Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

nail your excuse (if needed) to the mast........

..............for leaving work early on wednesday to watch england.

no 'excuse' would be believed by my boss so i've just arranged to come in early.

Comments

• Meeting with my academic supervisor, yeah for a beer and the football
  • Same here-

start work early.
  • what time is kick off then ?
  • no excuse needed, I now have a 'meeting' in my diary !!
  • Have a meeting at 3 ;o) and playing dumb about the match. If someone mentions it i will start moaning and claim that i will try and catch the end in a pub near said meeting. Where as i will actualy have my feet up in doors with a couple of Stellas
  • won't be able to get out, but will have on in the office.
  • watching in the gym i hope
  • I'll be in Dublin - That should be fun.....
  • I have fortunately scheduled an exam for that day that should finish around 3:30pm.
  • Sponsored links:

• i will not be watching it
  • The joy of working at home and having my own business - can watch what I like, when I like!
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]The joy of working at home and having my own business - can watch what I like, when I like!

what time does the Georgia game kick off ? I'm more interested in watching that !! Watch the Ukriaine game on Saturday as the England game was sophorific boring.
  • I'll be working so no excuses.
  • I can't be bothered, TBH. If I'm home in time, I might catch the second half. I watched the Scotland match on Saturday. Much more passion on and off the pitch.
  • Haven't had the chance to broach with Boss yet, but I ain't missing it end of.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]I can't be bothered, TBH. If I'm home in time, I might catch the second half. I watched the Scotland match on Saturday. Much more passion on and off the pitch.

We've won the last lord knows how many games 3-0 and still people aren't happy...
  • how bad is the damage to qualifying if we lose ?
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]how bad is the damage to qualifying if we lose ?

we moscow out trying to win in Russia for that not to matter...
  • Lose and its out of our hands. Russia will be 2 points behind with a game in hand
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]I can't be bothered, TBH. If I'm home in time, I might catch the second half. I watched the Scotland match on Saturday. Much more passion on and off the pitch.

We've won the last lord knows how many games 3-0 and still people aren't happy...

As much as I love my football, I just can't get excited about the English National Team. Never been to see an England match and have no inclination to do so in the future. It's Charlton for me. Period.
  • Im ok, Insurance Brokers are expected to be out at 4pm.

First half New Moon in Leadenhall Market, back to the office for 10 mins and then back in the pub for the second half.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]I can't be bothered, TBH. If I'm home in time, I might catch the second half. I watched the Scotland match on Saturday. Much more passion on and off the pitch.

As much as I love my football, I just can't get excited about the English National Team. Never been to see an England match and have no inclination to do so in the future. It's Charlton for me. Period.

My position is much the same Valley.

I knew I could get away with either the football or the rugby on saturday but definitely not both as far as Mrs Len was concerned.

There was only one choice and the lovely autumn weather expunged any doubts.

I took her out for the afternoon so gained some credit points and arrived home just nicely in time for the rugby.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Lose and its out of our hands. Russia will be 2 points behind with a game in hand

and if that happened would we be out, or in a play off ?
  • out top 2 go straight through.Starting work at 6am finish at 7pm,those of you who don't work for themselves have got it easy.
  • I'm on my bluffy shifts at work I finish at 3:45pm so just enough time to get down the pub somewhere in the City!
  • will have on in the office - so not worried about finishing early

Can I assume it is on Sky please someone tell me sky sports 1
  • Yep it's on SKY
  • I'm on flexi time so i can get out at 3.45,i'll find pub near london bridge and watch it there.
  • flexi time how about do no bloody work time.

Anyway you haven't sent me an y games lately - got bored of the helicopter one. i know i said stop but i lied