Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

End of Jol ?

likely after tonight i would of thought. 3-1 away to the barcodes.

Darren Bent is getting closer, he hit a post.

Comments

• No doubt the board are waiting patiently, watch this space.
  • What I cannot understand about Spuds is how Chris Houghton has survived about 10 changes of manager and 2 or 3 chairmen?
    Surely he must be the common denominator?
  • He's their Corry Gibbs, and has 'battling his way back from injury' since 1989......
  • I thought Bent looked a shadow of the player we had. He was there, but didn't look menacing at all.

Dawson's 1st touch was Paddyesque. . . .
  • bent has been dire since the move,sad really.
  • Bent's only started a couple of games and they keep chopping and changing their side way too much.

For my money Keane is a very good individual player but a very hard player for another striker to play with successfully because he wants the ball to him all the time and does not make space for his fellow striker with decoy runs.

As a result, I reckon they should give Bent and Berbatov a chance up front and see how they get on as a partnership, they might really click and would sure frighten a lot of teams with their pace.
  • I think the Bent-Berbatov partenership is proberly their best but Keane is the Captain so little chance he'll be dropped for the majority of games. But to be honest much as I like Benty I still want Tottenham to fail so I couldn't care less really.
  • spuds gettin on bentys back this morning
  • [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I think the Bent-Berbatov partenership is proberly their best but Keane is the Captain so little chance he'll be dropped for the majority of games. But to be honest much as I like Benty I still want Tottenham to fail so I couldn't care less really.

I'm with you mate, was in the boozer yesterday watching it and laughing at them and had a couple of them blaming me for Bent having a poor game!!

'Has he had the ball' I asked

'Don't matter, he's shit'. Was the response.

Not a lot you can teach these yid arseholes is there?
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]spuds gettin on bentys back this morning

Or to put it another way...Benty is today's scapegoat

Fickle pr1cks they all are
  • Sponsored links:

• who cares more to the point.

Another so called big club ruining the career of a promising Charlton player.
  • Come back Benty!
  • west ham in january...
  • Bet he wished he'd gone there in the first place now - poor love.
  • i can't blame Spurs fans in this instance though. Your club pays out £16.5m on a player, you'd expect him to be world class.
  • Well, if your club shells out £16.5m on a player, you could at least play him every week.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i can't blame Spurs fans in this instance though. Your club pays out £16.5m on a player, you'd expect him to be world class.[/quote]

Yes and no, AFKA. I think he will prove to be a world class player in time but he has only started a handful of games and the club and team are clearly in turmoil so its impossible to judge the bloke on that basis.

The fee is out of Benty's hands but was not unreasonable for a bloke with his record in a shite Charlton side.

Once it all settles down and Berbatov goes to another club I think that the pressure will be off and Benty will be back to his best.

Sorry to say but four strikers are never going to fit into two slots and that is a major factor in Spurs problems.
  • edited October 2007
    Fair enough I don't care, I just don't like Tottenham fans as they are deluded morons 99 times out of 100. They sign someone who has an excellent goalscoring record from playing on his own up front for two seasons in a shite team, then they don't play him. Then all of a sudden he becomes a bad player and the sole reason they are in a mess.
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]they are deluded morons 9 times out of 100.

Bit generous innit? :-)
  • Sorry I'll edit!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Fair enough I don't care, I just don't like Tottenham fans as they are deluded morons 99 times out of 100. They sign someone who has an excellent goalscoring record from playing on his own up front for two seasons in a shite team, then they don't play him. Then all of a sudden he becomes a bad player and the sole reason they are in a mess.
    Thats exactly my point all the Spurs fans I speak to still seem to be reeling from his miss against Arsenal. He's apparenty the worst striker they seen in ages. Problem is like with most teams the fans I speak to watch what they get shown on the tele and rarely go to the games so likes been said before they spout off the opinions of Alan Hansen and co. and think they're football genius'.
  • As above the armchair or public bar pundit is something that will get a reaction out of me.

Don't partake in football conversation with individuals who do not regularly attend games. It will lead to violence
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]As above the armchair or public bar pundit is something that will get a reaction out of me.

Don't partake in football conversation with individuals who do not regularly attend games. It will lead to violence

Agreed they are the some of the most frustrating individuals in the world.
  • Surely the reason spuds are crap is because at the begining of "Their season" the board undermined the living bejesus out of the Manager. Personally, I think this was an inspired move and look foward to waving as we float past at the end of the season!
  • If Spuds sell Benty we get the balance of the money owed paid immediately rather than the current £5M per year (of which Ipswich get 25%)

Every cloud
  • he will go to westham
  • Apparently tonight is his last game as manager.

Losing 2-1 at home, 15 to go.
  • edited October 2007
    confirmed he goes apparently clive allen temporary charge till the end of the season , jol resigned !!
  • Has given his notice to the board prior to tonights game.
  • is he in the dug out tonight ?