Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Russians in for Charlton as Jimenez looks to sell to consortium

Comments

• Oh god. here we go again !
  • The russians are coming?

Don't be daft man its the Daily Mail!
  • And I thought KOC Holdings was just a joke!
  • Could be some good vodka on the way.
  • I think this fella might be involved?

• Vodka and Redbull at HT!
  • This will take the attention away from the transfer window for a day or so.
  • I think this report may be a little out of touch.

I really wouldn't have you hopes up on anything investment wise happenibg soon.

As you were gents.....
  • I'm surprised this thread hasn't had more views. I would have expected it to be hysterical on here by now. Wonder what Into The Valley has to say about it..
  • Sponsored links:

• It happened on my Football Manager save game.

That's as much as I know.
  • The daily mail link is even more controversial than the story.
  • Red Army !!
  • So let's get this straight .... from the roaring bonfire of the Cyprus banking crisis Russian investors have raked out some slightly singed bundles of banknotes which they now propose to invest in the safe-as-houses English Championship. Those boys need more help than we do !!
  • edited June 2013
    Call me cynical , but would the board put a story out to the press , to make it look like they were doing something positive from the fans point of view , I won't believe a shred of it until / if it happens, we've been here too many times with too many rumours, best to treat this one as a laugh,

Reading between the lines we are skint , and will not be pushing on in terms of transfer signings this Summer again, best to keep hopes and expectations low.

Failing that, keep next Summer free boys, as we're going on a preseason tour of mother Russia!
  • RZA said:

The daily mail link is even more controversial than the story.

Yeah that's right, the story needs to appear in The Morning Star to bare and truth
  • BIG_ROB said:

RZA said:

The daily mail link is even more controversial than the story.

Yeah that's right, the story needs to appear in The Morning Star to bare and truth
    Perhaps the Mail would be more credible if they could spell Larnaca! Getting worse than The Grauniad that lot!!

;-)
  • Didn't Slater say the Koc rumours were fantasy?
  • Sponsored links:

• Does seem like old news, perhaps its been reigntied
  • Addickted said:

Didn't Slater say the Koc rumours were fantasy?

Didn't Powell say we had the transfer budget of Rochdale? ;-)

• edited June 2013
    "Jimenez, the club's majority shareholder, is understood to have held talks with the consortium, In a Courtroom, where Mr Jimenez has been for 2 weeks, who have business interests in Cyprus, where Jimenez owns property and a home near Lacarna."

• Story published on Club's Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/CAFCNews?hc_location=stream

• Its not the official facebook lets be clear bere
  • When was our 9 year stint in the premier league?
    The club spent nine years in the Premier League but were relegated in 2007 then slumped to League One.
  • They forgot the first relegation in '99
  • Call me cynical , but would the board put a story out to the press , to make it look like they were doing something positive from the fans point of view , I won't believe a shred of it until / if it happens, we've been here too many times with too many rumours, best to treat this one as a laugh,

Reading between the lines we are skint , and will not be pushing on in terms of transfer signings this Summer again, best to keep hopes and expectations low.

Failing that, keep next Summer free boys, as we're going on a preseason tour of mother Russia!

I imagine if the board did release it , it would have it's facts straight and correct , like said above about the 9 year stint in the premiership , surely the owners would know it's 7 years ?
  • WSS said:

Addickted said:

Didn't Slater say the Koc rumours were fantasy?

Didn't Powell say we had the transfer budget of Rochdale? ;-)

Yeah, Spartak Rochdale, massive up and coming Russian superclub