Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ring Of Fire

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DNPhgzZMr_A

Have i misssd something why does this get sung at most grounds now?

I know im pissed most games but were did it come from who started it why does everyone (Except us no shock there sing it)

Comments

• Options
    Don't get me started on this
  • Options
    please enlighten me
  • Options
    we do sing it and it's shit!
  • Options
    It's a f**king Liverpool song, it should stay in Self Pity City and all that goes with it being a Liverpool song, and never be sung by Charlton supporters
  • Options
    i like it! its not a liverpool song is a johnny cash song.
    we sung/sing amarillo watever the f**k and thats 'a bolton song',
    we sing he plays on the lef/ right and thats a man u song,
    in fact im pretty sure that 99.9% of our songs that we sing did not originate at our ground
    its not like were singing youll never walk alone.

ill sing anything as long as it isnt racist of course. as long as our players can hear us and we are all having a good time......crack on!
  • Options
    How comes it become so popular so quick?
    When have we sung it away games?
  • Options
    It was sung at Stoke a few times

On the same subject of 'copying' others teams tunes, I wonder if we'll get a rendition of our version of FC United's tune to the Sex Pistol's 'Anarchy in the UK', I don't think this is too bad:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=95Vns7WohBU&mode=related&search=
  • Options
    D, D-D-D-D, Darren Bent - Best 2 and Half we ever spent!
  • Options
    VFR is a Forest song
  • Options
    We've got Luke Varney

Now.

That orignated at The Valley
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My problem about is all about Liverpool, don't mind ripping decent songs off other clubs, but Ring of Fire is very much a Chicken mourners songs, and very much about them in Istanbul and Athens surging at turnstyles and going without tickets.
  • Options
    it was way before that Rothers i believe.

i thought it was that the Liverpool team of the 70's used to play it on the way to away games - the fans got wind of it and hey presto.

as you say probably came to the forefront at the places mentioned
  • Options
    Whenever i hear it sung at England,it never sounds right. Agreed with Rothko that it should be left to the scousers.
  • Options
    Ok got it Its a Scouse song from the 70's

Why is eveyone jumping on it now whats taken so long
  • Options
    i thought this was going to be about curry.
  • Options
    ha ha yeah could be about teh curry i had saturday blimey that was rough
  • Options
    everyones jumping on it because the clubs are pricing out the real fans. and with them the real songs.. therefore at england games, arsenal games etc.. they johnny come latelys just sing what they hear on tv instead of singing their own songs. or making new ones up
  • Options
    Yeah True

MK Dons fans were all over this song the other week at Brentford