Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southampton away

edited October 2007 in Match Day Travel
Sat 3rd November, tickets £24 and £10 U16s, and straight on general sale.

Should be a decent turnout for this one, easy to get to, lots of ok pubs and a decent atmosphere in the away end.

Comments

• I hope you're right, but I'm afraid I don't share your optimism mate. Can't see us taking any more than 1500.
  • It's a miserable ground in the back end of nowhere too, as I remember - not as bad as Coventry, but still pretty grim.
  • [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]It's a miserable ground in the back end of nowhere too, as I remember - not as bad as Coventry, but still pretty grim.

its less than five min walk from the city centre ? and less than 10 mins from the station ? i'm sure
  • Yeah think you're right. Certainly no more than 10 mins from the centre/15 from the station.
  • Is it? I probably only remember going there on the park-and-ride bus, when it felt a million miles from anywhere!

Treat that as a comment about Southampton in general, then ;-)
  • you are right AFKA it is close by.

I am being tempted for this one - I think we will take a few down as well.
  • Should be a few there.

Looking at our next few away games plenty of excuses for a no show

Wolves - people will be put off by price
    Southampton
    Bristol City - midweek
    Preston - stupid ko time
    Cardiff - midweek and distance and likelihood of a shoeing
    West Brom - week before xmas, money.
    Norwich - too far for Boxing Day
  • I'll be at Southampton. May try to get to Ashton Gate as well, work permitting.
  • Wolves-Giving it a miss
    Southampton-I'll be there
    Bristol City-Been there a few times b4,might give it a miss
    Preston-Agreed pain in the arse ko time but i'll be up for that one too
    Cardiff-Shoeing schmoing,i'm there (My ex works in the heath hospital cardiff so i'm ok)
    West Brom-I'm in wales to see my little boy so i'm a no show
    Norwich-mmmmm
  • Sponsored links:

• I think I may try and get to the Southampton game. It's the thought of the 10min drive and being able to park within 50 yards of the stadium that's putting be off.

You are right though that the stadium sits in the worst part of Southampton (and before anyone says it there are some nice bits).

All in all I'm looking forward to a "home" game and after we kick there a*rses spending the rest of the week taking the p*ss out of the bumpkins.
  • Isn't Preston on tv as well?
  • Yes Chris. 5.20pm ko
  • Can't see many more than about 250 up there for that then
  • More like 750, I would think, as very few people have seen Charlton play there.
  • It's easy to get too we'll still be 1st or 2nd so I don't see why we can't take the same as we did to Coventry and maybe more.
  • I really believe our Coventry numbers were due to the new ground syndrome... I guess my theory will be proved or not at Southampton
  • not doing southampton as it's a bit far for me but will definitely be going wolves, preston and maybe baggies.

i really fancied bristol and cardiff at the start of the season but i see no way to do those now thanks to the brilliant fixture list... sheffield to either of them door to door will never be a 3 hour journey so no can do!
  • I'll be at Southampton fo sho.

Got fond memories of that place from when I worked there in their relegation season and they ain't a bad bunch saints fans and the city centre is food for thought for those up for an overnighter. Stop me if I'm wrong (Southampton addick!) but that polygon is the place to stay and is pretty cheap.

Only a couple of hours drive down the M3 either way M25 permitting.
  • I don't get to many away games these days unfortunately, but Southampton is really appealing to me for some reason.

Defo gonna make the effort to get down there for this one, as is a mate of mine who can rarely make aways.
  • Sponsored links:

• Carter (and others if interested),

done quite a few overnighters in Soton, mate went Uni there. A very very good Friday / Sat night out, we've stayed a couple of times at the Ibis which wasn't bad positioned, cheap and clean.
  • I think that Ibis is near where my digs were before. Neat the maple leaf???? I think thats what it's called, I'm probably wrong as I have a memory like a goldfish.

Right come on Medders do a roll call for this one. Who's rooming with me???
  • I'm on a freebie for this one. Sister's boyfriend is a director for the firm who do the programmes. Exec' box, free booze and grub all day.

Staying in the Novotel which my sis says is fairly decent and not too far from the ground.
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I think that Ibis is near where my digs were before. Neat the maple leaf???? I think thats what it's called, I'm probably wrong as I have a memory like a goldfish.

Right come on Medders do a roll call for this one. Who's rooming with me???

I aint, I know where you've been.

I'm out in Guildford on that Friday night, so I'll be going straight from there. Then have a 21st party on the Saturday evening, in the Poachers Pocket of all places Dicko!
  • Oh yes, I might come back with you for that. Poachers holds dear memories for me.

What are you doing going to 21st parties anyway? You're old.
  • Wolves is going to be a laugh! :D
  • I am having some of that, this'll be my first away since palarse!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Oh yes, I might come back with you for that. Poachers holds dear memories for me.

What are you doing going to 21st parties anyway? You're old.

Girl at my Mrs' work...

Poachers is a lovely place. Pint, punch up, kebab...
  • All within 20 paces of each other too, what more could you ask for??