Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

QPR's ticket prices for away fans 13/14.

Upper is £30 Adults £20 16-21 & O60 £15 U16's

Lower is £25 Adults £15 16-21 & O60 £12 U16's

Not as bad as I feared, I'll be surprised if we don't sell out at those prices.

Comments

• Really looking forward to qpr was hoping for a midweek game as i work a stones throw from the ground.
  • reasonable enough considering we were charged £30 the season we went down which was four years ago now?

£25 for the lower might well tempt me for this game
  • Only ever been on the lower but does anyone know what the School end upper (gold) seats are like?
  • Only ever been on the lower but does anyone know what the School end upper (gold) seats are like?

Gold.

If you sit more than 4-5 rows back you can't see the goal.

Hate Loftus Rd with a passion. Absolute pit of a ground.
  • Right, sothe gold seats are the first few rows, cheers, I've been on the lower tier but it's so low down!

Gold.

;)
  • edited July 2013
    You really need to be in the front couple of rows in the upper & the front 5/6 in the lower. Further back in the upper & you can't see the goal line below you. Further back in the lower & you can't see the ball if it's more than about 12ft in the air (i.e. You lose crosses coming over).

Basically, it's not a bad stadium...if you get to sit along the sides!!

;-)
  • Thought we was going to see £50
  • TelMc32 said:

You really need to be in the front couple of rows in the upper & the front 5/6 in the lower. Further back in the upper & you can't see the goal line below you. Further back in the lower & you can't see the ball if it's more than about 12ft in the air (i.e. You lose crosses coming over).

Basically, it's not a bad stadium...if you get to sit along the sides!!

;-)

I remember that place when it was fences and a plastic pitch. It obviously hasn't improved much.

• Sponsored links:

• It's not so much the price at QPHa which makes me seethe but the inadequate number of turnstiles at each side of our end. There is always a long queue and unless you are there with 20 minutes to go, you miss kick-off. A couple of years back in a night game I actually left the pub ten minutes earlier than normal but still missed kick-off because only one or two turnstiles were manned/womanned.

All seats in the away end offer an atrocious view.

All seats in the away end offer an atrocious view.
    No-one sits down anyway.

Yep, absolute crap ground. For some reason I really, really dislike QPR.

Yep, absolute crap ground. For some reason I really, really dislike QPR.

Yes, it's a real hole. I remember being there when they had that ghastly plastic surface like a nylon carpet and the players wore gym-shoes. Lost 4-0 or 4-1. Bastards.

• Subuteo ground, old third division ground, always was always will be. Glad I'm a concession these days feel sorry for the workers.
  • I've just looked up the records. I was there - 2nd Division, 20 March 1982. We hadn't lost since 19 December, a run of 12 games. Got beaten 4-0 on their horrible nylon carpet. And we won only once in the remaining 10 games! Complete and utter bastards.
  • Absolute shit ground and laughable club. Hope we beat and finish about them.
  • I recall a 4-1 defeat on the carpet

That was in 1982, Muttley, and I was there: the whole place was an utter disgrace - it was a horrendous nylon carpet with our players in gym-shoes risking skid marks if they made a sliding tackle. I watched that gig by craning my neck around someone's head and through four wire fences - and if the ball went more than six feet high at our end it was obscured by the projecting upper tier. Not good.
  • Sponsored links:

That was in 1982, Muttley, and I was there: the whole place was an utter disgrace - it was a horrendous nylon carpet with our players in gym-shoes risking skid marks if they made a sliding tackle. I watched that gig by craning my neck around someone's head and through four wire fences - and if the ball went more than six feet high at our end it was obscured by the projecting upper tier. Not good.
    QPR away in 82' must haunt you, now I know why you choose your username lol.
  • edited July 2013

I recall a 4-1 defeat on the carpet

Operationpig - The view from the away end at QPR is a glorious, sweeping vista compared to the old Millwall Den in Cold Blow Lane - did you ever do that? We were all crammed in to a corner bit of terracing, behind a floodlight pylon which itself was mounted on a concrete base - and that took up half of our space. If you could peer round this monstrous obstruction, you were looking at security fences - and beyond that you might glimpse a bit of turf. I remember especially a game in the 1980s when we were two-nil up and caved in at the death for a draw. What was also extraordinary was the approach to the two turnstiles: from Ilderton Road across a scrubby wasteland, with a spaghetti of railway lines flying about on dark brick arches - like Lowry's north in the 1930s! Oh, and a poor chap actually got stuck in one of the turnstiles - Who ate all the pies? - simply could not go in or out. An ambulance was called to free him...

