Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Woolley - ex CAFC Keeper

Arrested and charged in relation betting scam in Australia, where he has been playing for 2 months! After leaving Charlton youth team he was playing for AFC Hornchurch before recently moving to Australia. Oh dear.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/six-charged-over-fixing-scam-20130916-2ttbs.html

Comments

• Options
    Joe Woolley sounds like a character in 'The Archers'.
  • Options
    Never heard of him
  • Options
    Remember him from the youth team season 2006/2007 and saw him play for Hornchurch against Welling last season. Silly young man if he's found guilty
  • Options
    Am sure I remember the name from somewhere... Bloody idiot though
  • Options

That was Jack Woolley .... so my wife says

• Options
    Kap10 said:

That was Jack Woolley .... so my wife says

I must admit I know that - an amalgam of Joe Grundy and Jack Woolley. I am an Archers Anarchist.

• Options
    Now another ex Charlton player - a striker, wanted by Police in connection with same match fixing matter. Not being named but was playing in 2006/7 season and loaned to Bristol Rovers allegedly. Dunno who that is.
  • Options
    PaulCAFC said:

Now another ex Charlton player - a striker, wanted by Police in connection with same match fixing matter. Not being named but was playing in 2006/7 season and loaned to Bristol Rovers allegedly. Dunno who that is.

Source?

• Options
    PaulCAFC said:
    That's very interesting indeed. Who scored more than JFH and Benty in our pre-season friendlies in 2006-07, then got injured and was loaned to Bristol Rovers? Someone here must have the record books....

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    James Walker?
  • Options
    edited September 2013

James Walker?

Possible. Did have a loan spell with Bristol Rovers and now with Southern Stars fc
  • Options
    He was the player Curbs released and Dowie brought back then went to Southend I think and they diagnosed a heart problem.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Walker fits with the info posted.

Pre-season goals that year - 3
    Loaned to Bristol Rovers.
    Played for Antigua and Barbuda.
  • Options
    I know Woolley and possibly James Walker haven't been charged as yet, but it has got me thinking about Charlton players who've had a brush with the law, either during their time with us or after. I'll set the ball rolling: Lee Bowyer, Ronnie Mauge, and poor old Leon McKenzie. Any more?
  • Options
    edited September 2013

I know Woolley and possibly James Walker haven't been charged as yet, but it has got me thinking about Charlton players who've had a brush with the law, either during their time with us or after. I'll set the ball rolling: Lee Bowyer, Ronnie Mauge, and poor old Leon McKenzie. Any more?

Jimmy Gauld
    Ricky Otto
    Len Glover
    Luke Young
  • Options
    Ricky Otto - but I think that was before us
  • Options
    BWP whilst at Sothampton - Toilet Seatgate
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Jimmy Gauld
    Ricky Otto
    Len Glover
    Luke Young
    Good thinking - and can we have a brief summary of their misdemeanours, please? Didn't our Len indulge in some 'Only Fools and Horses'-style handling stolen goods when he had hung up his boots? Did he do porridge?

Wasn't it noted on here a few months ago that one of our former youth players is on the run in the States, wanted for gun crimes?

• Options
    Kap10 said:

BWP whilst at Sothampton - Toilet Seatgate

Yes, what was that about? Wasn't he also investigated concerning thefts from the cloakroom in a Southampton nightclub? Did the case come to court?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasn't Jamie Stuart done for coke possession?
  • Options
    Cafcspud said:

Yes, I think you're right. And didn't we have a youth team player around 1990 (?) whose routine dope test flagged up coke and cannabis - was banned for a few months but the club kept him on and gave him counselling? Or was that Jamie Stuart?

• Options
    edited September 2013

Cafcspud said:

Yes, I think you're right. And didn't we have a youth team player around 1990 (?) whose routine dope test flagged up coke and cannabis - was banned for a few months but the club kept him on and gave him counselling? Or was that Jamie Stuart?

I think it was Dean something
  • Options

Cafcspud said:

Chandler
  • Options
    Never played for the first team, but former u18 Sheku Kamara is another

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheku_Kamara
  • Options

Cafcspud said:

shirty5 said:

Cafcspud said:

Chandler
    That was the lad! Whatever happened to him?

• Options
    Scoham said:

Never played for the first team, but former u18 Sheku Kamara is another

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheku_Kamara

Jeez. Eight years for armed robbery - that puts Kamara straight in at Number One in our league table of Charlton crims.

• Options
    I mentioned Lee Bowyer earlier - but has he ever been convicted? He was acquitted in the case of the assault on the student in Leeds, though the judge was less than impressed with Bowyer's defence and ordered him to pay costs. What about his infamous trashing of McDonald's on the Isle of Dogs at 3 a.m. - did that go to court?
  • Options

I mentioned Lee Bowyer earlier - but has he ever been convicted? He was acquitted in the case of the assault on the student in Leeds, though the judge was less than impressed with Bowyer's defence and ordered him to pay costs. What about his infamous trashing of McDonald's on the Isle of Dogs at 3 a.m. - did that go to court?

Professor Wiki has answered my question. Convicted of affray and fined £4,500. Also, tested positive with Dean Chandler (above).

• Options
    Shaun Newton (whilst not at CAFC)