Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Job advice hgv.

I have just passed my hgv class 2 . Trying to find a job live in Maidstone kent , was thinking of doing some 7.5 ton driving before hand to try get a bit of experience . All the jobs I have tried to look for say I need drivers experience but I don't have any as I have only just passed , many of them also say you have to be over 23 but I am only 21 . Anyone who is in this line of work have any advice ? Would realy appreciate it. Don't realy no what to do not to confident going straight into class 2 but not sure whether to just go for it or do some 7.5 ton work.

Comments

• edited August 2013
    If it experience you're after pal, I'd say join an agency for the first 12-18 month. Money ain't fantastic, but for experience it could be handy for you. Good luck
  • BIG_ROB said:

If it experience you're after pal, I'd say join an agency for the
    first 12-18 month. Money ain't fantastic, but for experience it could be handy for you. Good luck

Wicked cheers mate will defo check agency's out , not realy bothered about money just need the experience . Appreciate it will defo follow that up

• No probs mate
  • You will need to take any multi drop work from the agencies be it luton or 7.5 tonne as from experience in recruiting drivers I would not touch a 21 year old class 2 with none
  • You will need to take any multi drop work from the agencies be it luton or 7.5 tonne as from experience in recruiting drivers I would not touch a 21 year old class 2 with none

I will litteraly take anything offered I no it probly wouldn't be very nice work at the start but I no I can't afford to be fussy . Will apply for an agency cheers for the advice pal
  • Good luck and well done for putting yourself through it
  • Agency is the way to go mate, you will never be out of work as a well referenced HGV positive man. Class one or two.

Get as much experience with the trailer as you can, they are bastards to get the hang of