Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bournemouth away advance purchase train travel

Two different train companies to use.

Southwest trains out you were/can go for £11 travelling on the 11.05 with Megabus back on the 17.59 was £5 back at lunchtime today

Comments

• But the Megabus will be with SW Trains are they're in partnership ;)

You can also use megabus to go to Nottingham as well later in the season

You can also use megabus to go to Nottingham as well later in the season

The TOC that Megabus have a partnership with are South West Trains, East Midlands Trains and Virgin.

• Can anyone find anything cheap that will get us into Bournemouth before midday on the Saturday then back home on the Sunday?

Cheers
  • edited June 2013
    SE10 said:

Can anyone find anything cheap that will get us into Bournemouth before midday on the Saturday then back home on the Sunday?

Cheers

Why not drive down?
  • Hotels are pricey that weekend
  • SE10 said:

Can anyone find anything cheap that will get us into Bournemouth before midday on the Saturday then back home on the Sunday?

Cheers

Why not drive down?
    Quicker and easier to get the train rather than squeezing everyone with bags into a car... Plus you can have a beer on the train.
  • Ordered my train tickets to bournemouth 25 pound return with megabus trains
  • Prices are going up & up. Just booked my £31 return at reasonable times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Driving down on the Friday morning returning on Sunday night staying in a nice b&b!
  • Got my £31 return tickets through the post today: 10-05 out, 18-22 back.
    Just need a match ticket now.
  • SouthWest Trains have the saver ticket if four of you are travelling together - works out at £24.65 each
  • Its the match tickets im worrying about how many you think well get? 2000?
  • Personally not booking anything until Sky have announced their live games for that weekend
  • Sheffield Utd v Notts County Fri 2nd
    Burnley v Bolton Sat 12.15pm
    Derby v Blackburn Sun 5.15pm

hopefully shouldnt affect us

IF the new South Stand isn't ready I think we'll be lucky to get 1200:
    Dean Court holds 9,400 and they have over 5,000 Season-Tickets holders (Apparently).

IF the new South Stand isn't ready I think we'll be lucky to get 1200:
    Dean Court holds 9,400 and they have over 5,000 Season-Tickets holders (Apparently).

Looking on one of there forums they seem confident that the temporary south stand will be ready.
  • I thought temporary stands went up sharpish. Sort of the point?
  • The stand they want will have a roof and a concourse. So might take longer.
  • Sponsored links:

• ChiAddick said:

The stand they want will have a roof and a concourse. So might take longer.

Sounds like one snazzy stand.
  • Sounds like a permanent, temporary stand to me!
  • edited June 2013
    Eddie Mitchell is pleased with the progress being made on developments at the Goldsands Stadium and says both the Club Store and south stand will be ready for the start of the Championship season. After planning permission was awarded, renovation of the Club Store began at the end of last season, whilst work on the 2400-seater temporary south stand commenced earlier this month.

And with both additions to the ground beginning to take shape, chairman Mitchell is excited about the current progress.

“Both developments are on schedule to be ready for the start of August and the home fixture against Charlton,” he told afcb.co.uk.

“I’m hoping the addition of the temporary stand will make the stadium more enclosed and more dynamic. Obviously it will stop the draft coming through too, but I just really hope it will make it feel more like an arena and a proper football ground.

“We still haven’t come to a decision as to which supporters it will hold – we have to leave that down to the manager really to have his say.

“We wouldn’t want to give it to the away fans only to find ourselves at any disadvantage at all, so it would be for them to decide and work with us on the numbers we think we are going to get here, to try and juggle things best for everybody.”

“The shop is also very exciting. We have a big trophy cabinet going in there so the boys will have to work hard to fill it up but we are going to make it quite a fun shop.”

With the Championship season just weeks away, Mitchell claims progression off the field is a vital component to moving the club forward.

“The boys did their bit on the field last season and obviously they have got to do their bit this season, but we have to do our bit off the field and keep coming up with ideas,” he added.

“We need to make the club more interesting, more viable and more profitable as well as being a great experience on a Saturday.”
  • Sounds like we probably won't even be in it if it is ready!
  • Mike said:

Sounds like we probably won't even be in it if it is ready!

No, but it should mean we get more tickets, if there are 2,400 of them in it :-)
  • edited June 2013
    Surely it would be better to have away fans in one end instead of all the way down one side of the pitch?

Mike said:

Sounds like we probably won't even be in it if it is ready!

No, but it should mean we get more tickets, if there are 2,400 of them in it :-)
  • Wouldn't be suprised if they stuck home fans in the new stand and gave us more along the side of the pitch
  • @CAFCofficial: TICKETS: We've been given an allocation of 1,447 for the opening day of the season at @AFCBournemouth --> http://t.co/n9hJjKXtrC (IL) #cafc