Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Resturants near Wembley

Can anyone recommend a decent resturant (any type really) within walking distance of Wembley Stadium?
I would usually eat in Central London but we are getting a coach up there for the Killers gig on Saturday because my Mum is claustrophobic and can't go on the underground, hence the need for somewhere within a sensible walking distance from Wembley Car Park. I realise Wembley is not the nicest place in the World so am not expecting anything amazing - we are just going to have a couple of hours to kill.

Many Thanks.

Comments

• Depends what you want...theres quite a few nice authentic south indian restaurants on the high street especially towards wembley central train station & ealing road (15mins walk from the stadium). Going the opposite way (up the hill from Wembley Park Station) theres only really a Sams chicken and massive Asda.

If you want something localish but in driving distance (10mins) there are a few Indian Pub/Restaurants in the Kenton area.

• Would you be willing to get a 10 min or so taxi? If so there's some nice one's I can recommend towards Harrow.
  • You've been there enough to know there's F all round there mate!
  • I used to live half a mile from Wembley and i would recommend anywhere but Wembley. It's not a nice place at all. Jump in a cab and go to Harrow or Ruislip.
  • edited June 2013
    I can't tell you of any restaurants, but I always go the Green Man pub. It's a less than 10 min walk from the stadium, but it is uphill. It's up a residential road & you'd think that it can't be right. But when you get to the top, it's there alright. A hidden gem, as far as I'm concerned. I always go there for a pint or three & they always do standard pub grub. It's a large pub, with a massive garden. They get coachloads in there pre gigs & footie. Tremendous place if you're a footie/gigging type.
    Forget it if you like posh. (I know you don't but not sure about your mum).

PS I still have a £55 (£47.50+booking fee) standing/unreserved seating spare, if you know of anyone wanting one.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/60/6056/Green_Man/Wembley
  • There is a lovely Nigerian restaurant just by wembley tube but if u don't like that cusine it may not appeal
  • There is a lovely Nigerian restaurant just by wembley tube but if u don't like that cusine it may not appeal

And don't hand over your credit card ! :-)
  • Don't know any good ones but you're certainly best to prepare in advance on the basis of my experience. I have turned up there a couple of times with mates and twice just walked in to random indian places in the town centre, and they were absolutely dire. Proper food poisoning type joints. So I wouldn't recommend a "wing it" approach, that's for sure.
  • I used to live half a mile from Wembley and i would recommend anywhere but Wembley. It's not a nice place at all. Jump in a cab and go to Harrow or Ruislip.

Is Harrow on the overground line out of Wembley central Beds? If so is there anywhere near Harrow station?

Cheers everyone.
  • Sponsored links:

Is Harrow on the overground line out of Wembley central Beds? If so is there anywhere near Harrow station?

Cheers everyone.
    Harrow and Harrow on the Hill are just a couple of stops from Wembley Park station on the Metropolitan line but as for restaurants , its been donkeys years since I lived there so you will have to do a bit of research on that front.
  • Go to Harrow on the Hill station. Then you can either walk up the hill, past the school and at the other side of the hill theres a couple of really nice restaurants, or just down into Harrow town and there are similarly some decent ones about.
  • I'm going on Saturday too. Looks like it's going to be a horrible journey there.
  • edited June 2013
    You will need the Met Line from Wembley Park to Harrow on the Hill; the one from Wembley Central goes to Harrow Weald (dump) so avoid that.

Harrow has all the standard restaurants you would find in a high street. Harrow on the Hill has decent places to eat and drink but can be abit on the pricey side plus its a 15min walk or 258 bus.
  • Allso Thai

Mesopotamia - middle eastern/Lebanese

Kharhi king - Indian

I did pay with my credit card at the Nigerian and surprise surprise, they just wanted due consideration for the enjoyable meal they provided. Didn't try and rob me or sell me a dodgy fone ;)
  • What about the Hilton near the stadium?
  • GRAY9 said:

I'm going on Saturday too. Looks like it's going to be a horrible journey there.

Why ?
  • anyone been in the Sapphire Lounge @ Club Wembley at all?, got a couple of tickets for Robbie Williams and taking the missus and wondered what it was like
  • edited June 2013
    Not the Sapphire Lounge !! ........

;-)