Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

fifa confederation cup

15678911»

Comments

• I know it's a year away but I can't see Brazil winning their own WC with this team.

Really?

Quote from 5 days ago. Nice one.
  • The amazing atmosphere generated by the crowd carried Brazil, they were so up for it.

Going to be very hard to beat them if the atmospheres are like that next summer.
  • Was a really good tournament i thought some seriously unmatched teams but brilliant for their players to grace stadiums like that and to play against some of tge biggest names in football

I dont think i will ever see a game like japan vs italy again tbh by far the best international game i have watched

Culiminating in that final which was a great
    Match

Neymar was undoubtedly the star of the whole show but he is never going to endear himself to everyone
  • I was initially very unconvinced by Neymar's ability to be a 'top player' in the world game, and I still am to an extent. He can certainly score goals, but his all round play needs quite a bit of work.

Saying that, his goal record for Brazil is very impressive. 24 goals in 39 caps. Not bad for someone who has just turned 21.
  • edited July 2013
    Now going to be even more pressure for him to perform next year and i wonder how he will handle it after a whole season in Spain where he's not guaranteed a starting place every week like he has been at Santos
  • Maybe his all round play hasn't fully developed yet but what stands out is his goal scoring record overall and in this tournament. We now know that If you give Neymar chances then Neymar scores goals. That will be priceless to Brazil next year.
  • The confed was a really enjoyable tournament with most teams playing open, attacking football(except Spain, of course). Player of the tournament has to be either Fred for the amount of goals he scored or De Rossi for his performances against Japan and Spain. I still remain unconvinced by Neymar: he clearly has technique but his decision making is really poor and it's a joke that anyone considers him to be anywhere near one of the worlds best players.
  • When u score goals like him the decision making is forgotten
  • Jaddick said:

I know Chelsea season ticket holders and they love him just think he needs to develop some consistency, he certainly isn't crap. On his day (which isn't once a blue moon) he is the best centre back in the world and if you watch him more than a couple of highlights on MOTD you'd see the progression he's already made.

He was excellent tonight and looks even better when forming a good understanding with a(nother) world class centre back. I agree that he always does keep you on your toes and needs to improve in concentration and general football understanding but apart from the likes of Chiellini, Silva, Hummels, Kompany and Vidic you'd struggle to name a lot of central defenders better than him. I haven't even mentioned what he gives you going forward too...

I stopped reading after you used the words "best centre back in the world". Absolutely delusional.
  • banknote said:

The confed was a really enjoyable tournament with most teams playing open, attacking football(except Spain, of course). Player of the tournament has to be either Fred for the amount of goals he scored or De Rossi for his performances against Japan and Spain. I still remain unconvinced by Neymar: he clearly has technique but his decision making is really poor and it's a joke that anyone considers him to be anywhere near one of the worlds best players.

I really liked Paulhino too !
  • Sponsored links:

• Luiz is certainly not shite

If he was good, people wouldn't keep talking about his "susceptibility to making mistakes". Just because he is tidy with the ball at his feet does not mean he's a good defender. He's crap.

If you know any Chelsea season ticket holders, ask them what they think of him.
    I asked 3, they all love him! Plus I never said he was a great defender, but still, to label a Champions League winning CB crap is laughable.
  • Jaddick said:

I know Chelsea season ticket holders and they love him just think he needs to develop some consistency, he certainly isn't crap. On his day (which isn't once a blue moon) he is the best centre back in the world and if you watch him more than a couple of highlights on MOTD you'd see the progression he's already made.

He was excellent tonight and looks even better when forming a good understanding with a(nother) world class centre back. I agree that he always does keep you on your toes and needs to improve in concentration and general football understanding but apart from the likes of Chiellini, Silva, Hummels, Kompany and Vidic you'd struggle to name a lot of central defenders better than him. I haven't even mentioned what he gives you going forward too...

I stopped reading after you used the words "best centre back in the world". Absolutely delusional.
    what makes your opinion right?
  • Jaddick said:

What makes yours right? You've just called mine laughable you moron. Make your mind up. We don't agree, I'll accept that.
  • Jaddick said:

What makes yours right? You've just called mine laughable you moron. Make your mind up. We don't agree, I'll accept that.
    It is laughable you muppet. Chelsea paid £25 mil for him and Barca, Bayern, Real and PSG want him for £35 mil. Mourinho and Scolari rate him highly, as it seems does Ancelotti, Guardiola etc. They rate him, you don't. Their opinion probably slightly more reliable ;)
  • edited July 2013

Jaddick said:

It is laughable you muppet. Chelsea paid £25 mil for him and Barca, Bayern, Real and PSG want him for £35 mil. Mourinho and Scolari rate him highly, as it seems does Ancelotti, Guardiola etc. They rate him, you don't. Their opinion probably slightly more reliable ;)
    Superb logic, as expected. Torres cost twice as much as Luiz so he must be twice as good. I suppose Barca, Bayern, Real and PSG's representatives have all come out and said they want Luiz as well.

Mourinho has said he rates Luiz too, has he? Where, I wonder.
  • as expected? Who do you think you are? Thats not the way it works is it, but there seems to be clear interest. I hate people who just think their opinion is right.
  • edited July 2013

as expected? Who do you think you are? Thats not the way it works is it, but there seems to be clear interest. I hate people who just think their opinion is right.

I hate idiots who can't substantiate things they say. And who do I think I am? Just your average football fan, thanks for asking.
  • another keyboard warrior just thinking its ok to name call lol? People like you just make me laugh. No need to be disrespectful but hey, if it keeps you happy. All I was saying is that Luiz is not shite. You don't become a Chelsea and Brazil regular winning trophies if you're shite. You said what makes my opinion right but I don't remember giving one - please correct me if I am wrong. For the record, I completely agree about his mistakes, they are stopping him from becoming a quality player. But that doesn't make him shite.
  • Ding fucking ding

Times up

How you can argue over a chelski mug on a charlton message board with such anger is stupid

Now off your stools rd 2

• edited July 2013

Ding fucking ding

Times up

How you can argue over a chelski mug on a charlton message board with such anger is stupid

Now off your stools rd 2

No anger whatsoever but thanks Mickey Vann.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ding fucking ding

Times up

Now off your stools rd 2

No anger whatsoever but thanks Mickey Vann.
    More like mickey mouse