Operationpig - The view from the away end at QPR is a glorious, sweeping vista compared to the old Millwall Den in Cold Blow Lane - did you ever do that? We were all crammed in to a corner bit of terracing, behind a floodlight pylon which itself was mounted on a concrete base - and that took up half of our space. If you could peer round this monstrous obstruction, you were looking at security fences - and beyond that you might glimpse a bit of turf. I remember especially a game in the 1980s when we were two-nil up and caved in at the death for a draw. What was also extraordinary was the approach to the two turnstiles: from Ilderton Road across a scrubby wasteland, with a spaghetti of railway lines flying about on dark brick arches - like Lowry's north in the 1930s! Oh, and a poor chap actually got stuck in one of the turnstiles - Who ate all the pies? - simply could not go in or out. An ambulance was called to free him...

Went to the old den a few times, and agree it was awful, in fact I'd take LR anyday then the old den, it was horrible in every way, from it's surroundings outside to the view from the cramped corner with missiles being hurled at you constantly from the left to going home through the tunnel.

Last time I was there we was 2-0 up then lost 4-2!
  • edited July 2013

Went to the old den a few times, and agree it was awful, in fact I'd take LR anyday then the old den, it was horrible in every way, from it's surroundings outside to the view from the cramped corner with missiles being hurled at you constantly from the left to going home through the tunnel.

Oh God, yes! We did it, and survived - somehow! I went to see our reserves at Maidstone last Saturday in their tidy new ground, and being there reminded me of the FA Cup tie in 1979, famously when Killer and Flash had a bit of fisticuffs - and I went to the replay, too. Do you remember that? An evening in January, at Maidstone's old London Road ground: ten-and-a-half thousand of us packed in. The atmosphere was electric, because of what had happened at The Valley - both Halesy and Flanagan were suspended of course - a punch-up between players on the same team was unprecedented. One of our fans climbed up a pillar and on to the roof of the stand, which he methodically set about dismantling, throwing sheets of corrugated iron over the garden fence - while a copper looked up at him and said "Come down now, son." And do you remember the floodlights failed near the end, and the ref took the players off and we all trooped out of the ground assuming an abandonment - and then they came on again and we all trooped back in! We scraped a win - 2-1. Good days: tough and lovely.

• edited July 2013

Oh God, yes! We did it, and survived - somehow! I went to see our reserves at Maidstone last Saturday in their tidy new ground, and being there reminded me of the FA Cup tie in 1979, famously when Killer and Flash had a bit of fisticuffs - and I went to the replay, too. Do you remember that? An evening in January, at Maidstone's old London Road ground: ten-and-a-half thousand of us packed in. The atmosphere was electric, because of what had happened at The Valley - both Halesy and Flanagan were suspended of course - a punch-up between players on the same team was unprecedented. One of our fans climbed up a pillar and on to the roof of the stand, which he methodically set about dismantling, throwing sheets of corrugated iron over the garden fence - while a copper looked up at him and said "Come down now, son." And do you remember the floodlights failed near the end, and the ref took the players off and we all trooped out of the ground assuming an abandonment - and then they came on again and we all trooped back in! We scraped a win - 2-1. Good days: tough and lovely.

Viewfinder just thought i'd let you know that operationpig is a Sheffield Wednesday fan, if you didn't know already. But he is a closet Addick so he might remember some of that stuff ;-)

• The reduced ticket price due to a restricted view started when some Leicester fans complained to millwall/FA (?) about the view. People harp on about the glory days but it wasn't as rosey as people make it out to be.
  • CAFCdamo said:

Viewfinder just thought i'd let you know that operationpig is a Sheffield Wednesday fan, if you didn't know already. But he is a closet Addick so he might remember some of that stuff ;-)

Thanks for the tip, damo. I'm a kind-hearted fellow, so I'll forgive operationpig for being a Massive supporter. What's his opinion of our new recruit?

Remember that, was probably why so many Charlton stood along the side.
  • CAFCdamo said:

Thanks for the tip, damo. I'm a kind-hearted fellow, so I'll forgive operationpig for being a Massive supporter. What's his opinion of our new recruit?

You seem to be signing decent players like Wood, I'm jealous!
  • Really looking forward to this game. And for £20 too can't complain.