Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Barnsley away advanced purchase train travel

Going from Kings Cross(EastCoast trains) on the 9.48 costs £15 and travelling back from Doncaster on the 19.29 costs £10. A South Yorkshire rail rover for the Doncaster-Barnsley return journey £6 for the day.
Alternatively go via Sheffield, that usually is about £32 return.
These prices are based on not having a discounted railcard

Comments

• Are you going to do these threads on every away game? Helpful stuff.
  • Yes mate, did last season. These games are expensive enough so if I can do my good deed for the day and save people money................
  • Fair play.
  • Tempted at that price.
  • Yes mate, did last season. These games are expensive enough so if I can do my good deed for the day and save people money................

Cheers. Good to have a heads up. As prices seem to reach a low point at random times and before you know they have gone up again.

Cheers. Good to have a heads up. As prices seem to reach a low point at random times and before you know they have gone up again.
    Please do not ask me about Watford!
  • Totally agree, this is great help for the few.

I reckon there should be a dedicated sticky for this sort of thing.

Well done Elfsborg.
  • Totally agree, this is great help for the few.

I reckon there should be a dedicated sticky for this sort of thing.

Well done Elfsborg.

Don't know what a 'sticky' is but I apply!
  • Can't ever go Barnsley again as it cannot possibly be better than last seasons trip. The only way is down at that place.
  • Can't ever go Barnsley again as it cannot possibly be better than last seasons trip. The only way is down at that place.

Can't be greedy. I'll take 3-0 this year.

• Sponsored links:

That's my philosophy with palice. After we relegated them I have not been to another game against them since.
  • I'd be gutted with a 3-0 win this season, would feel like we've lost in the last minute..
    ;)
  • £24.15 8.55am from st pancras
    18.42pm from barnsley

with a railcard
  • missed the ship on this one nothing cheap available ive tried most avenues looking around the 50 quid mark
  • missed the ship on this one nothing cheap available ive tried most avenues looking around the 50 quid mark

Have you tried Sydney Cheesewright? He may have some tickets left on his group travel party?
  • havent tried that yet, think ive managed to find it for 45.50 pp
  • Won't be going this year but remember this being a bit of a pain to get to last season.

However...in the joy of us winning 6-0 my brother got so hopelessly drunk that he got lost, with me having his train ticket. He somehow made it from Barnsley to Leeds, then for some reason Leeds to Manchester, Manchester to Preston and then Preston to Birmingham - arriving at Brum just before midnight - all without a ticket. He then had to wait for a couple of hours before catching a 3am coach from Birmingham back to London, then train from Victoria to Eltham arriving home at about 7.30am.
  • se9addick said:

Won't be going this year but remember this being a bit of a pain to get to last season.

However...in the joy of us winning 6-0 my brother got so hopelessly drunk that he got lost, with me having his train ticket. He somehow made it from Barnsley to Leeds, then for some reason Leeds to Manchester, Manchester to Preston and then Preston to Birmingham - arriving at Brum just before midnight - all without a ticket. He then had to wait for a couple of hours before catching a 3am coach from Birmingham back to London, then train from Victoria to Eltham arriving home at about 7.30am.

Hopelessly drunk methinks is a bit of an understatement!