Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

white goods needed

I'm having to move into rented accommodation & the place I'm moving into doesn't come with white goods. I'm probably ok for a freezer, but could do with a fridge & a washing machine.

If any lifers are looking to get rid of said items before mid October could they let me know - or if anyone knows of a good place to get these 2nd hand.

thanks.

Comments

• I'd check out british heart foundation shops. tested appliances and they do delivery for a small fee i think. Know they are in Bromley, Gravesend, Brixton etc. Not sure where else.

http://www.bhf.org.uk/shop/our-local-shops/whats-in-our-stores.aspx
  • Golfie, your Mum has a spare washing machine in her garage. Might be worth asking her !!
  • British Heart Foundation is a good shout. However, I ended up using Currys, because for a fee they will set up the washing machine for you and take the old one away. Only problem is the guys seem to have driven off with the transit screws which could cause I problem if I move. As I am also renting, the period is coming to an end, so moving is a real possibility.
  • Golfie, your Mum has a spare washing machine in her garage. Might be worth asking her !!

thanks bro'.........

• Golf, my parents are moving house on Tuesday and have a really good fridge-freezer they need to offload (less than a year old). Are you interested?
  • I have a couple of fridge's if you are still looking.
  • Saga Lout said:

British Heart Foundation is a good shout. However, I ended up using Currys, because for a fee they will set up the washing machine for you and take the old one away. Only problem is the guys seem to have driven off with the transit screws which could cause I problem if I move. As I am also renting, the period is coming to an end, so moving is a real possibility.

Fanny has a thought ....

Maybe the 2 of you could rent somewhere together !

You are both Addicks, both positive, happy people...

Ah .

Scrap that.

Seriously, hope you both get settled soon.

• Saga Lout said:

British Heart Foundation is a good shout. However, I ended up using Currys, because for a fee they will set up the washing machine for you and take the old one away. Only problem is the guys seem to have driven off with the transit screws which could cause I problem if I move. As I am also renting, the period is coming to an end, so moving is a real possibility.

I paid for them to install my new washing machine and dishwasher. The half installed one, decided they didn't have a pipe long enough for the second and then told me they had spent more than their allocated time at my house so had to leave. I complained to Curry's and got the installtion fee back but they didn't really understand that that didn't actually solve my problem. Had to pay for a plumber in the end and vowed never to go newar Currys again.

• Saga Lout said:

4 x 100mm x 12mm should do the job, b & q's if your stuck. ;)

• Golf, my parents are moving house on Tuesday and have a really good fridge-freezer they need to offload (less than a year old). Are you interested?

thanks - I;ve sent you a msg.