Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gareth Bale

Comments

• Nicholas said:

He hasn't done anything wrong, what player wouldn't want a chance to go Real Madrid. Why cant he be honest with the club and say he wants to go to Real Madrid. I think it's a very respectable not to put a transfer request in, that indicates he wont throw his toys out of the pram if Spurs say no and will give 100% in Spurs shirt next season.

So much for that theory then...

Pure unadulterated shameless greed.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

And now he's on strike apparently lol.

You mean Real Madrid have made an offer for the entire Charlton squad?
  • Tottenham may fine Real Madrid target Gareth Bale after he failed to show up to training for a second day. Bale, 24, was due back at training on Tuesday after a break in Marbella.

"He is involved in a big transfer to Real Madrid and, if it happens, we wish him all the best, but the fact that he hasn't turned up is not the correct behaviour," Villas-Boas said.
  • Any fine would be worth about 5p to him!
  • This is true, the fine certainly won't bother him too much, but i don't see why Spurs should have to pay the bloke when he's refusing to turn up.
  • Nicholas said:

He hasn't done anything wrong, what player wouldn't want a chance to go Real Madrid. Why cant he be honest with the club and say he wants to go to Real Madrid. I think it's a very respectable not to put a transfer request in, that indicates he wont throw his toys out of the pram if Spurs say no and will give 100% in Spurs shirt next season.

Spurs have pissed him about. Chance to join Real Madrid isnt all about money, once in a lifetime oppurtunity.

Come on if you was in his position would you really turn that down Real Madrid for Europa cup football in north london.
  • Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Spurs have pissed him about. Chance to join Real Madrid isnt all about money, once in a lifetime oppurtunity.

Come on if you was in his position would you really turn that down Real Madrid for Europa cup football in north london.
    No I wouldn't turn down Real Madrid. However, absolutely disgusted with the total lack of respect that the likes of Bale and Cabaye are showing to there current employers. Have heard all sorts of stuff over the summer about how grounded and sensible he is - seems like yet another grasping little tosser to me. Hope he gets dogs abuse if he ever comes back.
  • Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Spurs have pissed him about? Oh come on. Levy is rightly taking his time to get what is the best deal for THFC. Nothing wrong with that.
    We're getting our deals done before he goes so we cant get dicked by inflated prices. Standard practice. Otherwise, we'd could be in the position of paying £35m for a player of the calibre of Andy Carroll.
    No one begrduges him his move to Real but you dont go about it by going on strike. By doing what he has done he is no better than Modric or Berbatov and has shown a total disrespect to the club, the fans and AVB.

And something not to go unnoted, its the NLD on Sunday. How are Real financing buying Bale? Probably selling Di Maria and/or Benzema to Ars*nal. Maybe/maybe not but its a possibility. Do Spurs want to let Bale go before the NLD because the Gooners could have one of even both of them facing Spurs on Sunday? We'll probably delay the transfer as long as possible so that they cant be registered in time to play on Sunday.

As AVB said in his PC today, more signings are probable in the next few days and when we've got them confirmed, we'll let him go.

Until today, I would have said that Bale would have got a hero's welcome on any return to WHL but not now. Today has changed a lot of people's opinions of him. Mine included.

• JohnBoyUK said:

Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Spurs have pissed him about? Oh come on. Levy is rightly taking his time to get what is the best deal for THFC. Nothing wrong with that.
    We're getting our deals done before he goes so we cant get dicked by inflated prices. Standard practice. Otherwise, we'd could be in the position of paying £35m for a player of the calibre of Andy Carroll.
    No one begrduges him his move to Real but you dont go about it by going on strike. By doing what he has done he is no better than Modric or Berbatov and has shown a total disrespect to the club, the fans and AVB.

And something not to go unnoted, its the NLD on Sunday. How are Real financing buying Bale? Probably selling Di Maria and/or Benzema to Ars*nal. Maybe/maybe not but its a possibility. Do Spurs want to let Bale go before the NLD because the Gooners could have one of even both of them facing Spurs on Sunday? We'll probably delay the transfer as long as possible so that they cant be registered in time to play on Sunday.

As AVB said in his PC today, more signings are probable in the next few days and when we've got them confirmed, we'll let him go.

Until today, I would have said that Bale would have got a hero's welcome on any return to WHL but not now. Today has changed a lot of people's opinions of him. Mine included.

Wasnt there rumours that Levy was holding out for more money from Madrid? and that they were stalling Madrid, so that they could conclude their own transfers before the sellers of their targets could inflate the prices?....i dont know how true those rumours are, but nothing would suprise me when it comes to money and Levy.

