Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hello from China!

Hello everyone! I'm Jessie from China.I've been a Charlton fan for nine years.I used to be a regular member on the CAFC-FANS forum and moved to Addickted.net when CAFC-FANS was closed.(My username was Curbs4eva and hopefully someone still remembers me) I registered here two years ago but didn't really have the time to come on board and post.Now encouraged by a very kind member Ross (who also was a mod on Addickted),here I am with my very first post :)

Since the club's relegation in 2007,I've rarely got the chance to watch Charlton games live on TV or the internet.Championship gets almost no TV coverage here let alone League One.So the official site has been the only place where I get Charlton news.Now this site looks so lively I think it may be more helpful than the OS in terms of all the latest news,transfer rumours,etc.

Have to admit it's been some really dark years ever since Curbs left but I've never given up hope.If we manage to repeat what we've done last season,I don't think getting promoted to the top flight is a goal unreachable in the next few years.That said,I'm a bit worried as the team has had a series of poor results this season.Hopefully things will start to get improved in the next couple of games!

Comments

• Welcome Jessie, you are our third China based Addick on here.
  • Where in China?

As my name might suggest, I'm living in Kunming, after a year in Yangzhou.
  • A/S/L
  • Hi Jessie , welcome on board!
  • Welcome Jessie from another Asian Addick
  • Hi Jessie, are you young ? We old folk have followed this lovely family Club through thick and thin over the years, so never give up. Do you intend to one day visit the Valley ? If so make sure you let us know, and sit in the North Upper Stand for the best atmosphere.
  • Thanks for the welcome guys!
    JT said:

A/S/L

26/F/Wuxi,Jiangsu,China

Where in China?

Great to know!Are you Chinese or English?Yangzhou's not far from where I live.Kunming's a very beautiful city although I've never been there.Actually I was originally going to fly to Kunming for a meeting at the end of this month but it got assigned to another colleague eventually.

JT said:

A/S/L

26/F/Wuxi,Jiangsu,China

Where in China?

You have my attention.

What attracted you to Charlton ?
  • Perfect age ;)

Welcome Jsessie, Are you originally from China or did you go over there?

What do you do jobwise? Do you visit the England ever?
  • Granpa said:

Hi Jessie, are you young ? We old folk have followed this lovely family Club through thick and thin over the years, so never give up. Do you intend to one day visit the Valley ? If so make sure you let us know, and sit in the North Upper Stand for the best atmosphere.

Hi Granpa.That's exactly why I love this club so much.I originally supported Liverpool when I started to watch football games back in the late 90's when I was a little girl.But that only lasted a few years.The Premier League got a lot of TV coverage here so I watched many games and that's when I began to notice Charlton.They did very well under Curbs and I was really touched after I read a lot of the history,what the club went through in the 80's and 90's and what Curbs had done to take them to the top flight.I was quite an active member on the CAFC-FANS forum because I found that the local Charlton fans were a bunch of really nice people.Of course I've always dreamed of going to the Valley one day and meet all of you there.If I ever have the chance to visit England,the Valley is definitely the first place I'll go to!

• Sponsored links:

• Alright love
  • Granpa said:

Hi Jessie, are you young ? We old folk have followed this lovely family Club through thick and thin over the years, so never give up. Do you intend to one day visit the Valley ? If so make sure you let us know, and sit in the North Upper Stand for the best atmosphere.

Hi Granpa.That's exactly why I love this club so much.I originally supported Liverpool when I started to watch football games back in the late 90's when I was a little girl.But that only lasted a few years.The Premier League got a lot of TV coverage here so I watched many games and that's when I began to notice Charlton.They did very well under Curbs and I was really touched after I read a lot of the history,what the club went through in the 80's and 90's and what Curbs had done to take them to the top flight.I was quite an active member on the CAFC-FANS forum because I found that the local Charlton fans were a bunch of really nice people.Of course I've always dreamed of going to the Valley one day and meet all of you there.If I ever have the chance to visit England,the Valley is definitely the first place I'll go to!

Wow, just realised that I take it for granted when I go to the Valley every week and sometimes forget how special the place is, definitely one of my favourite places on Earth. Welcome aboard hope to see you down the Valley one day.
  • I am also in China at the moment, Vancouver BC to be precise!!
  • I'm wary, give it a few hours and she'll be after Millwall tickets.
  • I told you they're very welcoming on here Jessie!
  • JTJT
    edited September 2013
    Can we double check the IP please..then we can relax
  • RedPanda said:

I'm wary, give it a few hours and she'll be after Millwall tickets.

*Like. *

Welcome Jessie tho. and calm down boys.

• Curb_It said:

and calm down boys.

• se9addick said:

What attracted you to Charlton ?

As I said above,Charlton is such a special club.It never was a big spender in the Prem League yet look what it had achieved during those seven years.You may say the club is in the Championship now why I'm still attracted to it.Well,once you become an Addick,you'll never look at other clubs the same way you did.I've never followed any other teams since I started to support the Addicks around 2004.Like Granpa said,it's like a family club.I don't think global fans of MANU,Chelski or even Spurs will ever have such kind of feeling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ross said:

I told you they're very welcoming on here Jessie!

Yeah they are!Really happy to be on here.
  • Welcome Jsessie, Are you originally from China or did you go over there?

What do you do jobwise? Do you visit the England ever?

I am Chinese and have never been abroad.I work in the international business department of a Chinese bank.I wish I could go to England one day of course.English music and football are my two biggest interests.

JT said:

A/S/L

26/F/Wuxi,Jiangsu,China

Where in China?

Great to know!Are you Chinese or English?Yangzhou's not far from where I live.Kunming's a very beautiful city although I've never been there.Actually I was originally going to fly to Kunming for a meeting at the end of this month but it got assigned to another colleague eventually.
    Wuxi, with the giant Buddha! A lovely place!

The weather in YZ was too much for me, kunming is an amazing place, you should visit, in fact all of Yunnan is.

I'm English, I've been here for two years teaching English! How about you
  • Oakster said:

I am also in China at the moment, Vancouver BC to be precise!!

In which city of China?

• Wuxi, with the giant Buddha! A lovely place!

The weather in YZ was too much for me, kunming is an amazing place, you should visit, in fact all of Yunnan is.

I'm English, I've been here for two years teaching English! How about you

Yes that's where I am. Kunming's famous for its nice weather and I think you've made a very good choice to live and work there.Wuxi's not as hot as Yangzhou in summer but when it comes to weather and climate,it definitely can't compete with Kunming...
  • 你是中国人吗?
  • JT said:

Curb_It said:

and calm down boys.

That GIF made me laugh out loud for 2 mins. Evertime I stopped, I looked again and so it continued :-D
  • ^^^ Bit below the belt that, Stu.
  • hawksmoor said:

^^^ Bit below the belt that, Stu.

He don't want anyone else muscling in on his patch...............
  • 你是中国人吗?

是的!Wow,so you can type in Chinese!Good job!
    Oh and last time I met an Englishman here in Wuxi,I asked him if he liked football.To my BIG surprise he said he didn't! I was like 'Whaaat?I thought every Englishman loved football...' lol