Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mourinho for England

Go on the FA, do it, you know you want to.

Comments

• makes sense. we are hated worldwide might as well have a manager to play on it.
  • Aaahhhh....a call for the special one!
  • I'd back him all day long.
  • Think you've been sniffing too many car exhaust fumes Rothko.
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Think you've been sniffing too many car exhaust fumes Rothko.

Best available man for the job, players would raise to the challenge, and he'll have a big Phil effect
  • I like to have a Brit running it but hey why not Jose better than what we have at the moment
  • I reckon Curbishley... he would have shut up shop when we went 'one nought'
  • ha ha so true
  • Id have Mourinho like a shot.

Problem is we would have Fat Frank back in the side and he'd drop Joe Cole and Wright Phillips.
  • bryan robson
  • Sponsored links:

• Scolari gets my vote.
  • I really hope after McClown, people have realised that appointing English, doesn't mean pride and passion, it means clueless tactics and poor team selection
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]I reckon Curbishley... he would have shut up shop when we went 'one nought'

It never worked when he tried it for us......
  • an international team has to win the world cup....

....why can't it be us?
  • edited October 2007
    See, he's the perfect man for the job!
  • edited October 2007
    can you imagine his contract, back to the ludicrous sven days, unless he would agree to a sensible deal - no thanks (ahem I was talking about Mor)
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]I reckon Curbishley... he would have shut up shop when we went 'one nought'

And now he's managed a "big" club like West Ham he'll be seen as a creditable candidate. Plus all the West Ham supporting press would be for it.

Can't see Mourinho taking England over a top Italian or Spanish club. Why go into international management so young and when you can't buy your own players.
  • And now he's managed a "big" club like West Ham he'll be seen as a creditable candidate. Plus all the West Ham supporting press would be for it.

He was interviewed for the job while at Charlton, not after he went to West Ham.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]And now he's managed a "big" club like West Ham he'll be seen as a creditable candidate. Plus all the West Ham supporting press would be for it.

He was interviewed for the job while at Charlton, not after he went to West Ham.

I know that hence the word "creditable". Even Curbs admitted that the FA were only going through the motions interviewing him a second time.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]And now he's managed a "big" club like West Ham he'll be seen as a creditable candidate. Plus all the West Ham supporting press would be for it.

Thats is his point...he is more likley to get it now..
  • Sponsored links:

• Yep, but not because he's at West Ham, however by going there he has enhanced his credentials - saving them from what looked like almost certain relegation last season and we went down his feat in keeping Charlton in the Premiership for several seasons looks that much better.

I realise there appears to be a certain anti-Curbs sentiment here these days, but memories are short, he was a good manager for us for quite a few years. The Press likes to big up a character so maybe he took an unfair amount of the praise but I reckon he was the right man at the right time for us.

However he needs to win something first and I think England will delay appointing a successor to McClaren until after the European Championships. That gives the FA time to get the right person on board. Maybe Curbs should get the job after that person.
  • West Ham don't really want Curbs, so that would be a win win situation for them!
  • edited October 2007
    Cubishley for England with Day as his number 2, god it doesn't bear thinking about. We'd be better off with Mike Basset in charge!!

As Razil said, "the Special One" wouldn't come cheap but if we really want the England side to do well then we need a top manager. We tried to do it on the cheap with McClaren and look where that got us, a cut price Sven clone. Half the price, twice as useless!!