episode with her dressed in a leather catsuit with a machinegun. Jesus wept.
  • Sponsored links:

• There are a few other, better, outfits in Chuck. I ended up watching all of it, it's a bit juvenile but so am I so it was easy watching. She really does do it for me, which is lucky for me because I've heard that she is in to short, fat bald blokes with loads of baggage!

Completely. She's giving Rachel Riley a good old run for her money in my book.

• Busy over the weekend, day off today and have just watched the entire final series apart from the last episode, cannot wait! Has been a fantastic series, gutted it will end.
  • Jack Dexter is running in the Ayr Gold Cup .. 3.50
  • No spoilers, but watched the finale last night. What an absolute pile of shite. Can't believe that the writers agreed that as the best way to bring the curtain down on 96 episodes.
  • yeah I'm into season 7 but is it becoming implausible?
  • No spoilers, but watched the finale last night. What an absolute pile of shite. Can't believe that the writers agreed that as the best way to bring the curtain down on 96 episodes.

Yep - was a real let down.

• Haven't seen the last couple of episodes yet, but the whole series has been pap.

Apart from the scenes with Issak Sirko and the final scene of Series 6, the last 3 series have been very average.

Peaked with Trinity and the end of Series 4, which was just brilliant TV.
  • WSS said:

No spoilers, but watched the finale last night. What an absolute pile of shite. Can't believe that the writers agreed that as the best way to bring the curtain down on 96 episodes.

Yep - was a real let down.

I think the ending was right, just poorly delivered.

• Opinions on new blood?

I like it and it's good to have the show back.

Spoiler ***

Did Dexter try and make it look like (knobhead) victim got attacked and killed by a bear?

Trail of blood leading to a bears cave? Was certainly the only idea that might enable him to completely get away with the murder

I personally don't think the son's character is really necessary.
    Or maybe just save that till the end. An older son return is a bit of a typical tick box routine, like a naff post die hard trilogy films - die hard 5.

The dead sister can also have a day off

• Sponsored links:

• First episode was great. Second was shite. Third was meh.

Deb re-appearing in the Harry role is ridiculous and Harrison is annoying me.

Its a shame as it was one of my favourite shows. Started to loose its way in season 7 and season 8 was a complete car crash. Even the screen writers slagged it off!

Hoping this improves, but am not holding my breath.
  • I'm already looking forward to the next episode.

The writers will definitely have something up their sleeve and have a long thought out plan.

They want to turn the season 8 negative ending that got heavily criticised...into new blood positive vibe
  • I thought the first episode was slow but, on reflection, it always was going to be that way. It's already become my new 'must see' since binge-watching all 3 seasons of 'You'. 
  • Did anyone like how it ended?
  • Haven’t finished it yet (think we’re about six or seven episodes in) but it’s been pretty awful and continues the downward trajectory the shows been on since about series 4.

The worst decision was bringing Deb back in the Harry role.
  • se9addick said:
    Haven’t finished it yet (think we’re about six or seven episodes in) but it’s been pretty awful and continues the downward trajectory the shows been on since about series 4.

It is what it is. It's always been a very unrealistic show.

Wouldn't describe it as awful. Just an enjoyable casual easy watch.

I don't think you're gana like the ending of new blood! Not many people did.

I'd personally give the ending a 5/10
  • Dave2l said:
    se9addick said:
    Haven’t finished it yet (think we’re about six or seven episodes in) but it’s been pretty awful and continues the downward trajectory the shows been on since about series 4.

It is what it is. It's always been a very unrealistic show.

Wouldn't describe it as awful. Just an enjoyable casual easy watch.

I don't think you're gana like the ending of new blood! Not many people did.

I'd personally give the ending a 5/10
    And you’re pretty enthusiastic about the series in general, so guessing I’ll be giving it a 1/10!
  • Are they doing more series’ after this one or is New Blood a one time thing?
  • se9addick said:
    Are they doing more series’ after this one or is New Blood a one time thing?
    One time I believe. 
  • edited January 2022
    I loved the ending, although one thing annoyed me

if you haven't seen it, do not read

epidode 7 or 8, Harrison was being taught to drive by the baddie (in terrible with tv character names) but the end scene, Harrison gets into dexters trick and drives off!!! Very quick learner!

I think there will be another series where dexter takes on the debs/dad role and speaks to Harrison.

when did the private investigator get murdered? Did this happen off screen?