Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

For Len Glover : Sad day for the history of this country

edited October 2007 in Not Sports Related
Brown has finally given over powers to Brussels - get rid of the mps now not needed anymore waste of tax payers money. Might aswell get rid of the monarchy it is agreeing to all of this. When will the revolution in the new European Union STATE happen I wonder ? Will there be a Castro, Ghandi, Gerry Adams etc... out there that will soon come up to the plate.

Comments

• he's a cheeky sod, its been done very quietly as well it seems.

anyway, politics is frowned upon on here so i'll run away now...
  • I don't know why anyone is suprised, he's a politician and politician = proffesional liar
  • edited October 2007
    drama queen!!!
  • edited October 2007
    I can feel one of those shitty Friday rows coming on here. If people want to talk about politics why the f**k don't they go on a political site and leave the rest of us in peace. I have my own political views but this isn't really the place for airing them.

Oh yeah, forgot - it's because they have an overwhelming sense of self-importance and like the sight of their own views up on a website so much. Sad.
  • edited October 2007
    Nah I think it's because they are bored at work waiting for the weekend and it's better than working. ;)
  • Why has admin got the Non Sports Releated option then.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I can feel one of those shitty Friday rows coming on here. If people want to talk about politics why the f**k don't they go on a political site and leave the rest of us in peace. I have my own political views but this isn't really the place for airing them.

Oh yeah, forgot - it's because they have an overwhelming sense of self-importance and like the sight of their own views up on a website so much. Sad.

it's more the endless negativity and cynicism - I love a political debate, I love a good rant, but this sort of stuff is like having a brick thrown at you, and then being expected to have a conversation with it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I can feel one of those shitty Friday rows coming on here. If people want to talk about politics why the f**k don't they go on a political site and leave the rest of us in peace. I have my own political views but this isn't really the place for airing them.

Why post a response to it then?

Take your "overwheiming sense of self importance" and sod off!
  • [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Why has admin got the Non Sports Releated option then.

Having a "Non Sports Related" category doesn't give you - or anyone - an automatic excuse to go on about your political views. Come on mate, it's all been done before. You've got your view, other people have got theirs and airing it all again on here isn't going to make a blind bit of difference.

Yeah, I "don't have to read it" - but that ain't washing with me this time. I'm a member of this "community" and if you ain't posting in the spirit of the site them I'm gonna pull you up on it.

Now, let's have some posts about the worst burgers at a football ground or something truly enlightening.
    ;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I can feel one of those shitty Friday rows coming on here. If people want to talk about politics why the f**k don't they go on a political site and leave the rest of us in peace. I have my own political views but this isn't really the place for airing them.

Agreed. If youre not interested in a subject dont read it and especially dont tell everyone why they are wrong to be interested in contributing to a subject that youre not interested in.

Smacks of hypocrisy!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I can feel one of those shitty Friday rows coming on here. If people want to talk about politics why the f**k don't they go on a political site and leave the rest of us in peace. I have my own political views but this isn't really the place for airing them.

KEYBOARD WARRIOR ALERT!!!

Believe it or not mush but I'm trying to do something for the good of the board here, but you know what - I might just do that with clowns like you about.
  • edited October 2007
    OK off it if you are the admin on this site could you remove my account and or block my external ip addresses that I connect to this site. To stop me posting. Many thanks.
  • [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]OK off it if you are the admin on this site could you remove my account and or block my external ip addresses that I connect to this site. To stop me posting. Many thanks.

WTF are you on about now pete? Second thoughts, forget it mate.

And as for you Dan ..... tut tut.
  • edited October 2007
    I did post a response to Pete - but I have removed it soon after because in essence I agree with Off_It in this instance.

All this thread would be is some people having a moan about the EU and then people like me (are there any? responding ... then repeat ad nauseum. Pointless all round!
  • Yeah ok off it you are right. Have a nice weekend and I hope WE win on Saturday.
  • "Tut tut".........?? Great reponse fella!

I would have thought you of all people would have understood the point I was making. Shame
  • [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite] get rid of the mps now

I agree. And replace with Valley McMoist and the rest of the MPO....
  • Turn it in, you're like a bunch of old hags arguing over a bargain in Primark.......

Think its Off It's pre-Friday lunch adrenelin nerves kicking in....
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]

KEYBOARD WARRIOR ALERT!!!

Believe it or not mush but I'm trying to do something for the good of the board here, but you know what - I might just do that with clowns like you about.

You clearly have issues and I can't be arsed to get into a slanging match with you although if all future topics need to be vetted by you can we have an official announcment at some point.
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]"Tut tut".........?? Great reponse fella!

I would have thought you of all people would have understood the point I was making. Shame

I can't agree with you all the time Dan - people will talk!
  • Sponsored links:

• See Offy, its not easy all this moderating lark !!! You're doing a cracking job !!
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]"Tut tut".........?? Great reponse fella!

I can't agree with you all the time Dan - people will talk!

Too true. Anyone would think Smudge had brainwashed you....
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]See Offy, its not easy all this moderating lark !!! You're doing a cracking job !!

I'm just trying to take a bit of the pressure off you to enable you to concentrate on your campaign to be the fans director old son.

I've been working on some slogans. Was thinking of something like, "He's short, he's round - he'll get you value for your pound - AFKA". I think it gets the right message across.
  • Whether your for it or agin it this treaty, constitution call it what you like will impact on our country.

It therefore amazes me that people are reluctant to debate these important issues in a civilised rational fashion.

I agree that personally abusing those that take the opposite viewpoint achieves nothing and would hope most people on here are above that.

Final observation for those who ask what has the EU to do with Charlton? Plenty but Bosman will do for starters.

If anybody is interested this site is very enlightening and you can learn a lot.

http://www.eureferendum.blogspot.com/
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]See Offy, its not easy all this moderating lark !!! You're doing a cracking job !!

I'm just trying to take a bit of the pressure off you to enable you to concentrate on your campaign to be the fans director old son.

I've been working on some slogans. Was thinking of something like, "He's short, he's round - he'll get you value for your pound - AFKA". I think it gets the right message across.

Sure you don't mean Euro Offy?:-)
  • "He's small, he's a hero - he'll get you more for your Euro"
  • "He's lacking in height - but he's up for the fight"
  • "C'mon Guys - Vote AFKA"
  • Thats what happens when you vote Labour...
  • [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]Thats what happens when you vote Labour...

It was the Tory party that took us into the EU...