Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Q. Who is England's most capped footballer?

A. Peter Shilton

End of.

Comments

• edited June 2013
    I saw that on the BBC as well. F'ing crock of sh't.
  • Would have won more caps if he and Clemance had not been playing every other game between them.
  • Off_it said:

A. Peter Shilton

End of.

Well he's England mens teams most capped player.
  • se9addick said:

Off_it said:

A. Peter Shilton

End of.

And therefore England's most capped player.
  • haha saw that. what a load of pony.
  • Whats going on here? I must've missed something.
  • se9addick said:

Off_it said:

A. Peter Shilton

End of.

And therefore England's most capped player.
    Haha, "this".
  • Rachel Yankey
  • Right and bobby charlton is not England's top scorer either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Respect what she's done by all means.

But don't compare it to the mens game, its a different sport all together.
  • Wow spot the misogynists of CL.
  • Disappointing read. May be a different game (frankly, not near as much as was the case even 5 years ago), but facts are facts.
  • The only part a woman should play in football is making sure her man's boot are cleaned for his next match......................................................... Before you ask, yes I'm single ;-)
  • uncle said:

The only part a woman should play in football is making sure her man's boot are cleaned for his next match......................................................... Before you ask, yes I'm single ;-)

You would need two women unless you only have one leg!

• Guess that makes my mate Dave England's all time record goal scorer then...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Clarke_(five-a-side_footballer)
  • edited June 2013
    Can not be nice for her that the bbc were forcing this tag of most capped player.

I am sure she agrees with some of the posts on here and it encourages negative comments about her and the women's game.
  • Can not be nice for her that the bbc were forcing this tag of most capped player.

I am sure she agrees with some of the posts on here and it encourages negative comments about her and the women's game.

You know what, I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

The BBC have clearly got an agenda to promote the womens game. That's fair enough. But why are they trying to make it something it;'s not?

As someone said above, it's a different game, so you're not comparing like with like and to suggest that she has "overtaken Peter Shilton's record" is ridiculous - she hasn't. (Otherewise, see Algarve's comment above)

And the result is that people - like me - think it's utterly ridiculous and tend to lose sight of what the real achievement is - she is the most capped England ladies footballer ever. Well done to her, a great achievement.

But please don't try and pretend to me that it's something it's not. That's insulting - to me, to her and to football.
  • Off_it said:

Can not be nice for her that the bbc were forcing this tag of most capped player.

You know what, I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

The BBC have clearly got an agenda to promote the womens game. That's fair enough. But why are they trying to make it something it;'s not?

As someone said above, it's a different game, so you're not comparing like with like and to suggest that she has "overtaken Peter Shilton's record" is ridiculous - she hasn't. (Otherewise, see Algarve's comment above)

And the result is that people - like me - think it's utterly ridiculous and tend to lose sight of what the real achievement is - she is the most capped England ladies footballer ever. Well done to her, a great achievement.

But please don't try and pretend to me that it's something it's not. That's insulting - to me, to her and to football.
    Where's Stig and his 'post of the week' image?

Spot on.
  • edited June 2013

Would have won more caps if he and Clemance had not been playing every other game between them.

I wonder if he would've broken the world record if it wasn't for Ray?

What we would do for one of them now...

Edit: The most cap player in the world has 179 caps (Egyptian Ahmed Hassan) Shilton had 125 and Ray 61. Lothar Matthäus had 150 which is phenomenal.
  • Sponsored links:

• How many international games per season do the 'ladies' play ?
  • How many international games per season do the 'ladies' play ?

• She must have gone through hell at school with a surname like that.
  • Off_it said:

How many international games per season do the 'ladies' play ?

must be ...
  • Off_it said:

must be ...
    5 minutes each half.
  • Off_it said:

Off_it said:

must be ...
    5 minutes each half.
    4 minutes too long .. I appreciate that I can be miserable old chappie .. BUT .. women's football on TV especially when it is pushed as a marvellous spectacle by the BBC (who have little other winter sport to put on) .. is just TOOOOOOOOO much. OK every 140 years in the Olympics .. but ......
  • BUT .. women's football on TV especially when it is pushed as a marvellous spectacle by the BBC (who have little other winter sport to put on) .. is just TOOOOOOOOO much. OK every 140 years in the Olympics .. but ......

The Women's League is a summer sport.
  • Would have won more caps if he and Clemance had not been playing every other game between them.

True but would not have won some of the caps he did win towards the end of his international career had the best goalkeeper (Chris Woods) been picked by Robson. Like Buffon he was past his best before he ended his international career.

• Is it Ben Odeje ?

Roy will know
  • Not related but....I've just read that Iker Casillas has 146 caps for Spain and has only just celebrated his 32nd birthday. He could potentially reach 200!