Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

AM - Arctic Monkeys

Personally I am a huge fan of the Arctic Monkeys, I have all albums, B-sides and follow the life of the 4 quite dramatically (Stalkerish I know) . There has been many critics who despise the direction the band have headed since the first albumn but I personally love the psychedelic and 50's rock stuff they have produced, and upon their newest single release ''Do I wanna know'' (If you havnt heard it, check it out) I love the sound of the new album they plan to release on Spetember the 9th titled AM.

Earlier today I also found out they are selling tickets for their UK tour at 9am next friday, which I will definately by trying my luck to purchase.

What does everyone else think of their music and if you have heard the new single and seen the new album listing, think of those?

Comments

• mr.se7 said:

Personally I am a huge fan of the Arctic Monkeys, I have all albums, B-sides and follow the life of the 4 quite dramatically (Stalkerish I know) . There has been many critics who despise the direction the band have headed since the first albumn but I personally love the psychedelic and 50's rock stuff they have produced, and upon their newest single release ''Do I wanna know'' (If you havnt heard it, check it out) I love the sound of the new album they plan to release on Spetember the 9th titled AM.

Earlier today I also found out they are selling tickets for their UK tour at 9am next friday, which I will definately by trying my luck to purchase.

What does everyone else think of their music and if you have heard the new single and seen the new album listing, think of those?

If you want tickets, you'll get them. They were good a few years ago.
  • Can't wait. Still the best band in the UK by some way. It's great that they've evolved and changed their musical style over the years to a more QoSA sound and not stuck to the same sound for 4 albums straight.
  • Loved the early demos, and the first album. Pretty much don't like a single song they've released since then.
  • Can't wait. Still the best band in the UK by some way. It's great that they've evolved and changed their musical style over the years to a more QoSA sound and not stuck to the same sound for 4 albums straight.

Exactly my thoughts. No one can get near them in personal opinion

• The last two singles are almost exactly the same song.
  • Love them. Great live band as well.

'Do I Wanna Know?' and 'R U Mine?' are both great songs as well as examples of how they have evolved their sound. they are the first two songs on the new album, so if the rest of the record is more of the same I can't wait!

'Do I Wanna Know?' and 'R U Mine?' are both great songs as well as examples of how they have evolved their sound. they are the first two songs on the new album, so if the rest of the record is more of the same I can't wait!

Unfortunately due to missing V festival and missing their O2 appearances through being on holiday I havn't managed to see them live yet, hence the excitement at the new album and tour release dates

Are they 2 parts of one song then because the main riff from both is almost identical?

• mr.se7 said:

Love them. Great live band as well.

Unfortunately due to missing V festival and missing their O2 appearances through being on holiday I havn't managed to see them live yet, hence the excitement at the new album and tour release dates

Also, they have played another one of the new album songs live at a Swedish Festival called 'Mad Sounds', you checked that one out?

• Vinnie V. said:

Are they 2 parts of one song then because the main riff from both is almost identical?

Nothing other bands haven't done over the years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pretty much copied Beady Eye's idea for the album title then.
  • Best band still making music imo. Suck it and See was a masterpiece in my opinion, up there with their first.

People complaining they don't make the same music they made for WPSIATWIN know practically zilch about music and are happy listening to the likes of liam gallagher droaning in their ears all the time about not having a job, when really they're millionaires.

If a band doesn't progress musically then it shows how poor they are as musicians. Reason I really don't like coldplay is their sound hasn't changed at all and yet now gloss it up with orchestras and stuff when really its fundamentally the same sound.

Suck it and See was proof they've matured as people and musicians. With each album they seem to be going for a different sound, which i can only admire.

Need to see them live very soon.
  • Vinnie V. said:

Agree, one sounds like a slowed down version of the other.

I believe they are tracks 1 and 2 on the new album...
  • Their headline set at Glastonbry tomorrow evening is live on the BBC
  • Vinnie V. said:

would be interesting, they're the same key and flow well into each other if you listen to them back to back on youtube

• Looking forward to the new album, love the new sound they're making. But probably down to my love of QOTSA and the Black Keys.
  • Never been a fan, always thought they were overrated.
  • Cannot say I am a fan myself, but what they do I think they do well.
  • Like The Kings Of Leon, early music was mustard, but not as keen on their later stuff......
  • BIG_ROB said:

Like The Kings Of Leon, early music was mustard, but not as keen on their later stuff......

Guess it all depends on the style you like, personally feel the latest KOL album is their best.
  • Sponsored links:

• I hate them and what they represent.
  • edited June 2013
    Love what they do and the fact that they are evolving...new track here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpOSxM0rNPM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • JaShea99 said:

I hate them and what they represent.

Puzzled! What do you think they represent?
  • TelMc32 said:

JaShea99 said:

Well if he means the majority of their fanbase, I can see why.
  • Love all of their old stuff and like the new direction they're going in.
    JaShea99 said:

And what is that exactly?

• TelMc32 said:

JaShea99 said:

The explosion of Indie/Rock music into the mainstream of the mid 00s when seemingly every band who had been knocking about in a garage for years got exposure because it was cool to listen to the genre.
  • TelMc32 said:

JaShea99 said:

Well if he means the majority of their fanbase, I can see why.
    I'm an old g!t...don't get that reference either. Write their own songs, play their own instruments...unfortunately come from Sheffield ( ;-) ). I judge the music I like on the music itself!
  • JaShea99 said:

TelMc32 said:

JaShea99 said:

The explosion of Indie/Rock music into the mainstream of the mid 00s when seemingly every band who had been knocking about in a garage for years got exposure because it was cool to listen to the genre.
    which is obviously completely their fault...

It will always happen when a new unique band hit the scene, a bunch of other wannabes pick up a guitar and try to do the same thing and record labels try and get their own version of the talent.
  • JaShea99 said:

TelMc32 said:

JaShea99 said:

which is obviously completely their fault...

It will always happen when a new unique band hit the scene, a bunch of other wannabes pick up a guitar and try to do the same thing and record labels try and get their own version of the talent.
    Not completely their fault but they're a product of it. I think you missed my point. I wouldn't call AM unique.
  • Talal said:

BIG_ROB said:

Like The Kings Of Leon, early music was mustard, but not as keen on their later stuff......

Guess it all depends on the style you like, personally feel the latest KOL album is their best.
    Indeed