Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

And the award for the Greatest Charlton Player goes too...

Comments

• hear hear...!
  • That 45 min cameo v Portsmouth was the best performance in any shirt, nevermind a Charlton one...... FACT
  • A team of Kermorgants.
  • Between pouso and bahgrei i cant think of 2 greater performers on our stage
  • Cory Gibbs vs Welling, best ever performance in a red shirt, FACT
  • Jim Stannard, goalkeeper v Cardiff at home in 1985. The score 1-4! For some reason, never played again.
  • Alonso v Brentford was pretty special!!!
  • Mikel Alonso really was something spectacular.
  • cafctom said:

Mikel Alonso really was something spectacular.

He's better than xabi..........
  • edited June 2013
    cafctom said:

Mikel Alonso really was something spectacular.

I took a photo of him at a preseason game versus Bromley as people were disputing his very existence , and 'phantom like ' appearances, unfortunately the photo was inconclusive evidence as his image came out darkened and unrecognisable, I'm still not sure to this day that I ever truly saw him play for Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Amdy Faye wasn't bad either
  • edited June 2013
    The way Alonso stroked the ball about against Carshalton was magnificent. After that I just had to pay tribute to him.

Just look at that pass at 1:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRr7eLvzLaQ#t=1m45s
  • Mike Small, the greatest centre forward ever to squeeze into a Charlton shirt, later vactated and rented out to "Jimmy Floyd money in the bank" with space still available for his ample frame
  • Surely Tom Hovi has to get a mention ?
  • Paolo Di Canio, total class.

Best player I have seen in a Charlton shirt in my 40 years supporting our wonderful club
  • Mike Small, the greatest centre forward ever to squeeze into a Charlton shirt, later vactated and rented out to "Jimmy Floyd money in the bank" with space still available for his ample frame

Yes, I nominated Mike Small for the Worst Performance in a Charlton Shirt award just the other day. Played a couple of games on loan from the 'Ammers, remember seeing him away at Millwall and was astonished by his apparent disregard for the offside law. Useless.

Yes, I nominated Mike Small for the Worst Performance in a Charlton Shirt award just the other day. Played a couple of games on loan from the 'Ammers, remember seeing him away at Millwall and was astonished by his apparent disregard for the offside law. Useless.

Was unfortunately at the same game viewfinder. I think the man had a slower turning circle than the titanic hence why he was caught off side so often. But he was definitely unsinkable due to having a greater bouyancy than the titanic.
  • Sorry if it starts a long debate as these things do but who really would be your greatest player?
  • Dick Tydeman
  • Sponsored links:

Was unfortunately at the same game viewfinder. I think the man had a slower turning circle than the titanic hence why he was caught off side so often. But he was definitely unsinkable due to having a greater bouyancy than the titanic.
    Yes, brilliantly described! I remember after several of our attacks had come to nowt (Small having played the role of disinterested observer), he would slowly amble in the vague direction of the halfway line, being technically offside all the while and thus preventing the launch of another attack. He seemed to have not a care in the world. Nor a brain, either.

Other notable flops: Reuben Agboola played one game in 1986-87; and Iain Ferguson one game in 1989-90 while on loan from Hearts before doing a runner back over the border.

• Sorry if it starts a long debate as these things do but who really would be your greatest player?

In my experience of regularly watching us since 1966, there's only one God, and that's Killer Hales. Of course he wasn't technically the most accomplished player, but he had flair, guts, and shed-loads of charisma. Thrilling drama of one sort or another would accompany most of his performances - and we worshipped him. For the youngsters among us who never say him play, the thumping volley that was Kermo's first goal against Bristol Titty last season was straight out of the Hales repertoire.