Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The rugby on Saturday....

Any news of the nutter who got on the pitch?...

We was robbed I tell thee....

Comments

• That was JIMMY JUMP a barcelona fan who does this on a regular basis.
  • i still don't know how dickinson, an australian, the 4th ref in the stands could give that as a no try. None of the pictures were conclusive so he should have erred on the side of the attackers.

I STILL THINK THE BOKS WOULD HAVE BEATEN US BUT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN INTERESTING REST OF THE GAME.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]i still don't know how dickinson, an australian, the 4th ref in the stands could give that as a no try. None of the pictures were conclusive so he should have erred on the side of the attackers.

Lets not do a New Zealand eh. Didnt give the try, move on.
  • shut it -

i said i still think the boks would have beaten us.
  • The pictures were inconclusive so the attacking team should get the advantage.....I might be wrong..

"the referee's a wan***"....lol

As for Jimmy Jump, he's lucky a player didn't clump him...
  • According to the Australian bloke who made the decision he had to do it using real time footage as he could not speak french to ask the producer to slow down the replay footage or show him it frame by frame which he says why it took him so long to reach his final decision..err....BULLSHIT!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]According to the Australian bloke who made the decision he had to do it using real time footage as he could not speak french to ask the producer to slow down the replay footage or show him it frame by frame which he says why it took him so long to reach his final decision..err....BULLSHIT!!!

What a nobby excuse, what have they done for all the other games then?
  • http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/7055964.stm

on bbc web site
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]i still don't know how dickinson, an australian, the 4th ref in the stands could give that as a no try. None of the pictures were conclusive so he should have erred on the side of the attackers.

I STILL THINK THE BOKS WOULD HAVE BEATEN US BUT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN INTERESTING REST OF THE GAME.

The stills in The Sunday Times showed that his foot had hit the line before he touched down.... It wasnt a try
  • having swigged tequila throughout underneath the eiffel tower,
    missed the train/ferry home with my mates, and drinking the whole weekend in a cold Paris with just a wig and a white jersey for warmth, paying 240 euros to get home, squeezing on the last eurostar.....well, I'll take your word that we should have scored a try. We would have lost regardless.

Summary,
    england football = bugger,
    rugby = bugger,
    lewis hamilton = bugger,
    and the coup de gras : charlton - bugger!

not a happy bunny
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm as patriotic as anybody but that wasn't a try I'm afraid.

The rule in Rugby is different to football. If part of a player's body is on the line in rugby it is out of play even if the ball is in play. As you know in football the position of the player is irrelevant it's a question of whether the WHOLE ball has or hasn't crossed the line.

We lost because we were less disciplined than the South Africans and so conceded more penalties. Unfortunately for us Montgomery (and Steyn) had their kicking boots on.
  • Forget the non try, the game was lost when the Saffas were picking off our line out at will, no matter what position we were getting on the pitch, they would win it back at the line out.

Otherwise, excellent performance, and really happy for Matt Tait, as the kid will go far
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Forget the non try, the game was lost when the Saffas were picking off our line out at will, no matter what position we were getting on the pitch, they would win it back at the line out.

Otherwise, excellent performance, and really happy for Matt Tait, as the kid will go far

Agreed that was another big factor.
  • We were roundly beaten by the better side...

at least they did'nt get a try in!

The plus being the future for our youngsters is really good. Two consecutive world cups give the management and younger players fantastic experience....Like Brazil in football, we'll get used to being there or there abouts...even when we aren't performing very well.
    Rugby is renowned for having a two to three year team cycle, or team shelf life. I believe the talent we have throughout the youngsters will see us challenging that in upcoming years. i hope!
  • I wouldn't say we were roundly beaten by any means....
  • When you have Tait, Hipkiss and Flood on the pitch, and the likes of Rees, Cipriani, Haskell, Crane, Geraghty, Lamb, Strettle and Allen, still to be included, the future looks alright.

BUT, the planning for 2011 must start now, nothing would give me more rugby satisfaction then stuffing the ABs on their own manor.
  • I didn't mean soundly beaten. I just meant that the better team won from the game...

They were just a bridge too far in the end....

still... at least Johnny let his hair down and had a few glasses of £500 champas with the princes...(so the papers say).
    He celebrates losing a final yet doesn't celebrate winning one. He IS from another planet.
  • Won't disagree with you there...
  • [cite]Posted By: fazza[/cite]still... at least Johnny let his hair down and had a few glasses of £500 champas with the princes...(so the papers say).
    He celebrates losing a final yet doesn't celebrate winning one. He IS from another planet.

According to the Sun/Mirror/Star... hmmmmm!
  • also according to Wilkinson's own column in the Times
  • Sponsored links:

• despite having one song,the atmosphere has been fantastic.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]also according to Wilkinson's own column in the Times

Just found that... decent article