Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

More reasons to laugh at Palace

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/tourist-attractions-South-Norwood/story-19350847-detail/story.html#axzz2X8Z8qOUY

Remarkably, this is not a parody. For the real gold, skip the preamble and head for the top-ten list.

Comments

• Heavers Meadow is aptly named. Bluurrrrgh!
  • another f******g Palace thread?!
  • "Selhurst Park: The home of football in South London"

I actually wince whenever South London and that club are associated in the same sentence.
  • cafctom said:

"Selhurst Park: The home of football in South London"

I actually wince whenever South London and that club are associated in the same sentence.

"The home of football" suggests it's the cradle of the game itself. Judging by the cheerleaders, the horrible place has got something to do with American sports....

• *Facepalm*

This. Please lets have an amnesty on these palace threads.

No let's not.

How about you don't open them if they make you both so angry?

• cafctom said:

Me too.
    I maintain that to this day that I have never come across (other than at the valley ) a real life palace fan during my south London life time.
  • Jarman said:

another f******g Palace thread?!

No let's not.

Don't you think it gives the impression that we are getting a little bit obsessed by them? The odd one is fine...

• Jarman said:

No let's not.

or stop making one every 15 minutes that makes us look obsessed. its all getting a bit weird.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jarman said:

No let's not.

Don't you think it gives the impression that we are getting a little bit obsessed by them? The odd one is fine...

... But they are all odd.

• Jarman said:

No let's not.

Ok Nigel . Whatever you say.
  • There are far more reasons to laugh at ourselves at the moment unfortunately.

Agree 100%. Getting sick of these Palace threads.

• RZARZA
    edited June 2013
    Mr Bone said: "Palace are at the heart of this community and now when travelling fans come to watch their team at Selhurst they will visit the other places on our list."
    No they wont.
  • Jarman said:

cafctom said:

Me too.
    I maintain that to this day that I have never come across (other than at the valley ) a real life palace fan during my south London life time.
    I know a Palace fan. He's actually a decent bloke. I knew him a while, unfortunately before i found our he's Palace so i had to excuse him. Anyway he lives in Sheffield. My dad's old mate who's been lifelong Palace lived in Brixton!
  • edited June 2013
    ... Surely that's a piss take?
    . Brickfields Meadow: Completely un-signposted and nestled behind an electric works, this idyllic meadow includes a large pond – or another South Norwood lake if you believe the SNTB. Mr Bone said: "To get there you have to walk past the electric plant and its 48 'Danger of Death' signs. That's perfect South Norwood for me – a thing of beauty tinged with the threat of death."
    Norwood Junction Subway: The reinforced concrete foot tunnel is a one-off, according to the SNTB. Created to link the two sides of Norwood Junction, the tunnel features council-commissioned artwork. Mr Bone said: "It's impressive as well as practical. Of course it has also brought the two sides of South Norwood together a bit like East and West Berlin."
    Nobody, who runs a "Tourist Board" is so astoundingly moronic as to try and sell a place by comparing it to cold war Berlin and saying how "the threat of death" is a "perfect" representation of the place...

Football aside, that is bloody awful.
  • You do realise this is all tongue in cheek? Ian Bone was the founder of Class War and has ended up in South Norwood having previously lived in Swansea and Bristol. He's not known for taking himself too seriously and I don't think this does either.
    I wish the post office would allocate a CR postcode to that area though so we wouldn't have any more of this "South London" guff.
  • I'm all for laughing at the Freaks and Lord knows there's an abundance of material but let's try and go a day without mentioning Surrey's finest please.

And for all those who abhor their constant South London references. Come on lads, if they don't keep telling themselves they ARE SL then how are they supposed to believe it?! You want proof? It's on their shirt! Haha.

I'm done.
  • rananegra said:

You do realise this is all tongue in cheek? Ian Bone was the founder of Class War and has ended up in South Norwood having previously lived in Swansea and Bristol. He's not known for taking himself too seriously and I don't think this does either.
    I wish the post office would allocate a CR postcode to that area though so we wouldn't have any more of this "South London" guff.

If that's the case then that's top notch! He had me taken in well and truly..
  • Sponsored links:

• No. 6 does it for me. Going to make a weekend of it just to see the Norwood Junction Subway. I can't wait.
  • What will Crystal Palace supporters be doing next season?

Coming onto Charlton fan forums inbetween ultra dance classes.

"We don't care about Charlton, really we don't..."
  • cafctom said:

What will Crystal Palace supporters be doing next season?

Coming onto Charlton fan forums inbetween ultra dance classes.

"We don't care about Charlton, really we don't..."

They don't care about us mate! It's just a sub-urban myth starting in Surrey during King Nigel II's reign.
  • T_C said:

Laugh all you like but you won't have missed this bit of the article:

'From feats of architectural ingenuity to surprisingly scenic parks, South Norwood may give travelling Premier League fans a surprise when they visit Selhurst Park next season'

What will Premier Leagues fans see when they visit the Valley next season - oh! I almost forgot they won't be going there!

So carry on laughing until you weep.

I do love the regular Palace threads - keep it up

This thread had been dead for 3 days before you posted..

How long were you digging around through previous pages to find a reference to Palace? Not quite sure who looks pathetic now... ;)
  • I hate palace funnily enough ha, And i dont see nothing wrong with these threads i think there funny if people dont like them the title is pretty clear to what the threads going to entail, and as for palace they will be down end of next season, where as when we do go up i think we will have sustainability all they will have to show for themselves is a redeveloped ground.
  • Will you be giving parents and kids a few surprises on the train as well?
  • All these threads just give them more reason to laugh at us, unfortunately.Even though they're pretty sad coming onto the Charlton Life forum...
  • Latest from the South Norwood Tourist Board
    http://m.europe.wsj.com/articles/south-norwood-decides-london-suburb-holds-independence-vote-1410445066?mobile=y

Personally I hope they vote to go with Scotland and take their team with them.