Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK - Watford 1-1 Charlton

Many thanks to the 46 Lifers who gave marks.
I have again diverted from the "official" stats as I have given Yann a shot on target for the penalty and Wilson an assist for gaining the penalty. In the official ones the fact that a player takes a penalty is completely ignored under the shots on, off or HW - strange but true.

Stats are here:https://us.v-cdn.net/5000498/uploads/FileUpload/e0/4a809a06885c140117a3198ccf0e6e.pdf

Comments

• I really don't believe the 62% possession. Not for the first time I've never believed this stat as often seems way out from any sense of reality.

No critisism of you by the way LL as I realise it's an "official" stat.
  • Redman, although I wasn't there and only listened to the commentary I completely agree with you, at first I though it was Watford's figure not ours.
  • Hi Lanashier Lad.I was going to ask the question of how you worked out the possession as I always thought it could only be done by the professional statistician...until I saw redman's post.So it's taken from the official stats?
  • Hi Lanashier Lad.I was going to ask the question of how you worked out the possession as I always thought it could only be done by the professional statistician...until I saw redman's post.So it's taken from the official stats?

I take the following stats from the BBC and Football League sites who I think get them from the Press Association:
    Length of game
    Timing of goals and substitutions
    Fouls, bookings, cards
    Shots on and off goal and hit woodwork
    Possession

however the "officials" do make mistakes and I rectify these when I know about them or am told by other Lifers on this site, in that case, if possible, I then go to the video of the game and check for myself. If I do alter the official stats I make a remark when I issue the stats, for example Yann's shot for the penalty against Watford.
  • I suppose it depends what possession means. Watford take a shot, hit row Z. Takes a while to get the ball back and Hamer takes his time over the goal kick. I presume we are in possession from the moment it crosses the goal line until a Watford player gets it back again.