Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sonic Boom Epping Area

http://www.theadvertisergroup.co.uk/News/Sonic-boom-behind-mysterious-bang-reports-16062013.htm

it was the scariest noise ever , i thought our boiler had exploded or something , the whole house shook

Comments

• If you speak when travelling faster than the speed of sound do you hear your own voice after you have spoken?
  • Heard that from Harlow, went running outside as my son was playing in the garden, had no idea what it was though at the time.
  • edited June 2013
    Some fella at the shops said his chimney had fallen down ...
    There'll be a fair few claims going in to the government

I thought we had Scotland to do these type of tests !

Edit:
    Apparently not a test , a Typhoon caused the boom after it was scambled because a US plane had lost communications with AT control, so not a practise. Heard in cambs and herts to ... Fucking yanks
  • http://www.theadvertisergroup.co.uk/News/Sonic-boom-behind-mysterious-bang-reports-16062013.htm

it was the scariest noise ever , i thought our boiler had exploded or something , the whole house shook

You on the lav again?
  • We heard it in enfield this morning wonderd what it was
  • Is this related to the emergency landing in Scotland?
  • I thought my wife had driven into the scaffolding to the front of my house as the noise and vibration were so distinct.
    She hadn't - and I apologised for even thinking it - and was unsure of the reason until it was mentioned elsewhere.
  • Some fella at the shops said his chimney had fallen down ...
    There'll be a fair few claims going in to the government

I thought we had Scotland to do these type of tests !

Edit:
    Apparently not a test , a Typhoon caused the boom after it was scambled because a US plane had lost communications with AT control, so not a practise. Heard in cambs and herts to ... Fucking yanks

I'm surprised this wasn't reported/didn't happen the other week; remember that flight from Pakistan that had two Typhoons scrambled at the end of last month (Linkie)?

The BBC is reporting that these aircraft even took off from the same RAF base (Coningsby, Lincolnshire) as you'd expect.

I'm guessing (quite obviously) that the location of the sonic boom is dependent on the location that the required speed is reached; but surely wherever that speed is hit people are going to hear something that loud?

• Nicholas said:

Heard that from Harlow, went running outside as my son was playing in the garden, had no idea what it was though at the time.

I heard it in Harlow as well. It sounded really odd. I thought it was a car crash at first.

With me also in Harlow I can see us opening our own Harlow Supporters Branch in the near future! ;0)

• delroofer said:

Nicholas said:

Heard that from Harlow, went running outside as my son was playing in the garden, had no idea what it was though at the time.

I heard it in Harlow as well. It sounded really odd. I thought it was a car crash at first.

With me also in Harlow I can see us opening our own Harlow Supporters Branch in the near future! ;0)

...bloody norven'ers.......

;-)

• Sponsored links:

• Just spreading our massive wealth and knowledge to some of those less fortunate south of the river.

(smiley face)
  • I work in Harlow, that bad enough. Thank god for the Dartford crossing, at least I can get back to gods country. :-)
  • heard it in Sudbury, Suffolk
  • I work in Harlow, that bad enough. Thank god for the Dartford crossing, at least I can get back to gods country. :-)

If that is an anagram, I cannot work it out.
  • Try
    Gusty condor :-)
  • delroofer said:

I work in Harlow, that bad enough. Thank god for the Dartford crossing, at least I can get back to gods country. :-)

If that is an anagram, I cannot work it out.
    Give us a couple more vowels, then give us Carol Vorderman.

• delroofer said:

Nicholas said:

Blimey I lived in Harlow for 54 years and never met another addick
  • I've been here since 1966.
  • delroofer said:

Nicholas said:

I remember us playing Harlow Town in that municipal athletics stadium, FA Cup 2nd round, 1980-81. Won 2-0.

• delroofer said:

Nicholas said:

I remember us playing Harlow Town in that municipal athletics stadium, FA Cup 2nd round, 1980-81. Won 2-0.

I still think that the goal killer scored was in fact a cross.
  • Sponsored links:

• delroofer said:

Nicholas said:

I still think that the goal killer scored was in fact a cross.

Yes! There's a clip of it I watched the other day - somewhere on YouTube. That was the only occasion I have ever made front-page news: the following day's Observer carried a photo of an Addick being hauled out of the stand and across the running track by four coppers - and clearly visible on the terrace beyond is me in my silver-coloured bomber jacket. Good days!

• Too much room. Let's meet in a phone box in the town centre somewhere so we can stay dry!
    We could always get Danny Green to attend as he lives in Old 'Arlow.