Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton 4 (yes, FOUR) Oxford 0 - Post Match Views

As my Bulgarian grandma used to say, "Blimey, O'Reilly"

Leon Cort MOM for Mrs AFKA, great to see 'The Pig and the Priest' on the scoresheet.

Look forward to hearing from those there

Comments

• Good win lads well done!
  • My flabber is gasted. I retract my earlier post poo pooing the cup exploits of the Addicks, until the next round.
  • Good match and good atmo! Noise definitely travels more from the lower,

Cort motm for me
  • edited August 2013
    Good win. Interested to know in particular,how Wood, Stephens and Piggott played.
  • Were gonna win the cup!
  • Well done Charlton. Proved a point and with a B team.
  • Excellent result in the end.

Professional four nil win without getting into top gear. Church gets two and Pigott his first senior goal in injury time. A very satisfied Addick.

No real stand outs for MOM but I'll give it to Pigott for working his nuts off for 90 mins and getting on the scoresheet.
  • A cup run!!

Any seeding in the next round?
  • Know it's home to a div 2 outfit but could it be that green Hollands Stephens and (cough) Cook outperformed Saturday's unit of Pritch Gower Hughes and Harriott??

Comments please from those who went please!
  • Excellent stuff. Good to see Pig had the guts to take a 90th minute penalty. Confident lad. Powell might have a few selection decisions to make in the midfield come Middlesbrough
  • Sponsored links:

• Comfortable victory and good game in which Oxford definitely played their part by coming to play football. Was encouraged by Sordell's cameo and think he will get us a fair few this season.
  • According to my father Pigott was mom
  • Church getting his first two goals for us after what sounded like a tricky pre-season and Pigott gets his first - that has to fill both with confidence.
  • Thought cook had a good game
  • If we lose to Middlesbrough on Saturday then I can't wait for the 'worse than Accrington' comments.
  • Thought pigott was ineffective first half much better 2nd. Other way round with Stephens, although he was the best midfielder out there for me
  • Any of the startinh XI to keep the shirt for sat?
  • edited August 2013
    Stroll in the park really and we can't say that too often in the cup.
    Hollands , Cort and Green were the pick of the players but none can come under any criticism really . Every out field player changed from Saturday and we strolled it. Very good .
  • jamescafc said:

Any of the startinh XI to keep the shirt for sat?

Hamer...

• Cook surprised me with how well he played, Pigott did well for his first game, and Church's two goals were very well taken.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for staying at home, AFKA ;-)
    Good result - delighted for the young uns and newbies. Now roll on Saturday...
  • Wasn't at the game so may be wrong, but am I the only one who would like to see Hollands play in central midfield this weekend if JJ isn't fit? Thought he was very unfortunate to get so few games last year (obviously injuries had a role to play) but he has plenty of good attributes. Hard-working, good tackler, decent passer and pops up with useful goals.
  • Holland's MOTM for me.
  • And is left-footed...
  • When's the next round draw!
  • Impressive throughout. Wood looked solid at the back, church took both goals well and piggott work hard and looked a handful. Looking forward to Saturday now. Thought Cort did as much as he could to earn a start.
  • Round 2 – w/c 26th August 2013
    Draw date: Thursday 8th August 2013, approx 1.30pm Sky Sports News
  • Dale stephens was outstanding along with hollands, both won the midfield battle. Kept and used the ball wel . Stephens out shone hollands in my opinion, hoping both of them can show this form in league games.

Special mention to green and piggot, both worked their socks off. Green combined well with wilson and piggot was a constant pain for their cb's.
  • edited August 2013
    who does everyone fancy getting?
  • Wasn't at the game so may be wrong, but am I the only one who would like to see Hollands play in central midfield this weekend if JJ isn't fit? Thought he was very unfortunate to get so few games last year (obviously injuries had a role to play) but he has plenty of good attributes. Hard-working, good tackler, decent passer and pops up with useful goals.

He put a good shift in today, good closing down and simple but effective passing.