Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ozil

A fantastic player which is what the "declining" premier league needs.

Hope arsenal get him... which looks the likely outcome.

Comments

• Looks like Ben Linus

That is all
  • Half the Bale money back........................Think Arsenal may be overpaying.
  • 1 good game in 4 for madrid, will he win arsenal the premiership- no way
  • Are they seriously interested in winning the Prem, or will 4th place and freezing Spurs out of the Champions League again be satisfactory to them?
  • Too pricey and a bit of a lightweight
  • Heard Man U got turned down with a bid for khedira.........now he would be a better signing for the Arse
  • Sorry but Ozil is an absolutely brilliant player. With someone like Wilshere along side him he could do some real damage for Arsenal. Players and managers rave about him, the Madrid fans were chanting his name when during Bales unveiling.

Best signing of the window if they pull it off in my opinion.
  • Agree with polo. An excellent player who is not even at a prime age. Still young, quick, excellent feet. One of the first names on Germany's team sheet.
  • finally
  • cafcpolo said:

Sorry but Ozil is an absolutely brilliant player. With someone like Wilshere along side him he could do some real damage for Arsenal. Players and managers rave about him, the Madrid fans were chanting his name when during Bales unveiling.

Agree completely.
  • Sponsored links:

• still think they have missed a trick not getting a forward in
  • Biggest Breaking News banner on SSN in the history of TV. Takes up half the bloody screen.
  • hope he is total shit and they have spunked the money
  • 24 years old too, got 10 years in him. Gonna be huge.
  • He's already huge - 47 German caps with many more to come.

I'm surprised that Real Madrid let him go, but needs must with Bale arriving and FFP on its way.
  • Massive signing, Özil is some player
  • As I said to a few Gooners yesterday, I dont understand their transfer policy. They're crying out for a world class goalkeeper, centre-back, holding midfielder and a centre-forward but they go and spend £42.5m on yet another attacking midfielder when they've already got one of the PLs best in Santi Cazorla.

They dont have a hope of winning the PL with the squad that they've got. Ok, he's a great player but that transfer smacks of panic buying in my opinion.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

As I said to a few Gooners yesterday, I dont understand their transfer policy. They're crying out for a world class goalkeeper, centre-back, holding midfielder and a centre-forward but they go and spend £42.5m on yet another attacking midfielder when they've already got one of the PLs best in Santi Cazorla.

They dont have a hope of winning the PL with the squad that they've got. Ok, he's a great player but that transfer smacks of panic buying in my opinion.

Man Utd had Rooney, Wellbeck, Hernandez etc. up front but didn't stop them buying RVP.

When a great player comes along you don't just say no.
  • cafcpolo said:

Sorry but Ozil is an absolutely brilliant player. With someone like Wilshere along side him he could do some real damage for Arsenal. Players and managers rave about him, the Madrid fans were chanting his name when during Bales unveiling.

Agree completely.
    also agree. 42 mill is obviously silly money & haven't seen much of him for Real Madrid but half the price of bale, they're near enough the same age and Ozil has looked the part on the world stage for Germany. He's an arsenal type of player and will fit into their system no probs.
  • He's an arsenal type of player and will fit into their system no probs.

He certainly has got a face which you'd love to punch. He'll fit in very well in that respect ;)

• Sponsored links:

• JohnBoyUK said:

As I said to a few Gooners yesterday, I dont understand their transfer policy. They're crying out for a world class goalkeeper, centre-back, holding midfielder and a centre-forward but they go and spend £42.5m on yet another attacking midfielder when they've already got one of the PLs best in Santi Cazorla.

do get the feeling this transfer is papering over the cracks. Can't believe they've not got a forward.
  • Nicholas Bentner is back. LOL
  • I think that this is a great signing for Arsenal, unfortunately. Ozil is one of the world's greatest players. I also agree that he seems an 'Arsenal type player.' I think that I shall grow to dislike him suitably anyway, particularly as he'll likely win the World Cup with Germany next year.
  • he's a lightweight, if he was that good madrid would have kept him.
  • edited September 2013
    JohnBoyUK said:

They need a creative player more than a striker I think, Podolski, Giroud and Walcott are all goal scorers but only Cazorla can really create. They aren't really many top goalkeepers out there to get, Sczezsny seems a decent keeper to me. Julio Cesar maybe for a season or 2 would be good for them but then they lose a prospect afterwards. Another centre back sure but Mertesacker and Koscielny are a good pairing. Holding midfield is another position that none of the top teams really have and Arteta is pretty good.

Ozil improves them far more than good players in any of those other positions would have done and more than Higuain would have done as well. Ozil, Walcott and Cazorla behind an inform Giroud will be frightening.
  • he's a lightweight, if he was that good madrid would have kept him.

Arsenal are full of "lightweights" it's another addition to their style of play

• I kept seeing Ozil's name getting mentioned by people saying it's ridiculous that Gunnersaurus gets sacked while Ozil sits on his massive salary, which is a ridiculous equivalence to draw anyway, so this is a nice gesture from him that also will hopefully get people off his back.
  • Yep.
    Fair play to Ozil.
    A huge own goal by those eejit goooooners 🙄