I dont think even Gareth Bale believes he's worth anywhere near 80-100m. He just wants a move to one of the best clubs in the world and theres games being played (im not excusing his behaviour for being AWOL)
  • John boy you never honestly thought he cared about thfc did you

Or the fans he is a footballer he goes where the money is and he did that to come to you from saints

• Sponsored links:

• Respect for Levy in standing up to Madrid & Bale and not letting them call the shots. If we had a chairman with that type of business sense we may not be f*cked financially! Fair play.
  • edited August 2013

Wasnt there rumours that Levy was holding out for more money from Madrid? and that they were stalling Madrid, so that they could conclude their own transfers before the sellers of their targets could inflate the prices?....i dont know how true those rumours are, but nothing would suprise me when it comes to money and Levy.

I dont think even Gareth Bale believes he's worth anywhere near 80-100m. He just wants a move to one of the best clubs in the world and theres games being played (im not excusing his behaviour for being AWOL)

A couple of sources have suggested that Ronaldo threw his toys out of the pram because he still wanted to remain the most expensive transfer in history, so Real downgraded their bid for Bale. Wouldnt surprise me. Nothing does these days. Have absolutely no doubt that Levy will let him go once we've finalised the deals we're working on. Had the Willian deal not been ambushed by Chelsea then it may have happened sooner. Hopefully Levy has somehow got Benzema as part of the deal. Think there's more chance of me winning the lottery than that ever happening though.

• JohnBoyUK said:

A couple of sources have suggested that Ronaldo threw his toys out of the pram because he still wanted to remain the most expensive transfer in history, so Real downgraded their bid for Bale. Wouldnt surprise me. Nothing does these days. Have absolutely no doubt that Levy will let him go once we've finalised the deals we're working on. Had the Willian deal not been ambushed by Chelsea then it may have happened sooner. Hopefully Levy has somehow got Benzema as part of the deal. Think there's more chance of me winning the lottery than that ever happening though.

How the other half live ...
  • John boy you never honestly thought he cared about thfc did you

Or the fans he is a footballer he goes where the money is and he did that to come to you from saints

Oh no, not for a minute lol. When I say he has shown disrepect, I mean from a Spurs position of negotiating the move. Everyone, including us, expected him to go. There was no doubt about that. There's a way to behave and way not to behave and he's crossed that line now by chucking his toys out of the pram. He was going to get his move. Well I presume he was and still is. But then again, this is Levy we're talking about here. Anything is possible. He certainly wont want to lose face.
  • Made me laugh...

• Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

I think others have answered that one for me Nicholas.

I would not want to play for Real Madrid, I would prefer to be part of a growing improving club (still earning stupid money) and be part of the team that gave them regular Champions League football, and potentially become a real threat to the Sky 4. But I am weird.
  • Lamela has signed deal worth up to £30m.
  • Nothing wrong with Levy trying to get the best deal for his club. I wish some of our chairmen had done the same over the years.
  • I heard on the radio the other day that Madrid are causing the hold up as they are trying to throw in a player as part of the deal but the player has an over exaggerated price tag.
    Aparently they do this all the time
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Sounds like pissing him about to me JohnBoy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well a white range just drove up towards the training grd past the boozer we are having dinner in at break neck speed my spuds pal who is with us is certain its bale
  • Tottenham going to spend a total of £97m on players so far Eriksen to join from Ajax.
  • A net outlay of 11 million if bale goes for the reported 86 million...they have done some very good business in the summer
  • Wow... Really rate Eriksen, if they get him theyre going to be a force to be reckoned with!
  • Half the Tottenham squad have probably thrown a moody at their previous club in order to get their big move to North London. Seems wrong to ignore that behaviour but then complain when Bale does the same.

Surprised Tottenham actually want him at training - would be a distraction for everyone I'd have thought. Guess it's just the principle.
  • Erkisen is a great little playmaker, top signing
  • Levi is a master of brinkmanship. Hope he doesn't catch a cold here though especially if he ends up not selling a player who refuses to play for the club. Something will have to give.
  • CAFCsayer said:

Wow... Really rate Eriksen, if they get him theyre going to be a force to be reckoned with!

Exactly what I thought. They've signed some players with awesome potential, but Eriksen is the next level. I really hope they get him.

PS Levy is doing an awesome job. Bale is contracted but getting what he wants, IMHO he should allow Levy to do what he needs to do and accept that he'll be in Madrid at the weekend. Acting like a spoilt child is a sorry way to end it.
  • I hate spurs. Hope they spend all this money and still win fuck all and finish behind Arsenal.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Made me laugh...

This is very good!