Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

fifa confederation cup

Comments

• Which Mario will turn up...
  • Which Mario will turn up...

Balotelli

• Probably the one that averaged almost a goal a game since moving back to Italy :)
  • Jaddick said:

Probably the one that averaged almost a goal a game since moving back to Italy :)

Hasn't he got impressive assists stats too ?
  • Are these going to be the kick-off times at the actual World Cup next year?
  • CAFCdamo said:

Are these going to be the kick-off times at the actual World Cup next year?

Apparently so, although if viewing figures in Europe for the Confeds are extraordinarily bad they may be revised.
  • They're actually not as bad as I thought they were going to be.
  • Brazil is 3/4/5 hours behind us.

Earliest game is at 1.30 and the usual latest is 7pm local time (altho one group game is at 9.30pm for some reason)
  • CAFCdamo said:

They're actually not as bad as I thought they were going to be.

But remember some of the other major European nations are 1/2/3 hours ahead of us.
  • se9addick said:

CAFCdamo said:

But remember some of the other major European nations are 1/2/3 hours ahead of us.
    Yeah I was looking at it from a purely selfish standpoint, must be a nightmare trying to please everybody.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cracking free kick
  • se9addick said:

Jaddick said:

Probably the one that averaged almost a goal a game since moving back to Italy :)

Hasn't he got impressive assists stats too ?
    Yeah he has. His whole game has improved since his move. He works a lot more, his link up play is amazing with some of his teammates who happen to be his close friends (Niang, El Sha), and looks much more confident. He looks almost unrecognisable from the selfish sulky kid who played for City. He seems to have grown up and finally found his home at the club he supports.

Pirlo just scored a belter of a free kick, absolutely quality.

1-0 Italy.
  • Pirlo wow
  • Penalty to Mexico
  • se9addick said:

CAFCdamo said:

Agreed and being on the meridian line we're pretty lucky that we'll never really likely have tournaments with 2, 3 or 4 am kick off like other parts of the world experience for the WC.
  • Great free kick but surely the keeper could have atleast left his arms outstreched
  • Good to see John Hartson looking better.
  • And the dent in his swede just makes him look harder
  • Gone for Italy 3-0 at 25/1 £1 on

Go Me'ico................................................;-)
  • Take 2 ?
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Take 2 ?

Not far off. For a straight man I think I have way, way too much man love toward Pirlo.
  • So nice listening to football without having townsend talking crap
  • Balotelli 2-1 Italy
  • Really enjoyed the first two games of the tournament so far.

I remember the last Confederations Cup where the rest of the world was introduced to the annoyance of the vuvuzelas.
  • Italy have good balance in midfield. De Rossi and montellivo allows Pirlo to dictate the game at his pace.
  • All Spain, 1-0 up on lucky deflection.
  • They deserve the lead though...
  • Why dive when 1-0 up and dominating? There's no point.
  • edited June 2013
    Good goal by Saldado...but the marking?
  • edited June 2013
    Spain look like a side in decline , only 2-0 up. Coming up to half time, England would get mullered playing this lot , light years ahead of us, not even got Mata,Navas or Silva playing.